1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome for you Iron Man collectors. looks a step up from the original. Price is a bit steep but looks great.

I can't believe anyone is surprised at this price? I thought this was gonna be 340-350 with a standard base and no battle damaged armor. So for 359 with a diorama base and Rhodey sculpt and regular and battle damaged armor and mini gun, this is a pleasant surprise for me!!!
Hmm, I wouldn't say surprised and honestly, thinking about other $360+ releases (ED-209, Tamashii 3PO, Iron Whiplash -- all of which I bought full price), I'd say it compares favourably. Main thing for me when it comes to day one pre-orders is that all of those releases have ended-up being discounted. I am kinda tired of seeing stuff I paid full price for $50+ less before or shortly after the figure's started shipping.

not only is it the cost of these new figures thats a problem, but also the effect the reissuing has on the price of the original ones. what were once valuable high end collectibles are decimated by the re issues. its just one big kick in the balls.

Just wait til the Mark VI all you folks want is out and costs $375.
*coughs* Mark IV *coughs*

Anyway, they can list at any price they want. My call whether to pay it or wait.

not only is it the cost of these new figures thats a problem, but also the effect the reissuing has on the price of the original ones. what were once valuable high end collectibles are decimated by the re issues. its just one big kick in the balls.
Personally I'm OK with it. I have no desire to sell my WM SV, for example, and if I did, that's just the speculative nature of the hobby. The price inconsistency even between a pre-order and release is a bit annoying, let alone aftermarket, but in the end we've decided to gamble that the art/nostalgia is worth it. Even with this pre-order, though, I'm betting one will still be able to break even on the original WM and SV, if not do a little better (assuming one bought at retail).

Last edited:
Well thankfull 4 rewards to use on this bad a$$ i skipped the war machine too many time's. I need for my avengers display and love the machine gun cannon look on this one and sucker 4 cool display stand is a bonus.

I only just noticed the cannon cut in half now and have to say that is a pretty awesome display option. A lot of times BD pieces like that are skimped. Getting drawn more and more to this figure but will hold out for a deal, dammit! :lol

The BD option and updated paint job sells this figure for me, not its being diecast. Price is unsurprising yet still too much, that IMO those with the first release need not buy this as the original is one of the best IM figures from HT that it doesn't really look outdated even next to the latest releases.

Price really hurts my fellow collectors here in Manila, given the multi-year low of our currency vs USD. War Machine DC's $360 ended up just $100 shy of QS Mark 43's $540 SRP early this year. I think it's a good time to take advantage of the first release going south of $200. Me, I'm out with Marvel 1/6 and focusing on DC and more statues. But I had to sell my WM1.0 for a big loss no thanks to this diecast release.

It's only $10-$15 than the HT Optimus Prime. You did seem to be ok with that.

How's this different?

Nope that's incorrect. I never said I was OK with the $349 price. I paid $275. Which I stated on a couple occasions in that thread thats what the price should have been in my opinion for the exclusive. So this is no different. If this was at the same price point of about $275 it would be worth it to me the same as the Prime cost me.

Well i can't say no to the OG WM, just too cool and comic suit realized in live action. I will have to use rp on though when the time comes, 360$ sucks. It almost makes getting IW worth it now once they release the inevitable mk6 diecast. Will have to save up more rp but fortunately this comes out late next yr.

Yeah it is pretty crazy that this cost almost as much as hulk deluxe. Hell i was really uncomfortable paying what i did for the mk43, but i softened it with discount.

Well..... so much for getting this. I rather get another statue for $50 to $100 more than this thing that will be discounted 20% off six months from its release date. Maybe I will pick up as a birthday present to myself in 2017. :lol:lol

Back