1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm working on another option to make these available, if the printing isn't possible at my end. I'll keep everyone posted.

Maybe use a photon resin printer? Heard it can print really small details.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6853 met Tapatalk

I haven't posted much lately. Been sick fairly often recently and I've been watching a lot of TV shows during a free 1 month trial period before it expires, but just wanted to post that the prints have been shipped off to a new mold maker and we are working out how best to get this going. Hopefully we'll have some updates to post about soon. Cannot promise that it will be quick, but we are doing the best we can to get it ready in the best possible way.

I haven't posted much lately. Been sick fairly often recently and I've been watching a lot of TV shows during a free 1 month trial period before it expires, but just wanted to post that the prints have been shipped off to a new mold maker and we are working out how best to get this going. Hopefully we'll have some updates to post about soon. Cannot promise that it will be quick, but we are doing the best we can to get it ready in the best possible way.

No worries and take care of yourself, man!

Well, molding is happening on some of the larger pieces. I sent the 3D models for the accessories, such as chest and belt boxes and sabers, as they have a resin printer and may be able to print those parts on there. We are still discussing how to do everything, but we are keeping things simple at first.

RotJ parts are coming. I'm almost done with the dome, Face mask, chest and belt boxes. Since the hero RotJ lightsaber is the same as ESB, there's no reason to rework that. Chest armor and bells and shins are about the same as ESB, only a bit more sanded and soft, so again, no real reason to change and print new models for that.

Health wise things are still not going so good. A little better and at least I can do stuff now.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm working with my new producer and hopefully I'll have some good news soon. Things are going slow and I've not been online much - haven't been feeling too well lately.

Have been working a little on the RotJ 3D models to get them ready for printing, just to try and get back into working on things again. It's hard to focus, though, but I'm getting there. This time I tried to prepare things for printing myself, making things into one solid model, but there are a few parts I can't do myself, but will have to rely on the printing company to do.

, on Flickr

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm working with my new producer and hopefully I'll have some good news soon. Things are going slow and I've not been online much - haven't been feeling too well lately.

Have been working a little on the RotJ 3D models to get them ready for printing, just to try and get back into working on things again. It's hard to focus, though, but I'm getting there. This time I tried to prepare things for printing myself, making things into one solid model, but there are a few parts I can't do myself, but will have to rely on the printing company to do.

, on Flickr

Hope you are getting better dude. Keep up the awesome work! Are you still planning on getting the different version stormtrooper helmets into production at some point?

Still my favorite custom project.:clap Really hoping this one hits the finish line this year.:yess:

The two trooper helmets are being prepared at the same time as the Vader stuff. They are a bit tricky to mold, as we want to limit flashing and loss of detail and not risk ripping the molds.

We are working on getting some casts made and painted up in the correct Rolls Royce paint colors for Vader and the correct colors for the troopers.

Also working on the symmetrical helmet. Since it was created from the older v2 scans the teeth depth wasn't as deep as the new scans, so I had to fix that. Was actually easier to do than I had feared, so now the symmetrical helmet is close to getting ready for printing.

, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr

The two trooper helmets are being prepared at the same time as the Vader stuff. They are a bit tricky to mold, as we want to limit flashing and loss of detail and not risk ripping the molds.

We are working on getting some casts made and painted up in the correct Rolls Royce paint colors for Vader and the correct colors for the troopers.

Oh man, I?m looking forward to these as much as Vader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First photo of the new molds. They actually remind me a lot of the old molds from the v1 days. Will give a more thorough update soon, but thought I'd share this. Enjoy.

, on Flickr

Back