1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing this built up. The clothes look great with these heads.

IMG_4013.jpg

Got the heads, hope to start painting soon.

I wasn't expecting an explosion of styrofoam when I opened the box up. :lol
The casts came out perfectly and these are amazing in hand. I'll be sending mine to the painter soon.

What can I say, I like a little flair with my packaging:fireworks :lol
Glad you like them and I can't wait to see the paintjob on your Doctors.

I wasn't expecting an explosion of styrofoam when I opened the box up. :lol
The casts came out perfectly and these are amazing in hand. I'll be sending mine to the painter soon.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond WIP - 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

I started working on Amy this evening. Still early in the sculpt, but here she is so far:
AMY1.jpg

Not the same angle, but I hope I'm getting close to the likeness:
Amy-comp.jpg

Last edited:

IMG_4013.jpg

Got the heads, hope to start painting soon.

Terror of the Autons 2. These look fantastic ( I had to use that word).
The Rose is shaping up to quite stunning.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond WIP - 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

I started working on Amy this evening. Still early in the sculpt, but here she is so far:
AMY1.jpg

Not the same angle, but I hope I'm getting close to the likeness:
Amy-comp.jpg

Looking GREAT so far, if I may offer a suggestion though, I'd definitely say she could afford to be a tad...erm, rounder. Don't forget her face is pretty much a perfect circle.

Yes good idea to post as your sculpts come along, we can hopefully give ideas for slight tweaks to improve, although they are so good already!
Amy is coming along and looking good, better maybe than BCS's and she is not even finished yet! Love the idea of a smiling DR. I showed these pictures to my wife and I know it is off topic but she said can he do a Julie Newmar or any of the other top 4 from the old series! It may be sacrilege to some but I am not too happy with BCS's Capaldi we feel they have got rid of too many character lines in his face and his hair is too short! I Would also love to see Clara Oswold ... talking of Oswold my wife would like to see the one from Gotham ... sorry I am going off topic again!......looking forward to a totally finished rose <final paint up> but I may still
prefer to have a bald option as all my long haired figures have doll type hair...also sacrilege to most serious collectors!

Please keep up the good work!

Nice work on the clothes. I have used some Ken stuff in the past, works well with some of the smaller bodies.

That Rose looks so great. Would love to see The 10th and Strax.

Wow, thanks for all the comments DVD1, tombaker369, meerkat and dwing!

Tombaker369 - I'll keep working on the shape of her face. I'll lower the height of the forehead as well, which may make a little difference even though she will have hair sculpted on.

meerkat - Great suggestions and I am liking how the Gotham series is coming along. I am planning on reworking Rose to allow for either a new sculpted hairstyle or a wig.

dwing - I should make a list now as to which characters folks are interested in seeing from me. So far 10th and Strax seems to have a couple of votes.

Some painted updates of number 9
Not sure if I like the eyebrows
IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

I love seeing other paint work on these, thanks for sharing Tekkaman Blade! Yeah, I'm still learning how to paint eyebrows as well, but definitely make sure you're happy with them since that sets what expression you want him to have.

My camera was charging but I wanted to post where I was at with Amy, so I apologize for the lousy pic. I still haven't decided on the final expression yet, but just trying to get the likeness for the slight smile for now. I think the face shape is close now though.
Amy-comp2.jpg

Updates on painting

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

Colors in the long view version is more accurate than the close ups for some reason when I try to take close ups things get more yellow.

Those look Great, Tekkaman Blade!
I love seeing your Doctor who pieces together, I need to do a photoshoot with mine like that soon.

A little update on my Amy sculpt:
AMY2.jpg

I'll be thinning down the nose a lot more on my next sitting with the sculpt and also tone down the ridge between the nose and forehead, plus I need to level out the ears.
Still a bit more work to do on her, but I'm glad I'm taking a little more time on this one since I'm still waiting on clothes to come in for her and will have to do some custom work on a few of her pieces.

Last edited:

You can also mod it later into Nebula.

I don't know if it's because her face is so "normal" but I couldn't tell you what needs improvement. Billie has a unique face and it was no question who it was.
I can tell that's supposed to be Karen though. Give us a photoshop paint up. :lol

Been a while since I checked this thread, wow - Bad Wolf/Rose looks awesome - great job!! :rock Amy looks like she's coming along nicely too, you can see the likeness... I have the BCS Amy and while its ok as a figure, your sculpt looks a lot more like her.

Thanks Mudblood and BagginsOfBagEnd!
I think I'm going to cast this as is for now and then sculpt the hair. That way, when I sculpt the hair, I can make any further changes then.
It's just a bit hard to see her as Amy when she's bald.

Amy looks good so far but I think her chin need to be flatter and less round,also her nose needs the little cartilage bump's on the tip.And the lips thinner on both sides,she has kind of pouty lips.

Back