Action Figure 1/6 Cowboy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was afraid this would happen, but I'm not surprised.

Here's to hoping LIM Toys finds another way to release this! Or maybe they could "start over" and just release a "brand new" item in 1/12 scale?

All I would say is that if you’re on the fence about getting this, put your order in now before the listings are pulled...

I got my order in day 1 but with all the retailers pulling it I assume I'll just be refunded and this is donezo.

Sadly not surprised, if a little frustrated. The way it was worded earlier in the thread from those involved with the figure was that the order window would be a short one, specifically just over the weekend, to avoid more prying eyes after the sample shots started spreading and getting tagged.

So to see the order window increase to 2 weeks or more sealed it. Not to mention scrambling having folks request or tell others not to share images when retailers are publicly doing so seemed all the more silly.

It was said that pre-orders could end at any time.

Hi! Im new here and i always followed this thread since the beginning, i preordered this action figure and i want updates if in the end they gonna release it or not in the future -since i paid the preorder-, can i have the link of the fb group?

Eh, they’ll just break it up into heads, clothes, and accessory kits. Much harder to c&d those. How many marvel and SW stuff is out there? Rockstar isn’t bigger than Disney.

Last edited:
The same guys have made unlicensed figures before, what's so different about this?Did anyone connected to the project indicate it might be cancelled?

Rockstar are bigger than Konami. I mean when someone leaked 10 seconds of RDR2 gameplay he had a lawyer and Take 2 rep on his door step after they tracked him down from his user name on a message board...

The messages on the FB group made it sound like if you had an order in then there was a good chance the order would be fulfilled. However they've since gone radio silence and now it sounds like everything is canned. I got a order in for the extra head sculpt just in case lol

Yes. They said on FB that Rockstar sent a cease and desist and that retailers were pulling it.

Just because retailers pull the pre-order doesn’t mean it won’t get made and distributed.

Also, C&Ds aren’t worth the paper they’re written on in China.

When Sunohc made his John Marston head, Rockstar sent him a C&D. And that was even a simple, unpainted, resin head, not even a 'finished' product.

They are super protective about their IP.

Just because retailers pull the pre-order doesn’t mean it won’t get made and distributed.

Also, C&Ds aren’t worth the paper they’re written on in China.

Finally, someone gets it! The figure will get made. If you got in your pre-order, it will happen. Some places still have it up. Giantoy etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back