1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond WIP - 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

Yes, harder to get Amy with her softer features. Rose has more angels/sharper edges, but I do see Amy there. Great work.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond WIP - 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

Amy looks good so far but I think her chin need to be flatter and less round,also her nose needs the little cartilage bump's on the tip.And the lips thinner on both sides,she has kind of pouty lips.

Totally agree and I've changed the bottom lip to be more pouty, the top lip to curve a bit more and slightly flattened the chin. I'll do more work on the cast once the mold is done.
Thanks SirGor!

It's been a good learning experience doing these, but I still have not purchased the proper density clay, I've been using soft Roma Plastilina clay which is a chore and a half to work with with heads this small. Good practice in patience though :thud:

Yes, harder to get Amy with her softer features. Rose has more angels/sharper edges, but I do see Amy there. Great work.

Yeah, female sculpts are very tricky since they are achieved with subtlety. Took me a while to get the hang of it with 1:1 scale, so I know I've got some learning to do with 1:6. She looks more like Amy in person, but again, I'm hoping to nail the likeness once I start sculpting hair. There was a reason I sculpted her bald first though ;)

OK, while I wait, lets get a poll going as to which sculpt folks would like me to attempt sculpting next:
  • Strax - 2 votes
  • River Song - 3 votes
  • Clara Oswald - 6 votes
  • Rory Williams
  • Young Amelia Pond
  • Captain Jack Harkness - 3 votes
  • 8th Doctor Mcgann - 1 vote

Possibly 10th and 11th as well, but we'll see about those next time.

Last edited:

Strax - 2 votes( Would be interested but not high on my list)
River Song (Interested)
Clara Oswald - 1 vote (Interested I Need a companion for 12)
Rory Williams(Would be interested)
Young Amelia Pond(Not high on my list)
Captain Jack Harkness - 1 vote(Got this one already but good for those who don't)
8th Doctor Mcgann (High On my List) (Also would love a Good 7th)

Glad your enjoying doing these, that's the main thing, when you stop enjoying something, it just isn't fun anymore.

Clara then Jack.

Updated the list with the interests and I only took the one you were more interested in seeing Tekkaman Blade ;)
Keep the votes coming :D

It's funny how hair and a couple of slight tweaks can make such a big difference in likeness. I'm waiting on getting more of the hair blocked in before priming it to get an even color, but I can see Amy even more now in the sculpt. I photoshopped some eyebrows just so I can see the likeness a bit more and darkened the clay on the face a bit so it won't be too distracting:
AMY5.jpg

Last edited:

^ Looking good!! :rock

As for the vote - I'd like to see you sculpt Captain Jack next.

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd, I'll add your vote for Captain Jack.

I got impatient and sprayed primer to see how she's looking so far. Still need to smooth and clean up a few things, but I think the face is getting closer to being done.
AMY6.jpg

Amy looks good It's hard to tell if you put the little cartilage bump's on the tip of her nose or not. I think that the bridge of the nose needs to be thinner too.I like to see Clara Oswald next.

Amy looks good It's hard to tell if you put the little cartilage bump's on the tip of her nose or not. I think that the bridge of the nose needs to be thinner too.I like to see Clara Oswald next.

It's there, but its slight and true about the bridge, I'll thin it down a bit more.
That's another for Clara for the lead so far.

I want to vote for Captain Jack just to create a tie, but I'd really like to see you try to sculpt River (and all her crazy hair). Either way, it's still fun to see the work in progress here.

I want to vote for Captain Jack just to create a tie, but I'd really like to see you try to sculpt River (and all her crazy hair). Either way, it's still fun to see the work in progress here.

Thanks for following the thread skizzoid!
Got your vote for River. I'm glad too since she will be fun to sculpt, a challenge, but fun.

Ooh yes that Amy is seriously coming to life. The hair is beautiful.

In regards to future projects, I think Strax and River would be fantastic to see.

Well I think Amy is really coming along very well, I too didn't get the BCS one and seeing your improved version I can see why I held back, if I may, I would like to vote for you to try to do Clara next although I would also like to see you do a better version of Peter Capaldi 12th DR, as the one currently on offer seems to lack a bit of facial character with regard to the eyes and eyebrows and his usual intense expression seems to be missing, leaving him looking a bit bland to me. I am quite disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing that one! In short I am looking forward to hopefully seeing a Rose, Clara and Peter - what about a Donna though!!

Clara would have my vote. A body and clothes for Strax would be too much trouble.

Wow, 2 more votes for Clara! She seems to be leading the pack.

meerkat - I'll have to see when my 11th comes in how the Capaldi sculpt looks. Tombaker369 does amazing Capaldi sculpts full of expression.
Donna, however, may not make my list since my wife and I never connected with her as a companion. She is starting to grow on us after seeing her work outside of Whodom.

mouth on Amy should be a little less wide

Back