1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to convince myself not to get this since I have the aou WM. Not working at all. :lol

Yep POing this one, it's a definite improvement over the first Mk1 but was hoping for better articulation. Looks like they threw in double-jointed knees and the improved Cheadle HS is a much welcomed addition. I'm disappointed they didn't find a way to improve the leg articulation so the fig can do a kneeling pose. Also hard to tell if they included double-jointed elbows so he can do the salute pose, I'm guessing not since they didn't show him pose that way. The BD parts don't do anything for me, I probably won't end up ever using them.

Wow these photos look great, i forgot how thick he was in IM2. This figure with MK6 IM will be grails for me.

12362667_10153197331642344_260841433104771875_o.jpg
wm.jpeg

That's how War Machine should look, like a walking tank. The AoU version is a great looking figure but I'll gladly upgrade.

Just sucks I'll no doubt lose money if I sell. I wonder if I'll get more now or if I wait.

Also, if they can revisit past IM movies, I wish they'd do the same with the first Thor. Make King Loki, new Thor and Odin, and Heimdall finally.

Last edited:
Especially IM figures and diecast ones at that. I almost didnt get mk43 but i needed it for my AoU team and it did look good. Also a lot of people dont like IM2 so that could affect this figures sales wise.

Wow, beautiful and came out just as well as I'd hoped. I have the WM2 Special Version (which is still on my shortlist of figures to never sell) but thought the original gun metal colour scheme might be a good companion. Also pleased with the battle damage. Generally I like clean but I could see swiching between looks on this one.

As for price, the $330 - $350 estimate seems spot on. If I do decide to buy, I'll be waiting till the last minute to see if it gets discounted, though, because from what I've seen, the diecast line has not performed that well. WM MK II, AoU WM and Iron Whiplash (along with Iron Patriot, I believe) were/are all discounted and dropped on the secondary market. If there's one exception, I could see it being this as everyone loves the design, but we'll see. I remember MK II going WL a couple times and yet I had to sell at $80 under retail to move it (same seems to be happening with IW), so I'll be patient with this fella.

Yep POing this one, it's a definite improvement over the first Mk1 but was hoping for better articulation. Looks like they threw in double-jointed knees and the improved Cheadle HS is a much welcomed addition. I'm disappointed they didn't find a way to improve the leg articulation so the fig can do a kneeling pose. Also hard to tell if they included double-jointed elbows so he can do the salute pose, I'm guessing not since they didn't show him pose that way. The BD parts don't do anything for me, I probably won't end up ever using them.
It looks like it is double jointed in the elbows but it's hard to tell. When it isn't double jointed, the elbow armor piece doesn't have a visible indent joint shown through the top because the articulation joint is just one joint that's hidden under the armor.
But in the case of a double jointed elbow, you see two joints present in the elbow section. One that's closer to the bicep and another that's next to the forearm.

On the 1/6 Mark 43, which is not double jointed, the red elbow piece is just a solid piece with no indent joints showing.

2015-Hot-Toys-Avengers-2-Iron-Man-Mark-XLIII-Figure.jpg

You can then see in the same place on the 1/4 Mark 43 that there are two indents due to the elbow being double jointed.

005521soz69nu9uac3do9n.jpg

Hard to tell with this figure but there is a visible joint that's not in the center but close to the bicep. The photos doesn't really show if there's another next to the huge forearm armor but if you look at the photo below you can see his left arm is bent at the forearm while the joint next to his bicep is still straight. I'm guessing it is double jointed. Wish they threw in a sculpted salute hand though.

12362667_10153197331642344_260841433104771875_o.jpg

Back