1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it stands we have no pics of this without the cloak, so it's hard to tell what's under it. I hope it's that new undershirt like we saw in today's episode, as I feel it really completes the look. I think it really is what's under it. If you look at the centre, he's got the same design as in the above pic:

dx23-5.jpg

It's obviously a seperate piece of clothing, underneath the usual tunic. Meanwhile the classic ROTJ costume misses that middle area:

IMG_1053b.jpg

mms429-l22.jpg

Maybe that's why they didn't show any pictures without the cloak, as the undershirt was still stuck in concept art or something. At least that's what I want to believe. Would they really release another 300$ while the other is still up for PO, with the only difference being a new shirt?

As it stands we have no pics of this without the cloak, so it's hard to tell what's under it. I hope it's that new undershirt like we saw in today's episode, as I feel it really completes the look. I think it really is what's under it. If you look at the centre, he's got the same design as in the above pic:

Maybe that's why they didn't show any pictures without the cloak, as the undershirt was still stuck in concept art or something. At least that's what I want to believe. Would they really release another 300$ while the other is still up for PO, with the only difference being a new shirt?
That's quite literally what Hot Toys does.

New shirt + Back bag + 20th Grogu figures = Profit. Include the Jedi training remote ball + some rock base for Grogu to stand and balance on. Boom new $300+ figure to sell.

New shirt + Back bag + 20th Grogu figures = Profit. Include the Jedi training remote ball + some rock base for Grogu to stand and balance on. Boom new $300+ figure to sell.
Come on. They're scummy, but not that scummy. They wouldn't put up a PO when the other version is still about a year away. Come on. Look at the pictures. It's likely the same shirt under there.

Don't make me cancel my PO, lose my 60€ deposit, all for a goddamn shirt on a dolly...

200w.gif

If normal people saw us like this, they really would think us mad...

I'm conflicted., not sure witch I like better
Might depend on which path Grogu chooses.
If he picks Mando Beskar I'll stick with more classic Luke, as his story ends there for me since the ST is a farce.
If he chooses lighsaber and Jedi (continues training) I might forgo the current, and await this version....
If Luke allows him to chose both (which he should), ...?
screenshot-2022-02-02-at-12-41-22.png

Last edited:

dx23-5.jpg

It's obviously a seperate piece of clothing, underneath the usual tunic. Meanwhile the classic ROTJ costume misses that middle area:

IMG_1053b.jpg

mms429-l22.jpg

It’s such a better look IMO..more spiritual and japanese. It’s pretty much Anakin like

I'm conflicted., not sure witch I like better
Might depend on which path Grogu chooses.
If he picks Mando Beskar I'll stick with more classic Luke, as his story ends there for me since the ST is a farce.
If he chooses lighsaber and Jedi (continues training) I might forgo the current, and await this version, if they ever make it.
If Luke allows him to chose both (which he should be), I'm screwd!
screenshot-2022-02-02-at-12-41-22.png
If it includes this option I want to display the figure like this. I bet people who saw the episode now are thinking the ROTJ version from HT is obsolete :lol

It’s such a better look IMO..more spiritual and japanese. It’s pretty much Anakin like
Exactly. It really looks like a proper ceremonial outfit instead of just clothes.

If it includes this option I want to display the figure like this. I bet people who saw the episode now are thinking the ROTJ version from HT is obsolete :lol
Same here. I wasn't planning on using the cloak either way, but if this is what's underneath (which I think it is) then it got so much better.

As for the ROTJ version, it looks "worse" to me as I prefer the more Order-y looks in general as opposed to the more "down to Earth" looks. But some might still have an attachment to the movie itself, or have a Throne Room display, or Hell, might just prefer the pilot-esque look without the tunic. I'm just glad this new version exists and is more in line with the Jedi's ceremonial garbs as we came to know them.

Exactly. It really looks like a proper ceremonial outfit instead of just clothes.

Same here. I wasn't planning on using the cloak either way, but if this is what's underneath (which I think it is) then it got so much better.

