1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project

Such a great prize man, thanks...
giphy.gif

Haha but seriously, Rose is looking really good. I remember having the hugest crush on her when I started watching.
Rose > Clara < Amy.

The clothes for the Moment/Rose will be kinda hard to come by. Is that the outfit you're going for?

The clothes for the Moment/Rose will be kinda hard to come by. Is that the outfit you're going for?

That's what I'm shooting for, but you're right about how it's not going to be easy. I'll be starting my search this weekend and hopefully I can find something so I can be more motivated to continue the sculpt. I already have a body for her and I know some of the pieces I will have to make myself.

I just purchased the majority of the pieces I will use for Rose / Bad Wolf. Hopefully it comes together well when it gets here since I have a few modifications to do on all of the costume parts. I really need to learn to tailor costume pieces myself since it will be easier than hunting for parts, maybe if I wish really hard :D

Not too much progress with the hair yet, but I've been trying to increase the size of her eyes and getting the expression better. Still have some refinement to do with the face, but I'm starting to like it.
BW4.jpg

You've already got a great likeness in my opinion. Keep up the great work! :clap

Thanks Mudblood. I just have a couple of nitpicky things to do with the face. I'm starting to refine the hair now so that when my costume items come in, I can have a head cast to put with it.

By the way, I think I've decided that I'm going to sculpt Amy next to replace the replacement head I have for the Big Chief figure.

I got a few of my pieces in for Bad Wolf that I'll be modifying and quickly threw this together. Pictured is my mock up of the sleeves I will be making to attach to her white shirt. The material looks really close to the real thing, well, as close as I could find :D
costume-1.jpg

Can't wait to see the rest of the outfit!

I picked up 10 and 11's sonics, psychic paper, and exploded TARDIS from Toy Anxiety. I'll use 10's for 9 and 11's for War Doctor. I might end up getting that vinyl figure you were talking about. Got a good bandolier too. I can't find a decent vest so I might have to make my own buttons. Is yours wearing a shirt under the vest and scarf?

Awesome Mudblood, sounds like your War Doctor is coming along well.

As for the vest, it's a pretty simple design. I just took a 1/6 t-shirt and traced it and drew a 1/4" - 1/2" outline for the bottom hem and points to sew. Draw another with an angle for the left side and another for the right (add a bit on the right so it can allow for velcro, then sewed the pieces together.
The buttons, I made from the heads of finishing nails, but I went to Michael's craft store and in the T-shirt area there are some iron on studs that can work as well (it will be in some weird design like an owl with rhinestones, but you will have plenty for a $2 piece). Just make sure that the stud that will hold the ring for the chain to attach to is raised a bit to allow for that.

I don't have a shirt with my first one, but I'm making a faux one for my second attempt at it. Here's a mock up that I was experimenting with:
Newshirt.jpg

It's just sewn on the vest itself. On the real costume his shirt is not really noticeable, so the figure can really pass without one.

Can't wait to see the rest of the outfit!

I picked up 10 and 11's sonics, psychic paper, and exploded TARDIS from Toy Anxiety. I'll use 10's for 9 and 11's for War Doctor. I might end up getting that vinyl figure you were talking about. Got a good bandolier too. I can't find a decent vest so I might have to make my own buttons. Is yours wearing a shirt under the vest and scarf?

OK, got her shirt in today and made a makeshift dress just to see how things are going to work out. Now I just need to make the final alterations and finalize the pieces. Hopefully I get to finish the head soon so I can see how everything works out.
costume.jpg

Great find on all those pieces! She has on boots instead of those sneaker things though.
Can't wait to see Rose finished.

I'm thinking about starting my TARDIS build soon. It looks fun and I went something cool for the Doctors to stand in front of.

Thanks Mudblood! Yeah, those are just some stand ins until I get the proper pair I'm going to be modding.
Just working on the back of Rose's hair at the moment and she'll be ready to mold. I have to stop sculpting soon or else I'll never finish tinkering.
Hopefully I can do version 2s of all these sculptures so I can include more detailing and texture work.

Looking forward to the TARDIS build, I'm hoping to get one soon as well ;)

Back