1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I on the other hand, am compelled to get them all :lol

wFKl13I.jpg

I've never felt a need to get every suit, but will end up having the 3, 6, 7, 46, 50 and 85 by the end, which to me were the more iconic ones. I've never had quite as much interest in collecting more unique armors like the 5 or 42, even though they do look very cool.

The 5 has a hold on me, but like yourself, I tend to gravitate towards the 'main' suits that come across as iconic and define the character for me.

When this is said and done, I'll have 4, 5, 7, 43, 50, and probably 85. 47 went up for sale in favor of the IW/EG suits. That has a good flow of how the suit designs evolved across the Infinity Saga in my mind. I'm thinking of doing a detolf dedicated to just them because they are so intricate it's worth the exclusive display real estate.

That’s a solid list which covers a lot of ground. For me:

Mark I DC - bound to happen, represents IM1 which started this all
Mark VI DC - favourite classic armor
Mark LXXXV - organic style armor, final suit.

Hard choice: the 85 or the 50. 50 sees more action, first nano suit but the 85 is the final suit, ‘snap’ suit with a classic colorway. Fits better in my line-up.

When this is said and done, I'll have 4, 5, 7, 43, 50, and probably 85. 47 went up for sale in favor of the IW/EG suits. That has a good flow of how the suit designs evolved across the Infinity Saga in my mind. I'm thinking of doing a detolf dedicated to just them because they are so intricate it's worth the exclusive display real estate.

Hey, I’m sure you know what’s up for your tastes and that’s what should ultimately drive a collection. Your “representations” are all great picks In my opinion but if it were me, I’d throw a few more in there.

Mk. I diecast (inevitable) as it started the entire MCU and has comic roots.
Mk. XLV as it’s not that popular of a suit, it stands out like a Ferrari of armors.
Mk. XLVI Concept Art because you sold your Mk. XLVII, this one can represent the “bleeding edge” armor while not costing a thousand dollars.

And for good measure, to go ALL OUT, the Mk. XLIV Hulkbuster reissue. In my opinion the most incredible work they have done and continues to be. I have the Jackhammer arm on PO but I’m thinking of canceling it and buying the set because I fear that HT’s will never achieve something as grand like this again. If we had seen a Vulture PO after last years SDCC then I probably would never think of buying another HB but they are playing it too safe.

Anyways, great list and I’ll be looking forward to seeing your display once you are all done!

Hard choice: the 85 or the 50. 50 sees more action, first nano suit but the 85 is the final suit, ‘snap’ suit with a classic colorway. Fits better in my line-up.

I'm having the same quandary: 50 vs 85

I much prefer IW to EG... but I find the 85 to be the superior suit of the two. It does bring everything together for the final suit -- organic but still mechanized looking, correct classic color balance... and its the suit Tony saves the universe in and dies in.

That said, let's just hope HT makes their 85 as stellar a figure as they did with their 50.

Thank you so much! :clap

Yeah yeah! You know I’m a fan of your pictures.

I actually was hoping you might take (or find) some with the nano boosters (wings) on the back and the lobster claw on the right arm please. I’m mostly interested to see how your pictures with the nano boosters will look if you don’t feel like swapping the forearm off.

I actually was hoping you might take (or find) some with the nano boosters (wings) on the back and the lobster claw on the right arm please. I’m mostly interested to see how your pictures with the nano boosters will look if you don’t feel like swapping the forearm off.

Funny I had them originally posted with them on, but took them off. But since you enjoy seeing my photos I'll do a few just for you! I appreciate your support.

Just received mine from BBTS. I considered cancelling in favor of 85, but I figured this looked pretty damn good in its own right and BBTS had something like an $80 NRD. So maybe I'll end up with both. I have one other Iron Man, the Mark 6 Die Cast.

I opened up the box and had a brief look and no doubt, this is one sexy figure. :D

Here you go! Got one done and the others will have to wait a little while. Enjoy your weekend.

Mark50 Flight.jpg

Back