1/6 DID D80166 WWII Wehrmacht Feldgendarmerie - Richard (Oberfeldwebel) + E60072 Road Signs & German Shepherd Accessory Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figures arrived today, and I've been slowly assembling the first one.

If you've ordered him you're probably going to like him. Sculpt is really well painted, with a distinct five o'clock shadow.

The motorcycle coat feels like it's made from genuine waterproof material, but appropriately thin. Looks pretty realistic once on.

With the first one I've managed to save the tunic and trousers for some future figure. I used a random pair of trousers to bulk up the waist, since you can't see what he's wearing under the coat. I was going to put on a random top to fill out the torso and arms, but found the coat fitted better without it. This also likely made it easier to tuck the toque down into the collar.

The tunic insignia are the regular sticker type, but the helmet badges appear to be water slide decals. The Wound and Sports badges are the pin kind.

The MP41 is metal and possibly wood - if not wood it has a very realistic fine grain.

The belt is a style I don't think I've seen from DID before, unless I've never had the buckle come off one before. There are two metal prongs on the buckle that key into the slimmer of the two belts that pass through it. At first I put the prongs through the second to last holes, thinking it would need to be tighter since he wasn't wearing a tunic. That was fiddly as the prongs move up and down the bar, as well as back and forth.

Fiddlier still was putting the prongs through the last set of holes, because there isn't enough leather to get hold of and bend so the two parts could meet. Got there in the end.

The only negative I've found is that the gripping hand is too open to hold the traffic signal paddle. It drops straight through to rest on the top of his hand. You can get it to work better with the bendy gloved hands, but they always look too big to me.

#1:

100_4792.JPG

100_4795.JPG
100_4796.JPG
100_4797.JPG

Figure #2:

100_4802a.JPG

100_4804a.JPG

This one will be a dog handler.

I wanted to attach the torch to his shoulder strap button as shown in the promo photos and the box front, but I think it's impossible. These aren't stitched-on functional buttons, but glued on studs that don't give much room to use the button hook. I managed to attach the whistle thread using the hook, but the shoulder strap wasn't having it.

The shouting sculpt isn't so bad in person, as long as he's doing something that warrants it. Otherwise he looks like he should be sitting in a dentist's chair.

The uniform is a green feldgrau very reminiscent of Dragon Models. I'm liking him even more than I thought I would.

When I put together the second Feldgendarme in the motorcycle coat I left his uniform off as it wasn't needed.

Every time I looked through the bags of German spare parts I'd see it and think I ought to put it to use, but the key was having another gorget, otherwise he'd be off-duty.

I got the gorget and parts to complete him today. He was going to be a lightly equipped figure, implying he was at a local headquarters, so I went for a field cap. The cap's from DID's Freid, a figure I didn't get, and I expected it to be as well fitting as the ones they made for the Afrika Korps. However, I tried it on multiple heads and it looked wrong on every one that would've been appropriate (i.e. no stubble). It was too bulky on the sides and reminded me of the caps on old figures that were ill-fitting because the material was out of scale.

I was about to call it a day and hide him at the back of a shelf, and then I remembered I'd broken down QMx's Picard. The cap fit perfectly because Picard is mostly bald.

He has a fat neck though, so I had to leave his collar unhooked.

IMG_1847.jpg

Back