1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Thanks dwing! I don't mind the BC head, but my wife hates it. It could do for a good repaint, but the mouth and eyes are a bit small.

I really need to start using my airbrush when painting the base coats for these paint ups, but I'm too lazy to get it out of the garage.
I've touched up the Amy head a bit more and added a bit more detail and this pic shows off the paint a bit more than the previous. The light was washing out the colors in those.
amy-close.jpg

And here it is side by side to roughly what I was going for:
Amy-comp6.jpg
mouth should be a bit smaller like I said before
and possibly chin a bit longer

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

RiggsMcClane - I was playing around with texturing small scale and this instance was with stippling via primer. I didn't care for it with female sculpts, but I'll be using it with my future male sculptures.

Ah, so at that scale a coat of primer leaves behind the texture. Very nice!

Ah, so at that scale a coat of primer leaves behind the texture. Very nice!

I used an almost empty can of primer so it had more of a sputter, but I think I also tried spraying a normal can at a farther distance to get a similar effect. Just trial and error, but I think I did a second normal coat to smooth out the finish a bit.

My co-worker and fellow geek sidetracked me with another project, so I'm working on a non related Doctor Who project.
I just started this evening, but hopefully you can tell who it's going to be (of course the hair will be more of a jerry curl, but I had to sculpt quick hair to see how the face was coming along).
2.jpg

If this is going to be Ian Malcolm I will kiss you on the mouth.

Close, Seth Brundle :D
It could be converted quite easily when I'm done ;)
Wow, I'm glad it's recognizable this early in the sculpt. Still lots of refining to do.

1COMP.jpg

Last edited:

I have wanted a Malcolm and Grant since I got into this hobby. JP is my favorite movie ever and I even made my Dodge Nitro look like the JP Jeeps. I would go crazy if you converted it into Malcolm! :panic:

You've definitely sculpted Goldblum, that's for sure. Great job!

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Thanks RiggsMcClane and meerkat!

Can't wait to see your build meerkat and I'm so happy to know you like the sculpt!
View attachment 157926View attachment 157927View attachment 157928View attachment 157929

Hi Vash I think I've finally got my Eccleston Dr done at last! Hopefully the pictures will show up here (but I'm new to this so please forgive me if they don't) I've put him alongside Matt and David and I think he fits in very well! Once again I would like to thank you for making this happen as Eccleston has been my favorite Dr so far but I also like the others too but for different reasons, also glimpsed in the pics is my aforementioned unfinished Tardis build that will be finished later ( I work very Slowly!) I have just ordered a new cabinet in the sales to house them alongside my Cybermen, Dalek, Slitheen, Clockwork robot and my recently pre-ordered Capaldi Dr also I hope to custom build/kitbash an older brigadier figure to join them some day.... but after all this I really think my display is going to need some girls, maybe a Rose or a Clara or maybe an Amy? Now that you have made such definitive sculpts of them, I love your build of Amy and Rose and I hope you make them available, especially Clara when they are done.

Thanks Mudblood and hopefully I can help you out with Malcolm in the future.
Tekkaman Blade - I may need one of those for my future Telepod ;)
meerkat- Looking forward to seeing those pics when you get the links to work. I'm excited to see how your 9th turned out and how he looks with the other Doctors.
I'll definitely get the female sculpts up to par and offer them, but at the moment I'm enjoying moving on with new sculpts.

Speaking of new sculpts, here's where I'm at with Brundle:
3.jpg

Not doing the wide crazy eyes, but this looked like a good side by side comparison:
2COMP.jpg

Lot's more refining to do, but I think it's getting there and fairly quickly as this is only my second sitting with the sculpt.

Last edited:

Eyes need to be adjusted, but overall Brundle's coming along nicely. :clap

Eyes need to be adjusted, but overall Brundle's coming along nicely. :clap
Thanks! Yes, I'm still working on getting the eyes right, but here is an updated shot:
5.jpg

Still a few more tweaks to do and then I can get back to detailing the hair.

I made a new thread for this sculpt here so as not to derail my own Doctor Who thread ;)
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...le-jeff-goldblum-head-sculpt.html#post7471074

Last edited:

Just spotted this thread - nice work all around! I think you really did an amazing job on Amy.

that Goldblum looks excellent

Didn't have time to sculpt a Doctor Who character this weekend, so just in case folks aren't following the Seth Brundle thread, here's an update of the WIP:
6.jpg

That looks so good!

I just stumbled onto this thread last night and ordered your 2 cast you offered. I enjoyed the last 26 pages and will be following this thread. I just wanted to tell you that i think you sculpts are amazing and I'm interested in seeing more of you work

Back