1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fell in love with this figure thanks to everyone posting their pictures!

Ordered it from manofactionfigures.com with 20% off black friday sale. Cant wait!
Hm... the coupon works but it also says on the product page that "No coupons or discounts can be applied to this item." I was thinking about ordering before I saw that. Can you let me know if it works out for you?

Hm... the coupon works but it also says on the product page that "No coupons or discounts can be applied to this item." I was thinking about ordering before I saw that. Can you let me know if it works out for you?

Yeah I wondered that too before I placed my order. I emailed their customer service and they said its fine, the coupon will work.

I second that....I'm not too fussy about the mini gantry base to begin with. Regardless, im probably in the minority in that I might not put my MK6 with the WM MKI. I think I'll have all 3 WMs together, all 3 IMs I have together (MK3, 6, 43) and have Starboost flying around haha on its own.

We had this discussion earlier where the figure is basically the IM2 version since all of the b/d is taken from that film. Only the base is "Avengers".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Blue lights underneath the chest armor was added in the Avengers, but other than that you're right. All of that Battle Damage is from Whiplash, if I'm not mistaken.

The Mini Gantry is cool, but I would only use that if I were getting that figure on its own. I want a companion piece to my new favorite figure, War Machine.

So I finally took it out of the box last night to give it a good look over. This thing truly is a beast. I do have one question for you other owners, is it just me, or does the figure seem even heavier once it's out of the box? The box with base, etc. adds weight to the overall, but it just seemed heavier out of the box.
Ryan

So I finally took it out of the box last night to give it a good look over. This thing truly is a beast. I do have one question for you other owners, is it just me, or does the figure seem even heavier once it's out of the box? The box with base, etc. adds weight to the overall, but it just seemed heavier out of the box.
Ryan

Probably the perception of size and weight distribution.

* I do agree with you though.

I think the weight is part of why I like it so much. I have the plastic Mark IV and I never loved that figure. It's a great sculpt, but it feels so fragile. I never liked to pose him too much because I was so scared of breaking something. I have the diecast MKIII as well, and while I like it, WM feels so much more sturdy. I can't rave enough about how impressive this figure is.

If the plastic snapped that's probably not manufacturing and more about torque and user. Sorry, but I don't see that being a reason to complain about hot toys quality.

I'm actually incredibly careful with my figures. I guess it was my fault when Han's leather holster arrived torn and his hand was broken in the box or Hulk's pants weren't finished being stitched at the wait. I don't typically "slam" hot toys at all but I'm just pissed at the track record personally. Would I stop buying them? No. Am I gonna stop collecting? No. But I just thought this was a place to talk about that kind of stuff but obviously I'm wrong.

Yes...I think the weight of this guy is something you cannot ignore. Like I said...it makes even my MK43 or yeah the MK3 feel like a plastic figure. I know so many ppl have told me the Diecast adds nothing...you can see weight... but I do feel it makes the figure feel like a WM!

I'm actually incredibly careful with my figures. I guess it was my fault when Han's leather holster arrived torn and his hand was broken in the box or Hulk's pants weren't finished being stitched at the wait. I don't typically "slam" hot toys at all but I'm just pissed at the track record personally. Would I stop buying them? No. Am I gonna stop collecting? No. But I just thought this was a place to talk about that kind of stuff but obviously I'm wrong.

This is the place to talk about it. I think it was the way you worded it. That it broke while you were handling it not broke in the box or anything like that. I usually expect to have to glue something back on with these things. I can understand the frustration when it happens constantly.

This is the place to talk about it. I think it was the way you worded it. That it broke while you were handling it not broke in the box or anything like that. I usually expect to have to glue something back on with these things.

This figure is a MUST READ INSTRUCTIONS figure. Be careful every step of the way. The right shoulder pad swap out is probably the piece to be must careful of.

Okay.. So.. I just attempted to put this figure in the landing pose and wow.. It does it REALLY well. The head/neck articulation is absolutely fantastic for it. The leg extensions and the torso articulation is fantastic.

Okay.. So.. I just attempted to put this figure in the landing pose and wow.. It does it REALLY well. The head/neck articulation is absolutely fantastic for it. The leg extensions and the torso articulation is fantastic.

Yes! I never tried it because I just know I wouldn't keep him in that position and didn't want to risk it. But for such a massive, heavy, armed figure....articulates like a breeze.

Post a pic if you can.

This figure is a MUST READ INSTRUCTIONS figure. Be careful every step of the way. The right shoulder pad swap out is probably the piece to be must careful of.

And I agreee with you 100%. The very first thing that anyone with every figure should do is read the instructions. And especially Iron Man figures.

Quick shot on my coffee table.

image_zpswgnigmrp.jpg

Well, my first impression was 'you must handle your stuff too roughly'. I've never had anything arrived broken out of 50 figures so far. The worse is a part that pops off and I had to re-glue.

You just appear to have a bad stretch of luck. Post a pic of the damage maybe...might be a good lesson/warning for others.

Back