1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was neat seeing Luke have a go at some canon fodder but I'll always prefer the more nuanced albeit low-key take on the character we got in TLJ. But I'm glad folk got their release in terms of Luke doing badass force/lightsaber stuff and I'm happy I can enjoy both.

Figure looks good and the accessories are ace but I'm not exactly jumping to PO it. Seeing a bit a Lundgren in him.
No comment.

5icigh.gif

5iciov.gif

5iciy4.gif

nuanced albeit low-key take on the character we got in TLJ.

TLJ Luke "nuanced" "low-key" ? :lol

ZlCVGYF.gif

The outrageous intentionally over-the-top, cantankerous, blue milk dripping down his beard, hopeless, fear-filled coward, hiding from his friends he once ran towards to help, shouting about Jedi text he never followed, psychotically about to lob of his nephews' head? Betraying all his instincts, cause he somehow suddenly forgot surrendering to fear makes it powerful.
Essentially the least subtle, most attention needing director shouting -LOOK AT ME I'M BETRAYING EVERYTHING LUKE LEARNED AND EVER WAS!
Was "nuanced" and "low-key"? :rotfl

Last edited:
CG Luke on the left, Deep fake Luke center, Hot toys right. To me he looks like the Deep fake one so better then the CG version. The eyes are better on the Deep fake one. View attachment 533281

One more, CG Luke on top, Deep fake bottom left, Hot toys bottom right. View attachment 533282
Deepfake Luke above the CG Luke to the left of Rob Lowe Austin Powers Luke which is above the video game Luke and between a comparison of the two HT Luke portraits with Mando and ROTJ hairpieces. :dunno :lol
51351539717_c9e01d4e74_o.png

They actually did quite well in matching the odd look the CG Luke had in Mando. Was also sick of seeing them reuse that stupid open mouth sculpt for every single Luke figure.

I'm honestly SHOCKED that they didn't reuse it for this figure. I'm glad they didn't.

lf1jCYC.png
226077294_10158164048122344_7607779544519684180_n.jpg
IMO this HT sculpt looks more like Mark Hamill than the Mando CGI Luke that it's based on.

I felt like an idiot for buying a second hot toys r2. I’m still an idiot, but I’m glad I have it now. Also, enough mandalorian for me, thanks. Let’s get some missing ot/cw/pt figures up for the next few months. This was the release I was waiting for and it’s fine with me if they take a break for a while. The redemption of Luke skywalker. Now let’s redeem bespin han and C3po.
Wait... I forgot about the 638 mandalorian figures shown at the con.

Sculpt is good. Looks just like what is on screen. But I see R2 on screen and no R2 Mando announcement!

Back