1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mark L is my favorite armor, I love it so much I actually feel like buying two other iron mark L's, each posing with different accesories, in the display case.

anybody here buy the accesories pack? which of the accesories personally like / or dislike?

I have it, love the 2 shorter blades!
eb829d7f269b5cae9adca595809570b5.jpg

This has to be my favorite Iron Man armour just the fact he could withstand Thanks 1v1. Probably my favorite MCU moment and the fake out of his death.

For the people who has this armour, in case this was your only Iron Man figure, how's the leg gap in real life?

I can't look pas the leg gaps in pictures, so what do you guys think? And for the people who sold their figure, what made you sell it?

Never owned a Hot Toy before let alone seen one in real life.

Hey guys! Sorry for the newb question but looking for some info

I’ve been out of the iron man game since the mark III die cast, which I thought would be my only iron man, but I recently decided to go for an infinity war version to go with my new custom YK Kim sculpt. Opened it up, and was shocked at the size difference between mark L and mark iii. Is this accurate? Is the mark III grossly undersized? Is the mark L grossly oversized? To my eye you can’t even have the two beside each other!

Appreciate the clarification from the iron man experts!

I’ve been out of the iron man game since the mark III die cast, which I thought would be my only iron man, but I recently decided to go for an infinity war version to go with my new custom YK Kim sculpt. Opened it up, and was shocked at the size difference between mark L and mark iii. Is this accurate? Is the mark III grossly undersized? Is the mark L grossly oversized? To my eye you can’t even have the two beside each other!

More or less the Mk3 seemed to be pretty undersized. Basically every armor after it is larger like the Mk L. A while back I remember some people trying to show that the Mk3 was in scale to MCU size and was actually smaller than further armors, but pretty much nobody cares about that even if it were to be true and thinks the Mk3 needs to be bigger.

I?m not an IM expert, chilipep, but from owning a few IMs and having had the MKIII before I can tell you that that mold was definitely undersized compared to later versions and compared to other figures. Nice looking but a bit too small for a 1/6 man in a metal suit. The MKIV and on is when HT got the scale right in my eyes.

This has to be my favorite Iron Man armour just the fact he could withstand Thanks 1v1. Probably my favorite MCU moment and the fake out of his death.

For the people who has this armour, in case this was your only Iron Man figure, how's the leg gap in real life?

I can't look pas the leg gaps in pictures, so what do you guys think? And for the people who sold their figure, what made you sell it?

Never owned a Hot Toy before let alone seen one in real life.

The leg gap is unfortunate but looks way worse in pictures. The shoulders on this are unparalleled. This is a great Iron Man. Would have sold out long ago had it not been for the second issue due to the film's hype.

Of all the figures flaws my biggest gripe with it is the slightly pigeon toed feet.

I?ve been out of the iron man game since the mark III die cast, which I thought would be my only iron man, but I recently decided to go for an infinity war version to go with my new custom YK Kim sculpt. Opened it up, and was shocked at the size difference between mark L and mark iii. Is this accurate? Is the mark III grossly undersized? Is the mark L grossly oversized? To my eye you can?t even have the two beside each other!

If you look at the MK III next to the MK IV, you will notice that almost everything is close to the same size. The width of the shoulders, length of the torso, and length from the foot to the knee. The problem with the Mark III is that is has stubby thighs which is scaled correctly for the 5'8" RDJ, but not the character of Tony Stark which seems to be closer to 6' on screen.

The leg gap is unfortunate but looks way worse in pictures. The shoulders on this are unparalleled. This is a great Iron Man. Would have sold out long ago had it not been for the second issue due to the film's hype.

The shoulders are great, but HT should have put similar effort into making the hip joints look as seamless as those do. Depending on the pose they look fine, but at this price point we shouldn't have to compromise to achieve a satisfactory look. I was rearranging & reposing some figures the other day, including the Marks 42, 43 and 50. Now I either forgot or never knew this about the 42 (probably applies to the 43 as well), but its lower body (hips & legs) telescopes down as a unit to give extra clearance for extreme poses, then can be pushed back up to close the gap for others (like museum poses). I think if HT had incorporated this feature into the Mk 50 design, it would have been perfect.

Been playing around with this more. Inserted the batteries finally. This is a beautiful figure and the engineering on the top half is spectacular. With the nano boosters attached and the gorgeous LEDs on, it looks stunning. Next level stuff. Heck, I don't even mind the thigh gap. It allows for easier articulation and when posed you don't notice.

I'd just like to know what idiot decided that you have to pull the shoulders and then try to pull out this tiny panel to access the switch for the lights in the arms. Never mind. Got it. Watched Optibotimus do it.

The LED light-up Nano Repulsor Cannon looks stunning. Love the blue color. I think the Mark L is seriously underrated. It could be because it had a second run so soon after it sold out with the Infinity War hype and isn't scarce enough.

Going to order the accessory pack.

I wasnt a fan of this armor, swore it off as too insect-like. I felt much the same way after the first dozen viewings even. Now its probably my favorite armor, IW is also my favorite movie now, passing TESB which had been #1 an unprecedented (!) 38 years!

I was just playing with this a couple of weeks ago. Its probably the 2nd Iron man I have played with more than once since the very first mk 3 release way back in 2008 or 2009. I have the stealth, mk 6 dc and plastic, mk 7 dc, and both of the mk 1 figures.

THERE'S A THIGH GAP SOLUTION!!!

After my last post about the thigh gaps, the engineer in me couldn't resist having a look at the issue more closely to see if something could be done about it. It turns out there IS a way to significantly reduce the gaps, and it's remarkably simple (but not for the faint of heart, lol)! I popped the legs off their ball joints (I removed the armor covering the leg batteries first), whereupon I discovered that the leg ball joint posts are ratcheted and move independently. They're quite stiff, but they DO ratchet. Unfortunately, they only ratcheted downward, as there was no clearance above them in the plastic pelvic wall. I carefully (& SLOWLY) drilled very small holes above the posts to determine what was in that area. Upon discovering nothing critical, I gradually enlarged the holes & cleaned out enough plastic to allow the posts to ratchet upward. Now I can pull the legs down as desired when poses require more clearance, but I can close up those gaps for museum poses. And because the posts are ratcheted, the legs stay in whatever position you pick. The first 4 pics below show what I did & the last 2 demonstrate the results.

Ball joint posts in their lowest positions & showing added clearance:

mk50-1.jpeg
mk50-2.jpeg

Ball joint posts in their new highest positions:

mk50-3.jpeg
mk50-4.jpeg

Here are the legs in their lowest positions:

mk50-5.jpeg

Here they are in their highest positions:

mk50-6.jpeg

Wow, that looks great. But not for the faint of heart, as you said. Would probably impact resale value. Before anyone jumps on me, I don't buy Hot Toys as investments (that would be silly) but it's nice to be able to sell them when you need money because of economic downturn or just want money to upgrade.

Again, looks really good.

Wow, that looks great. But not for the faint of heart, as you said. Would probably impact resale value. Before anyone jumps on me, I don't buy Hot Toys as investments (that would be silly) but it's nice to be able to sell them when you need money because of economic downturn or just want money to upgrade.

Again, looks really good.

I don't see it negatively impacting resale value, as the clearance modifications (even with my somewhat crude methods) are completely hidden by the legs. I wouldn't foresee having the ability to minimize those gaps being an issue for any prospective buyer.

Back