1/6 DID D80166 WWII Wehrmacht Feldgendarmerie - Richard (Oberfeldwebel) + E60072 Road Signs & German Shepherd Accessory Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giantoy has both up for preorder.

Still waiting on Kit. I thought he'd be up by the time I finished the dog collar. :impatient:

100_4300.JPG

100_4306.JPG

In response to the deleted post. The sitting German Shepherd is a mystery.

He was bought from a car boot sale years ago. The markings on him say 'HK' and I've never discovered what company that is.

The standing one is by Leonardo, who are usually of lesser quality to the likes of Border Fine Arts or Country Artists. I have a lot of dogs, and a few cats.

DID have used different wording on their various platforms for the announcement of the accessory set.

On Weibo they described both the dog and base individually as "exquisite", which is probably a tongue in cheek dig at Chinese collectors, who so far have only had one nice thing to say about the accessory set on the BBICN forum: someone said it was good, but they're not buying it.

DID also made a topical 'joke' about the base also being made to represent another particular country. Something they thought would play well at home, but not so much abroad. If what their suggesting happens then we won't be getting our toys or much of anything else for the foreseeable future. :panic:

DID have used different wording on their various platforms for the announcement of the accessory set.

On Weibo they described both the dog and base individually as "exquisite", which is probably a tongue in cheek dig at Chinese collectors, who so far have only had one nice thing to say about the accessory set on the BBICN forum: someone said it was good, but they're not buying it.

DID also made a topical 'joke' about the base also being made to represent another particular country. Something they thought would play well at home, but not so much abroad. If what their suggesting happens then we won't be getting our toys or much of anything else for the foreseeable future. :panic:
I don't get it, so chinese collectors don't like the releases and DiD made a russia joke? why won't we get our army dolls :(

I don't get it, so chinese collector don't like the releases and DiD made a russia joke? why won't we get our army dolls :(

It wasn't Russia. It was the place China's laying claim to, and if they acted on their sabre rattling there'd be global chaos. :panic:

DiD_Corp

yesterday at 09:39
From the iPhone client
edited

#DID新产品上线# E60072 WWII Road Signs Accessory Kit World War II Road Signs Universal Accessory Kit (This accessory kit does not include the doll in the picture)
[Too happy]
Highlights: Exquisite 1/6 German Shepherd, a variety of road signs, exquisite muddy ground A piece of Taiwan
[wink]
is suitable for soldiers with multi-army themes. We chose the new product D80166 as a matching shooting.

☠️

I wasn't happy with the first dog collar so made another one.

100_4325.JPG

100_4324.JPG

100_4326.JPG

If the German Shepherd fails, the Feldgendarmerie has a secret weapon in reserve.

Knöchelbeißer the Wire-Haired Dachshund...

100_4327.JPG

:monkey3

Here's confirmation that the motorcycle combination in the photos was an old model, and that DID have no plans to make one now:

Does Did also release motorcycles?

DID Video

2 hours ago
Thank you so much for the suggestion. We will pass the info to our R&D department and they will study it.

In response to the deleted post. The sitting German Shepherd is a mystery.

He was bought from a car boot sale years ago. The markings on him say 'HK' and I've never discovered what company that is.

The standing one is by Leonardo, who are usually of lesser quality to the likes of Border Fine Arts or Country Artists. I have a lot of dogs, and a few cats.

s-l1600.jpg

Could be a "Daiso Dog"

There's a "dollar store" called Daiso. Back in the day, probably 12 or so years ago, there was a nice wave of figurine dogs that were about 1/6th scale from them. They were static and made out of something porcelain-like. Maybe not quite that, but close in fragility. They were 1.50 each plus tax back then. There was a decent number of them on Ebay for a while IIRC.

I also remember, back in the day, some dog figurines that would work to scale at places like Petco.

I'm not sure if the above photo is a Daiso Dog, but that's about the approximate quality of them. They were great diorama pieces. If you dropped one though, it would probably break on you.

Just some thoughts.

This accessory set video from their Weibo hasn't made it to Youtube yet:

Funny they assembled and weathered him, but left off the collar patches.

My pair took the air yesterday.

Still not sure about the shouting sculpt. I think both his eyes should be narrower to convey yelling. The promo showed his right eye narrowed, and the left wide open)

One of the figure's is definitely going to have the toque pulled over his nose.

The German Shepherd still looks off to me. I don't know why he looks less realistic than their previous dogs.

Back