1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it weird how Favreau constantly includes Kathleen as part of the creative team that made this show possible and yet fans continue to pretend that there's some kind of feud between them?

In the latest Disney Gallery, Favreau said he let her know the plan early on.

Why would she not have the authority to nix Favreau's decisions?

Season One of The Mandalorian was a runaway hit and the golden goose. Kennedy's work has been very subpar by comparison. And Favreau is not your average underling. He created Iron Man and a lot of other very successful content and is close with many powerful people in Hollywood.

Isn't it weird how Favreau constantly includes Kathleen as part of the creative team that made this show possible and yet fans continue to pretend that there's some kind of feud between them?

Yeah it's really weird that with her undeserved position that she gets to put her name on the show. She has made a career out attaching her name to other people's work. I will say that George Lucas doesn't catch nearly enough hell for handing her that job.

Season One of The Mandalorian was a runaway hit and the golden goose. Kennedy's work has been very subpar by comparison. And Favreau is not your average underling. He created Iron Man and a lot of other very successful content and is close with many powerful people in Hollywood.

Jon FavreauKathleen Kennedy
ElfET
Iron Man 1Gremlins
Iron Man 2Back to the Future
The Jungle BookThe Goonies
The Lion KingWho Framed Roger Rabbit
The MandalorianBack to the Future Part II
Hook
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
The Sixth Sense

So, this is just me picking out the big hits. Obviously Kennedy's done a bunch of other movies, but I didn't add stuff like Jurassic Park III, even though that movie made a ton of money, it was still a crap movie, and there's a bunch of other movies she produced that were hits, but they were things like Alive or Bridges of Madison County that aren't really blockbusters like this forum is interested in, so they don't count. Apart from what I've listed for Favreau, he hasn't done much else, a few bombs like Cowboys & Aliens and Zathura, and yeah, he did Made which put him on the map, Chef was good, but they're all low-budget indie flicks, so not really hits.

You'll really have to be more specific on 'a lot of other very successful content', I really don't see what else he's done. He directed an episode of The Office, and Undeclared, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

By comparison, Kennedy has received the third most Oscar nominations as a producer, and as far as box office, she's the third highest. So saying her work has been subpar by comparison is factually incorrect. And when you say Favreau is close with many powerful people, you'll have to be more specific. Kennedy is BFFs with Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas picked her to take over his company ... when your best friends are Spielberg and Lucas, you're pretty untouchable, I'd think.

Jon FavreauKathleen Kennedy
ElfET
Iron Man 1Gremlins
Iron Man 2Back to the Future
The Jungle BookThe Goonies
The Lion KingWho Framed Roger Rabbit
The MandalorianBack to the Future Part II
Hook
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
The Sixth Sense

So, this is just me picking out the big hits. Obviously Kennedy's done a bunch of other movies, but I didn't add stuff like Jurassic Park III, even though that movie made a ton of money, it was still a crap movie, and there's a bunch of other movies she produced that were hits, but they were things like Alive or Bridges of Madison County that aren't really blockbusters like this forum is interested in, so they don't count. Apart from what I've listed for Favreau, he hasn't done much else, a few bombs like Cowboys & Aliens and Zathura, and yeah, he did Made which put him on the map, Chef was good, but they're all low-budget indie flicks, so not really hits.

You'll really have to be more specific on 'a lot of other very successful content', I really don't see what else he's done. He directed an episode of The Office, and Undeclared, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

By comparison, Kennedy has received the third most Oscar nominations as a producer, and as far as box office, she's the third highest. So saying her work has been subpar by comparison is factually incorrect. And when you say Favreau is close with many powerful people, you'll have to be more specific. Kennedy is BFFs with Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas picked her to take over his company ... when your best friends are Spielberg and Lucas, you're pretty untouchable, I'd think.

Just riding the coattails and fetching coffee isn't gonna cut it...

ET - Spielberg
Gremlins - Joe Dante
BTTF - Robert Zemeckis
The Goonies - Richard Donner/Spielberg
Hook - Spielberg
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Zemeckis
BTTF 2 - Zemeckis
Jurassic Park- Spielberg
Schindler's List - Spielberg
Sixth Sense - Shyamalan

Just riding the coattails and fetching coffee isn't gonna cut it...

