1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought for a moment that Hamill was just randomly cosplaying as himself there. :lol

He probably does.

It helps with the ongoing trauma...

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol

Having watched the whole stream, it's confirmed those shots were taken at Mark's house back in late 2019. Favreau and Peyton went there to show season 2 finale script to Mark and ask him if he'd be interested to reprie his role.

221355067_10158164048232344_3389240720783586574_n-jpg.533209

I’m getting this one. But the lack of R2 breaks my heart tho

Yeah seeing the the BTS footage of Hamill and R2 , is just another reminder, why to capture the "Rescue" moment, the set (despite other ways to get him), should have included R2. LOL at Favreau struggling with his own emotions of why it wrecked him, and others like us -

Favreau: "It was already intense because my god here’s Mark Hamill dressed as Luke Skywalker, on our set in a starship hallway, It was just… It felt like a dream. It was really strange. And I was fine. And then R2-D2 rolled on. And I just had a moment where R2-D2 was there and I… That’s when I broke down.

And I felt… I didn’t understand why it felt silly, you know, but I started tearing up. And I was like, Let me remember this moment. Even now, I’m sort of moved. But I don’t understand why, I really don’t. But it just shows you how deep that stuff goes, and what it touches from your childhood and how you felt then."

Last edited:

Yeah seeing the the BTS footage of Hamill and R2 , is just another reminder, why to capture the "Rescue" moment, the set (despite other ways to get him), should have included R2. LOL at Favreau struggling with his own emotions of why it wrecked him, and others like us -

Favreau: "It was already intense because my god here’s Mark Hamill dressed as Luke Skywalker, on our set in a starship hallway, It was just… It felt like a dream. It was really strange. And I was fine. And then R2-D2 rolled on. And I just had a moment where R2-D2 was there and I… That’s when I broke down.

And I felt… I didn’t understand why it felt silly, you know, but I started tearing up. And I was like, Let me remember this moment. Even now, I’m sort of moved. But I don’t understand why, I really don’t. But it just shows you how deep that stuff goes, and what it touches from your childhood and how you felt then."
This guy sums up how most of us felt seeing the episode.

Favreau just says he doesn't understand why he teared up because he can't publicly say the ST sucks. Maybe Pablo Hidalgo should take to Twitter to mock Favreau.

Anyway I used $330 in points to order this for free today:)

That right there tugs at the heart. It is a special moment. To like the ST is simple sacrilege to me. I don't even know how people can like the movie as it didn't even make sense to begin with. I am so glad Favreau fought the good fight to bring justice to the world.

Favreau just says he doesn't understand why he teared up because he can't publicly say the ST sucks. Maybe Pablo Hidalgo should take to Twitter to mock Favreau.

Anyway I used $330 in points to order this for free today:)
Yep, can't bad mouth in Hollywood or you can't play ball. Pablo can go suck a fat one. He is a traitor to SW like many there. Favreau and Edwards are the only ones that delivered good SW.

Good purchase. I will be getting this as well.

Even though I have the two ROTJ Luke figures, I still have my pre-order in for this one as well. All the show-accurate updates easily pulled me in, and obviously that spectacular sequence in the show was everything. Love all the gloved hands that are finally included. Updated costume and head sculpt are on point. Wish it were coming sooner but I also have a black wired cloak from Unreal Toys that’s holding me over till this releases.

I know it’s not this figure, but here’s my first YouTube action figure video using the Endor Deluxe Version with the Unreal black cloak. Went for full on Mandalorian style scenes. I think it gives an idea of what this one would look like. I’m new to this so I hope you guys are willing to check it out!

Half way through watching the 'Making of Season 2 Finale' episode, I stopped and opened up the final episode of The Mandalorian again.

I skipped to the moment when Luke walks through the door onto the bridge. As he pulls his hood back the music changes.

Then Mando is asking, almost with nervousness or awe in his voice, "Are you a Jedi?"

"I am."

It gets me every time.

The DX23 is more than just a figure that's similar to ROTJ Luke. It represents a special event in Star Wars history.

Half way through watching the 'Making of Season 2 Finale' episode, I stopped and opened up the final episode of The Mandalorian again.

I skipped to the moment when Luke walks through the door onto the bridge. As he pulls his hood back the music changes.

Then Mando is asking, almost with nervousness or awe in his voice, "Are you a Jedi?"

"I am."

It gets me every time.

The DX23 is more than just a figure that's similar to ROTJ Luke. It represents a special event in Star Wars history.
That's what SW is to me - mystery, mysticism, heroism. Love it.

"I am."

It gets me every time.

It was a magical Star Wars moment that we all thought had been stolen away in the night by Kennedy and her minions but then realized covertly on screen by a brilliant filmmaker who is clearly a true fan of the franchise.

It was a magical Star Wars moment that we all thought had been stolen away in the night by Kennedy and her minions but then realized covertly on screen by a brilliant filmmaker who is clearly a true fan of the franchise.

Why do you think Kathleen Kennedy didn't just nix Luke from the plot altogether? Wouldn't she have put Ahsoka or Leia in that spot?

Why do you think Kathleen Kennedy didn't just nix Luke from the plot altogether? Wouldn't she have put Ahsoka or Leia in that spot?

Did she even know that they were putting Luke in? Clearly none of those story group idiots in her camp knew. Even if she did I'm not sure she has authority to nix Favreau's creative decisions on the show.

Did she even know that they were putting Luke in? Clearly none of those story group idiots in her camp knew. Even if she did I'm not sure she has authority to nix Favreau's creative decisions on the show.

In the latest Disney Gallery, Favreau said he let her know the plan early on.

Why would she not have the authority to nix Favreau's decisions?

Back