1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is about exclusives is that they always sell for higher and easier aftermarket, no matter how pointless they are.
If that's your goal. I just buy something because I like it. I don't really consider aftermarket prices. There are better ways to invest money.

do you guys think the exclusive (just the hologram and that base holding it right?) is worth the tax and shipping from Sideshow?

debating whether or not to get that or go for the no tax/free shipping option elsewhere lol; I don't really know if I would display it at all, I actually can't remember him having it in the finale

I just preordered the special edition deluxe. I had a coupon and some rewards that mostly covered the extra $45 for the deluxe.

At least this DX DX comes with everything, unlike Ahsoka where the Deluxe DX doesn't include the base+backdrop of the normal version.

This is what I was afraid of ... they would actually try and match the CGI Luke head, instead of making it look like ROTJ Luke. It ends looking less like who it's supposed to look like in the first place.
It's a bit like Mando Biker Scout - the armor used on-set was supposed to match ROTJ armor, but wasn't quite accurate. So with Luke the CGI was supposed to match ROTJ Luke but wasn't quite accurate.

So same with other characters like Mando Tuskens, HT goes super-accurate and precisely matches what was onscreen and you end up with an OT character that is gorgeously detailed but oh-so-slightly wonky.

It's interesting HT can get THAT accurate even if it's not exactly the best outcome. :lol

Honestly if I had one complaint about this figure it would be about the Grogu figure, whose hard plastic body doesn’t lend itself well to believable holding poses. Easily the weakest part of an otherwise very photorealistic looking set.
1627940686927.jpeg

Yeah, it wasn’t my goal to make the hair quite so long and shaggy, just make it a little less matted to his head, but this was about as close as I could get!
Well I was a fan of SW in marvel comics if it helps :waveand like I thought the use of having the movable eyes will really help capture the likeness of Hamill as Jedi Luke . The only problem I have with this proto is the hair ..now granted..his hair was off with the CG used in the episode but your tweak shows that the hair being more fluent makes a huge difference with the use of his moving his eyes

Hmmm $330 or $285. Just don’t know if after a few pics if I’ll use that dark trooper. I see my display having him in between the backdrop. Oh well plenty of time to decide

do you guys think the exclusive (just the hologram and that base holding it right?) is worth the tax and shipping from Sideshow?

debating whether or not to get that or go for the no tax/free shipping option elsewhere lol; I don't really know if I would display it at all, I actually can't remember him having it in the finale

No, especially since it's not something Luke ever used.

It's a bit like Mando Biker Scout - the armor used on-set was supposed to match ROTJ armor, but wasn't quite accurate. So with Luke the CGI was supposed to match ROTJ Luke but wasn't quite accurate.

So same with other characters like Mando Tuskens, HT goes super-accurate and precisely matches what was onscreen and you end up with an OT character that is gorgeously detailed but oh-so-slightly wonky.

It's interesting HT can get THAT accurate even if it's not exactly the best outcome. :lol

Are you saying they just accidentally had that armor like that and wasn't supposed to look random/put together like it was?

Honestly if I had one complaint about this figure it would be about the Grogu figure, whose hard plastic body doesn’t lend itself well to believable holding poses. Easily the weakest part of an otherwise very photorealistic looking set. View attachment 533329

Yeah I was thinking it would be great if they had a Grogu with hands molded to it so it looks better than this. Or if they had a magnetic swap out bottom of the figure somehow to make it not look all flat.

Yes, it comes with the holoprojector.

No, he didn't have it. Mando and friends use a hologram of the light cruiser when planning the rescue.

Whether it's worth it or not is entirely up to you. Some folks absolutely do not care about special edition bonus accessories, other folks do. If you feel it's better to have it then not, then you should get it rather than regret it.

If you would forget about it by the time you get the figure, then order it elsewhere to save some money.

From experience, it is a little easier selling the special/exclusive version of a figure, but most people aren't buying these with the intention to sell.

Are you saying they just accidentally had that armor like that and wasn't supposed to look random/put together like it was?
I mean the accuracy of the armor pieces themselves, not how/where they are worn.

It's cosplayer armor that was supposed to be a match to ROTJ yet was somewhat inaccurate. Then because they used those cosplayer outfits in Mando, those inaccuracies have become "canon."

And it's even worse than that - as I've pointed out in those threads, HT has then gone on to use those inaccurate parts for ROTJ versions of the Scout and bike. So because some ROTJ cosplayers got things a little wrong, I get a slightly inaccurate HT ROTJ scout/bike.:slap:lol
Creepy CGI Hamill as Kylo Ren.
Looks a bit more ROTS Anakin to me - dear ol' dad in his prime. :lol

Screen grab of that youtube video of the actual prototype on display...

SoIhY06.png

Back