1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These will look great together:

Batman&Joker.JPG

I'm so glad they didn't go with the sick Joker. Dang, every time I see this figure it makes me smile because of how good it is. :lol It's a dream come true.

It really is. I had counted HT out of the Arkham license with AC Bats appearing to not have sold particularly well, and never thought the Joker prototype they teased in 2012 would ever come to fruition.

Funny how then, in 2017, I have the same problem I did before: I need someone to pair with my old AC Bats as I will be putting the upcoming AK Bats with this Joker. That's why I hope HT releases at least one more Arkham figure. Ideally, I would love to have AK Scarecrow alongside AK Bats, and AA Joker with AC Bats. If HT would do that, I would be in Bat-nirvana.

So, I'm curious. Assuming they did make an Asylum Batman to go with this, which villains would best fit with the City and Knight Batmen? AK is the namesake of that game, but, honestly, I think it was The Scarecrow's show. AC is a bit more complicated in terms of pinning down who "the" villain is. Joker? Strange, Ra's?

I say

AA - Joker

AC- Joker

AK - Scarecrow

Re: Hot Toys - VGM - Batman: Arkham Asylum: The Joker Collectible Figure

Sigh. Im gonna be broke this year already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say

AA - Joker

AC- Joker

AK - Scarecrow

I have no doubt they do a Sick Joker from either AC or AK. They just need a new headsculpt, darken the outfit a bit, and maybe some accessories (maybe do Scarface then?). Its a pretty simple variant, likely a con or limited exclusive would be the best place for it.

Beyond another Joker and things get crazy. Do you focus on the other 'main' bad guys of the game (Scarecrow, Arkham Knight, Strange, Ra's)? A Harley to go with Joker? Catwoman as a good/bad guy combo? Mr. Freeze, Croc, Bane, Grundy, or Clayface to just show off how crazy HT can be?

I have to admit I'm surprised none of the figures up to this point have had a Riddler trophy. Seems like an obvious thing to throw in since they were so plentiful in the game :lol

My guess is if we get more Arkham figures that aren't either Batman or Joker we might get a Harley. I don't know that Hot Toys will go too deep into the line even though there are a lot of characters to pick from. Maybe Arkham Knight since he kind of has a Batman look and it'd probably sell decently. The others I would think are long shots.

I have no doubt they do a Sick Joker from either AC or AK. They just need a new headsculpt, darken the outfit a bit, and maybe some accessories (maybe do Scarface then?). Its a pretty simple variant, likely a con or limited exclusive would be the best place for it.

Beyond another Joker and things get crazy. Do you focus on the other 'main' bad guys of the game (Scarecrow, Arkham Knight, Strange, Ra's)? A Harley to go with Joker? Catwoman as a good/bad guy combo? Mr. Freeze, Croc, Bane, Grundy, or Clayface to just show off how crazy HT can be?

I have to admit I'm surprised none of the figures up to this point have had a Riddler trophy. Seems like an obvious thing to throw in since they were so plentiful in the game :lol

I wouldn't mind if they did the same thing as Bats' respirator being packed in with Deadshot and included some accessories for this, as this "clean" Joker can easily pass for "Joker" in AC. So, maybe the baseball bat and the sword. Honestly, though, if they did sick Joker, I almost thought his wheelchair/oxygen tank combo would make for an awesome accessory.

Realistically speaking, I'm not expecting HT to release any other figures from the games, but it's fun to speculate :)

I feel like we'll get an Arkham Knight. It's a perfect blend of their love of Batman and their love of Iron Manesque offerings.

arkham.jpg

I feel like we'll get an Arkham Knight. It's a perfect blend of their love of Batman and their love of Iron Manesque offerings.

View attachment 316322

And Red Hood too. I doubt they would make one figure with interchangeable heads and armor plates like DC Collectibles did. They'd do the Prime 1 route with him, perhaps make one of the 2 an EX, so collectors are most likely to double-dip on Jason.

EDIT: Yeah Prime1 added swap-out Red HOod parts as an EX to their AK, but they released a full Red Hood figure as well.

These announcements got me to play AK again last night. Got my butt kicked since I haven't played in a while. I'm only 29% of the way through so still plenty of fun ahead.

I would like to see a Catwoman. AC or AK is fine. Azrael and Freeze could be great figures. Batgirl would be nice but may be too much of a minor character in the game.

I'd like to see what HT would do for the Arkham Knight's helmet. I could see them doing a regular version as well as a deluxe version that allows you to convert it to the alternate character. Someone wanting to display both would need to buy two.

So, no chance of any more coupon codes from SSC? If only HT had put these up a week earlier, when I still had $30 off.:lol Hell, had I known this was coming so soon, I'd have used it on Batman and my RP on this, but that would make me clairvoyant and I wouldn't be so caught up in worrying about a $30 price difference because I'd be more focused on predicting tomorrow's lottery numbers. Ah, well, **** it. I'll order it.:lol

Back