ET - Spielberg
Gremlins - Joe Dante
BTTF - Robert Zemeckis
The Goonies - Richard Donner/Spielberg
Hook - Spielberg
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Zemeckis
BTTF 2 - Zemeckis
Jurassic Park- Spielberg
Schindler's List - Spielberg
Sixth Sense - Shyamalan

So, what is your understanding of what a Producer/Executive Producer does?

How come they can Deepfake Tom Cruise this well, but Luke looked like a marionette when he spoke on Mando?
View attachment 536530
View attachment 536530
The way I see it (based on the BTS) the Deepfake tech relies on the collection of pictures and videos as the source materials. Maybe they don't have enough great shots of young Hamill with good lightings, sharp images, etc... to perfect the look?

Maybe they don't have enough great shots of young Hamill with good lightings, sharp images, etc... to perfect the look?

Seems highly unlikely, the Disney Gallery episode specifically mentioned how much archival material they went through, lots of BTS interview stuff with great lighting. As informative as that episode was, it couldn't explain why Luke ended up looking bad, when all the other Marvel de-aging looked good.

I think it has to do with how we know exactly what Luke looked like in ROTJ, it's very engrained in our memories, so it's really difficult to match that 100%. When you consider that we aren't really watching movies that Michael Douglas and RDJ did 30 years ago, so our memories of what those people looked like when they were younger is rather fuzzy. I'd guess that casual watchers (non-fanboys) probably thought Luke looked perfect.

Seems highly unlikely, the Disney Gallery episode specifically mentioned how much archival material they went through, lots of BTS interview stuff with great lighting. As informative as that episode was, it couldn't explain why Luke ended up looking bad, when all the other Marvel de-aging looked good.

I think it has to do with how we know exactly what Luke looked like in ROTJ, it's very engrained in our memories, so it's really difficult to match that 100%. When you consider that we aren't really watching movies that Michael Douglas and RDJ did 30 years ago, so our memories of what those people looked like when they were younger is rather fuzzy. I'd guess that casual watchers (non-fanboys) probably thought Luke looked perfect.
Lets just say its the look of a slightly more adult Luke :D Its 5 years after ep 6 anw.

You mean the part where he committed suicide instead of joining the battle? There was no "redemption".
He didn't commit suicide - he accidentally died while projecting a hologram from a safe bazillion mile distance from the battle. :lecture

It did indirectly redeem the fact the hobo chose not to travel with Rey to the battle though, and also later chose not to board his functioning x-wing and fly to the battle to help his own sister and the last rebels from certain death.:dunno

The moral of the story is when you can, phone it in rather than show up, because some will view you as a hero either way.:faq

Last edited:
So, what is your understanding of what a Producer/Executive Producer does?
Here ya go...

ajektMx.png

KK is the business/logistics side of things. Just goes to show when she puts her nose into creative endeavors, she had no idea what the people want to see. Fits right in with the folks at WB/DC.
This is the most accurate assessment yet. Favreau says she gets things done and provides resources/connections. It makes sense that normally she is there to help the director/showrunner achieve the best product they envision. Sometimes if there’s issues like with RO or Solo she steps in to find reshoots or fix things but mostly she’s hands off if possible. This is a double edged sword since if it’s well received she and Lucasfilm do well but if there’s controversy or poor reception it reflects poorly on her and the company.

This is the most accurate assessment yet. Favreau says she gets things done and provides resources/connections. It makes sense that normally she is there to help the director/showrunner achieve the best product they envision. Sometimes if there’s issues like with RO or Solo she steps in to find reshoots or fix things but mostly she’s hands off if possible. This is a double edged sword since if it’s well received she and Lucasfilm do well but if there’s controversy or poor reception it reflects poorly on her and the company.
Yep exactly. You can write a long list of films which she was involved in (even produced), but did she have any involvement in the creative side, and knowing what resonates with viewers, what makes sense considering canon, how the characters should behave ? No.

If she had half the sensibility of Faverau, she would have reined in Johnson regarding Luke. The rest whatever, but nostalgia is a sensitive thing.

I didn’t realise and was surprised that Lola who had gone some great work on Marvel films were involved.
There are times you can definitely feel a sense of holding back personal views in that episode.

Back