1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would something similar work for Golden Age Cap, I wonder? It is my favorite Cap outfit by far, and I might actually invest in one if I could improve the body and maybe use a different head. I’d rather not have to retailor the outfit if I can help it.

I am keeping an eye on Sideshow for this stealth reissue. CA: Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel movie by a wide margin, would be nice to finally have this.
Putting GA Cap on a larger body wouldn’t work. I’ve tried and could not for the life of me get the back to zip nor the pants to close.

Here was my formula and I’m pretty happy with the results.
  1. Remove the extra foam inside the shirt shoulders/sleeves
  2. Replace body with Endgame Cap or Infinity War Cap body (either will work). Don’t use the 2012 EG Cap unless you remove the foam padding that are lightly glued on the shoulders of that body. Keep the padded “underwear” from the original body and use on the new body. You'll probably need to use shorter ankle pegs rather than the longer ones as the newer Cap bodies are taller.
  3. Sew the shirt collar to the “vest” area so that it doesn’t sink down
  4. Lowered the snaps at the back so that the “vest” sits tighter on the traps.
  5. Once I had the shirt on and zipped, I sewed a piece of elastic through the center /crotch area front to back to keep the shirt taut so it wouldn’t ride up.
  6. My belt was off center, so I removed and replaced the belt snaps to get it centered
That’s everything I’ve done and I’m quite happy with the results. It’s not perfect but better than it was. And the head looks properly sized now unlike before when it looked a little pinheaded (ironic considering the discussion on the previous page :LOL: ). I am still thinking of removing the larger thigh enhancers so that the pants won’t look/fit so tight. I do wish all these custom artists would stop focusing on EG cap headsculpts and do headsculpts for figures that actually need a new one like FA and GA Cap.

Last edited:
We like what we like. I don’t think anyone is wrong, just a matter of preference. I have all the Cap headsculpts aside from FA and AOU (though AoU is pretty much the same as Stealth suit and Battling CW). Having tried all those on the EG figure, I still prefer the original EG head over the others.

For me, the other heads look too big on the EG figure. In the picture above showing the original stealth figure next to the new, the original head even looks a little too big for the body that it’s on imo. And the Concept Cap figure has bigger arms and shoulders than any other Cap figure, so it also helps compensate for the larger and longer headsculpt.

And then, when you consider that ppl were using the MoS body on their Cap figures (which is one of HT largest bodies) and the headsculpts looked just fine on said body, tell you that the original heads were too big for the bodies they came with imo
I had the same thoughts in the EG Cap thread when I got mine in. I really do like the likeness on the original Stealth helmeted head sculpt more, but the EG head sculpt seems to scale better (not great, but better) than the larger Stealth head sculpt. The two are on opposite sides of the "correct" size, so it's pretty subjective which is better.

And I'd need to check again, but from what I recall from my initial unboxing, the FA head is about the same size as the EG head.

I never liked Justin's reviews he just has the same lines, and it gets old after a while. Plus he's going to sell the figure right after so his "this is my personal copy so I won't push the articulation" is BS. Only thing this review did was make me not want the figure, cause the lack of hands, and the sleeves still not being made correctly to stay fitted into the wrist. You think they would have done the same thing as they did with Endgame Cap's sleeves. Especially since apparently this suit material is better then that figures.

I never liked Justin's reviews he just has the same lines, and it gets old after a while. Plus he's going to sell the figure right after so his "this is my personal copy so I won't push the articulation" is BS. Only thing this review did was make me not want the figure, cause the lack of hands, and the sleeves still not being made correctly to stay fitted into the wrist. You think they would have done the same thing as they did with Endgame Cap's sleeves. Especially since apparently this suit material is better then that figures.
literally half his video's entire script is repeated over and over again for every video you can just memorize what he'll say lol

I agree with everything you said. The sleeves not being long enough to stay tucked in does suck. It is interesting that this is supposedly screenprinted fabric rather than the vinyl-y fabric they used for IW and EG Cap. But I will say, his review made me want the figure less. And I was actually super hype for this thing.

I don't like his reviews either, especially his weird changing of the Australian accent, but it is the only review of the figure,

I agree with everything you said. The sleeves not being long enough to stay tucked in does suck. It is interesting that this is supposedly screenprinted fabric rather than the vinyl-y fabric they used for IW and EG Cap. But I will say, his review made me want the figure less. And I was actually super hype for this thing.
Exactly to me this really blows because I wanted this new updated version of the suit. And it makes it worse that it hasn't been posted for preorder on Sideshow so I'll probably stick to my EG Cap. I do hope we get a new version of his suit from AOU to me that one was close to being a classic design minus the scales.

Right, every time he does that it reminds me of an outback steakhouse commercial. Lmao
I've not heard an Outback Steakhouse commercial as we don't have them in Australia, but to me he sounds like he has a stick up his arse. I also hate the clicking of the fingers when he transitions between shots.
That said, he has more subscribers than all the other 1/6 figure channels combined, so it seems most disagree with me.