As for the ROTJ version, it looks "worse" to me as I prefer the more Order-y looks in general as tunic. I'm just glad this new version exists and is more in line with the Jedi's ceremonial garbs as we came to know them.
It still irks me why Luke chose all black. All Jedi in cinematic PT wore tan or brown garbs. Of course, they said Vader wore black so it was a tie in why Luke wore black but I think lucas said when Anakin became armored Vader. He wasn’t to be a true Jedi anymore

Don’t forget…if it happens…Grogu Armor with clothe wrapping and yoda saber :slap Uh oh, I just realized the boots aren’t glossy either

It still irks me why Luke chose all black. All Jedi in cinematic PT wore tan or brown garbs. Of course, they said Vader wore black so it was a tie in why Luke wore black but I think lucas said when Anakin became armored Vader. He wasn’t to be a true Jedi anymore
Yeah, good point. Even Pre-PT Jedi favoured white and brown/tan garbs. I suppose it could've been a nod to Luke being all alone in this endeavor, and trying to find his balance. Or it just looked hella kewl for the hero to be dressed in all-black instead of his mentor's boring tan robes, leading to more toy sales. It's probably the latter.

This gen doesn't understand Luke
Luke chose black cause he wasn't afraid of his father.
Because he recognized darkness (see the cave vison) as part of his line, as part of himself, and now chose to no longer feare it.
Hence when it came to it, it had no power over him / Balance
When his father saw that, it transformed and saved him, and in doing so saved the galaxy.
That is what Luke learned, and was to pass on to the next gen.

That's why Disney's piece of garbage hopeless coward who struck out in fear then hid from his friends, in the Disney sequels wasn't Luke, it's a complete betrayal of everything Luke experienced, learned, and was.

Last edited:
This gen doesn't understand Luke
Luke chose black cause he wasn't afraid of his father.
He didn't fear it or his darker half, but recognized it as part of himself.
When his father saw that, he transformed him.

That's why the piece of garbage who struck out of it in fear in the Disney sequels wasn't Luke, it's a complete betrayal of everything Luke was.
I always took it as him trying to find the balance. It's why ROTJ opens with him using Force Choke, something associated with the Sith. It plays into the whole Throne Room fight and why it goes down the way it does. It's why the most recent TBOBF episode's treatment of Luke hinges on how he handles the aftermath of Grogu's choice next week. Also, let's be honest, black clothes are cool; it was done for the toy sales too.

I think it is the same shirt, if you look at some of the pictures for the deluxe, you can see the same sort of segmentation as the shirt he was wearing in BoBF.
HotToysMandalorianLukeSkywalker.png

Either way, that episode really got me considering this figure. I was thinking about having the ESB Snowspeeder version be my sole Luke, but I may end up with this one too.

I think it is the same shirt, if you look at some of the pictures for the deluxe, you can see the same sort of segmentation as the shirt he was wearing in BoBF.
View attachment 560072
Either way, that episode really got me considering this figure. I was thinking about having the ESB Snowspeeder version be my sole Luke, but I may end up with this one too.
Good eye..I didn’t realize it is the newer design similar to today’s episode

View attachment 560072
That's what I'm thinking too.

The BOBF look also had this undertunic under... the tunic. There's really no way around saying that twice.

1643842501358.jpg

If you look at the pics of the DX, there's a clear skirt-like cloth under the big tunic, seperate from the pants:

dx23-12.jpg

I think it's the same outfit and what we'll be getting under the cloak and tunic. I think it's more likely they came up with that one design back when they had to get him in Mando S2, but the secrecy around it all didn't allow them to prepare promos and whatnot. So just now are we getting a look at Luke's new "Jedi Master" garb. You'd think HT would shoot some pics without the cloak and the tunic, same thing they did with their ROTJ Luke, instead of refusing to do so. I think they were passed the designs but were told to hold off, and we'll see some displays of him without the cloak, but with the undershirt, at some con.

That's not Luke's fault - that Lucas's fault for his evolving style. And Doug Chiang. No complaints from me, mind you. It's just that Luke's decisions were made well before Lucas decided to make Obi-Wan's look the basis for the Jedi who preceded him. That's my argument, anyway. My recollection from way, way, way back in an interview I saw with Lucas forever ago was that he was trying to channel the catholic priest vibe for Luke to show his death to individuality or some such thing. Long short, blame George . . .

Back