1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
314A92A1-E9CB-4B36-9438-1884B43522F3.jpeg

Looks better to my eye. Though I would prefer the "wandering Jedi" look instead. Any who.

I've said it before but McGregor's performance was the best part of that show.

Hot Toys should have put updated pics out themselves weeks ago with their own photography and lighting.

Instead we got skewed pics of a show banner and unflattering pics from a Sideshow booth. Apparently this new sculpt is also this from another angle.
82a9a1e7c17d8ddd45d2e8b1559f5db0.jpg

This one waitlisted a long time ago- and I just had a conversion happen to pre-order. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m excited for this one to come out especially from the recent sculpt reveals.

Looks better, but I just f'n HATED that show. I couldn't stare a something on my shelf that just keeps reminding me of what could've been.
It it nice to see that HT made the effort.

Does that mean there's a ghost of a chance that Windu 's sculpt might be adjusted too?
Fingers crossed!

Show was bad yes, bar a couple of episode. I always tend to buy these as a representation of the character rather than their portrayal in a series/movie. I missed out on him from the release they did for RotS so this is the next best for me. I really wish they’d re-release the New Hope one. Fingers crossed for the 50th anniversary hahaha 🤣

Looks better, but I just f'n HATED that show. I couldn't stare a something on my shelf that just keeps reminding me of what could've been.
It it nice to see that HT made the effort.

Does that mean there's a ghost of a chance that Windu 's sculpt might be adjusted too?
Fingers crossed!
Have you ever watched the Patterson cut?
It’s the entire show cut down to 2.5 hours.
Although it can only work with what they already had, they do a better job than LFL did, sadly(I’m a big Kenobi fan and was really hoping it would be great).
They add in OT transitions and rejig scene order, plus they cut out a lot of fluff. I won’t ruin the exact changes as(for someone who loves all SW), even if you’ve watched the Kenobi show and like it, this makes it way better, and I don’t want to ruin that for anyone.
For anyone interested, just google “Kai Patterson Kenobi”, and you’ll find a way to watch it.
It doesn’t erase a three seat, side hinge door snowspeeder, lol, but it’s better than what’s available on D+.

Have you ever watched the Patterson cut?
It’s the entire show cut down to 2.5 hours.
Although it can only work with what they already had, they do a better job than LFL did, sadly(I’m a big Kenobi fan and was really hoping it would be great).
They add in OT transitions and rejig scene order, plus they cut out a lot of fluff. I won’t ruin the exact changes as(for someone who loves all SW), even if you’ve watched the Kenobi show and like it, this makes it way better, and I don’t want to ruin that for anyone.
For anyone interested, just google “Kai Patterson Kenobi”, and you’ll find a way to watch it.
It doesn’t erase a three seat, side hinge door snowspeeder, lol, but it’s better than what’s available on D+.
Agreed. It’s definitely worth checking out.

Wow... I didn't hate the show at all. Not every episode was a home run, but those last two were some of the best Star Wars ever, IMAO.

I was worried that they were going to try to do so much with the show in the name of ratings and huge pay-off moments that it would tinge the story arc of the OT. And while you can argue that Obi-Wan and Vader meeting each other at all (let alone having an epic duel) kind of skews those Obi-Wan Vader lines in ANH, their battle in the Obi-Wan series was so incredible for the fight itself, for sure, but far secondary to the moments between Anakin and Obi-Wan! I think the show provided some valuable insights and understandings that sharpened the motif of Anakin becoming Vader in an extremely powerful and unexpected way. Loved it!

Sorry, didn't mean to write a mini-review... As for the figure, day one pre-order for me despite misgivings regarding the sculpt. I really wish Hot Toys would update their showcase photos of him to let us know clearly what the changes look like. But I guess we'll have to wait for the blogger photos in about a year and a half, LOL!

Last edited:
I'm hoping they'll showcase this next week at Sideshow Con but maybe not if it's waitlisted?

Wow... I didn't hate the show at all. Not every episode was a home run, but those last two were some of the best Star Wars ever, IMAO.

I was worried that they were going to try to do so much with the show in the name of ratings and huge pay-off moments that it would tinge the story arc of the OT. And while you can argue that Obi-Wan and Vader meeting each other at all (let alone having an epic duel) kind of skews those Obi-Wan Vader lines in ANH, their battle in the Obi-Wan series was so incredible for the fight itself, for sure, but far secondary to the moments between Anakin and Obi-Wan! I think the show provided some valuable insights and understandings that sharpened the motif of Anakin becoming Vader in an extremely powerful and unexpected way. Loved it!

Sorry, didn't mean to write a mini-review... As for the figure, day one pre-order for me despite misgivings regarding the sculpt. I really with Hot Toys would update their showcase photos of him to let us know clearly what the changes look like. But I guess we'll have to wait for the blogger photos in about a year and a half, LOL!
Agreed. I actually really enjoyed the series.

Do I feel it was a little bloated in areas? Sure. But the stuff I liked- I REALLY liked. It was a far better show than BOBF or Mando Season 3. I liked it better than 2/3's of both the prequels and the sequels.

And that last lightsaber battle? Most emotional one since ROTJ.

I didn’t hate the show but I feel like the best parts could have been condensed into a movie (I know a fan cut exists but I’d prefer something official).

I think a lot of the Disney+ shows have that issue. Disney cares more about content than quality and so a lot of the shows end up padded out with extra fluff.

Back