I've not heard an Outback Steakhouse commercial as we don't have them in Australia, but to me he sounds like he has a stick up his arse. I also hate the clicking of the fingers when he transitions between shots.
That said, he has more subscribers than all the other 1/6 figure channels combined, so it seems most disagree with me.
Ah ok yeah it's a restaurant chain in the US that is supposed to be "Australian" foods decent, but it can't beat actual food from the country. I agree with you, he's gotten annoying over time he also acts like HT owes him in some way and if he disapproves of their actions they need to do better. The entitlement is overwhelming. Smh

Ah ok yeah it's a restaurant chain in the US that is supposed to be "Australian" foods decent, but it can't beat actual food from the country. I agree with you, he's gotten annoying over time he also acts like HT owes him in some way and if he disapproves of their actions they need to do better. The entitlement is overwhelming. Smh
The one time I had Outback Steakhouse was in Seoul of all places. It wasn't bad, but the names are nonsensical to an Aussie.

Exactly to me this really blows because I wanted this new updated version of the suit. And it makes it worse that it hasn't been posted for preorder on Sideshow so I'll probably stick to my EG Cap. I do hope we get a new version of his suit from AOU to me that one was close to being a classic design minus the scales.
Same. I sorta need to know if we're actually going to get this in the US. I'm selling about half my collection to a local shop and they're policy is like the more you sell to them the greater the percentage of worth you get. So, I'll put in the whole two pack to them if it's not getting a release as I see no use for the Steve Rogers figure alone. But if we do get a US release, I want to keep the Steve Rogers figure and the blue shield then I'll sell the original stealth suit on eBay. While I'm not as hyped as I was before, I probably still wouldn't pass it up altogether.

Same with the Iron Man Mk46 - I need to know as I've already purchased a parted out Tony head and neckpiece from the original to place with the reissue. I had a feeling the few that were on eBay would go quick once word got out and looks like you can't really find the neckpiece anymore and the Tony head is going for like $150 or something like that.
Yea, his entitlement is ugh. Once he started arguing with me when I would correct him in the comments and then delete my comments, I unsubscribed and only watch his videos if he's the only one up (like this for instance). I'm tempted to thumbs down all his videos but idk if that can you "banned" from YouTube :lol
The one time I had Outback Steakhouse was in Seoul of all places. It wasn't bad, but the names are nonsensical to an Aussie.
You mean you Aussie's don't regularly eat a "Bloomin' Onion"?? :LOL:

Same. I sorta need to know if we're actually going to get this in the US. I'm selling about half my collection to a local shop and they're policy is like the more you sell to them the greater the percentage of worth you get. So, I'll put in the whole two pack to them if it's not getting a release as I see no use for the Steve Rogers figure alone. But if we do get a US release, I want to keep the Steve Rogers figure and the blue shield then I'll sell the original stealth suit on eBay. While I'm not as hyped as I was before, I probably still wouldn't pass it up altogether.

Same with the Iron Man Mk46 - I need to know as I've already purchased a parted out Tony head and neckpiece from the original to place with the reissue. I had a feeling the few that were on eBay would go quick once word got out and looks like you can't really find the neckpiece anymore and the Tony head is going for like $150 or something like that.

Yea, his entitlement is ugh. Once he started arguing with me when I would correct him in the comments and then delete my comments, I unsubscribed and only watch his videos if he's the only one up (like this for instance). I'm tempted to thumbs down all his videos but idk if that can you "banned" from YouTube :lol

I definitely will also still get it just because I couldn't pass it up myself but the only way I would is if it never gets released in the US. Also it seems most Endgame figures have stayed in limbo and haven't sold out, I have time to buy Thor, Iron Man and Thanos but I really only care for one definitive version of each. I liked IM Civil War and IM 1 armor more then I did for his IW/EG one's though I'm not opposed to those either.

Haha, I mean I eat onions sometimes, but I don't think I've ever said "bloomin'" seriously in my life.

I actually pre-ordered this from Toys Wonderland at the original price (before they increased it) as this is THE Cap for me. When I saw Justin's review, I emailed them and asked them when I can expect mine and they advised they will receive Cap in early September. Let's see what happens...

I definitely will also still get it just because I couldn't pass it up myself but the only way I would is if it never gets released in the US. Also it seems most Endgame figures have stayed in limbo and haven't sold out, I have time to buy Thor, Iron Man and Thanos but I really only care for one definitive version of each. I liked IM Civil War and IM 1 armor more then I did for his IW/EG one's though I'm not opposed to those either.
I definitely try to have the one definitive version of the character but I end up failing :lol I got EG Cap thinking that would be my one and only Cap, then I got CW, GA and Stealth Cap 2-pack :slap But like you, I'd take a 2.0 of AoU Cap. I'd probably even go for a CW 2.0.

Same thing with IM. I got the MK6, then the MK4 and Mk7 with the Mk3 on PO. I wouldn't have the 85 (sold my stock one) but Morgan's workshop still had my customized one after the blunder with TW, so I paid him directly and should have it sometime next week. The cool thing about that one is it has the entire LEDs redone as well as LEDs in the refocusor now with the ability to turn off and on with a remote, so no more tiny batteries, removing panels and flipping switches. It's not my favorite armor, but I think it will be quite cool looking especially being able to now easily turn on all the LEDs. Would love to get the same thing done for the MK46 since that is one of my favorite armors if Sideshow ever puts it up for PO.

Last edited:
Sheesh! All this cattiness about Justin. I suspect jealousy is behind a lot of it. His reviews are repetitive and predictable and that's why I watch them. I know I will get a solid review of the figure with appropriate comparisons. He points out the good and the bad. He calls out the company on stuff they could do better, and why not? They're watching too!

I have made purchase decisions based on his reviews and he hasn't been wrong yet. I'll keep watching.

Back