1/6 Achilles from the movie Troy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

I posted some quick pics of this figure under my "Show us your shelves" thread https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24081

After some requests for better photos I have taken some more detailed pictures of this 1/6 "Brad Pitt" Achilles figure from the movie Troy.

I picked this figure up from Ebay from seller ironcrosshunter after a mate sent me the link and I was determined to have him straight away as I am a big fan of the movie. As good as this figure was upon delivery, I realized he needed a little bit more work to make him movie accurate.

This involved repainting his armour and helm with gold trimming and weathering and his shield required an entire repaint as it was just a plain grey resin and it look more like a clay shield. I am pretty happy with how he turned out.

t25.jpg

t22.jpg

t23.jpg

t17.jpg

t34.jpg

He looks awesome, congrats.
Is all of the armor removable? If it is I'd seriously consider using a Hot Toys muscular body if I were you, 'cause that's the only thing keeping this figure down.

Wow!
That is a perfect likeness!

I concur with the comment on using a Hot Toys muscular body, it would bring the figure to a whiole other level. But it is a brilliant figure as it is.

He looks awesome, congrats.
Is all of the armor removable? If it is I'd seriously consider using a Hot Toys muscular body if I were you, 'cause that's the only thing keeping this figure down.

he'd have to chop the neck up to fit it on a hot toys muscle body. i'd just wait and use the triad body (if it's ever released) with their brad pitt head.

i have this figure too. but with mine, the helmet isn't removable. it comes with two heads. one with the helmet, one without.

I've always like that Achilles custom.

it's not a custom. it was mass produced in limited numbers. how limited i don't know.

there was a custom using the hot toys muscle body and the bbi brad pitt head which may have been the prototype.

it's not a custom. it was mass produced in limited numbers. how limited i don't know.

there was a custom using the hot toys muscle body and the bbi brad pitt head which may have been the prototype.

I still call it a custom even if a couple hundreds have been produced...The head sculpt they use is the Sculpt of the BBI trident figure...And Even if you dont call it a custom it still a bootleg figure produce by those Asian dudes...

Thanks for the comments all.

I wasn't too sure what to post this figure under, but I decided that it is a custom figure.

It is not official, it was custom made by a very talented bunch of enthusiasts. Credit must go to Head sculpter Ken Chan, costume (design) Bobby and many others involved in producing this figure. That they produced a number for sale doesn't change the fact that it is a custom.

Secondly, because I repainted the armour, shield and did some other small modifications, I believe I can call it a custom figure. In the same way that you could call a repainted "Aragon" or "Hicks" a custom figure.

captain sack - my figure is like yours, it came with two heads. But when I was swapping heads over for the photos I realised that the helmet came off quite by accident. Instead of being upset, it gave me a chance to show Achilles gearing up for battle, and the helmet pops right back on :lol

I do agree about the Hot Toys muscle body. I have seen it done before, and it is on my to do list. At this stage I am finding it hard to get a muscle body without resorting to buying a whole figure :dunno

Anyone know a secret source to get naked muscle bodies? :wave

Anyone know a secret source to get naked muscle bodies? :wave

Hi Zedex9r, I've been hunting for a muscular body for my Riddick as well. I managed to buy a Hot Toys Rambo III-body on Ebay for a good price. (although you'd have to buy the muscular separate legs as well for this Achilles)

A good idea for your Achilles could be the Ivan Drago figure (I think I saw the muscular body and legs sell in an Ebayshop; you could do a Ebay-search for "1/6 drago").

Hope that helps!

G'day All

lambutin - This is one of the ones I have seen before. Looks great. He looks fully custom with different armour and real hair. I have also seen the same figure that I have with a muscle body without the overlay legs and he looked really good too, wish I had saved the pics.

Lord Vicious -Thanks for the heads up. I had thought of the Drago body but was worried that it may be a little too big. I may have to resort to other options. Nice deal on getting the Rambo III body and make sure you post photo's of the Riddick Custom when you are done. He is an awesome character and may be one of my possible future projects as well :)

cheers

G'day All

As I had originally planned with this figure and after a few suggestions, I finally found some time to give Achilles the physique he needed :)

Using a Hot Toys Drake muscle body I went about changing his clothes and armour. This was actually easier than I thought, his outfit was a little tight but with a little work I made it fit.

Then it was time to fit the head, I had two options. One was to convert his head into a Hot Toys muscle style head, which would mean cutting the neck off. This was something I really didn't want to do as the head is unique.

So I decided to fit this head with neck onto the muscle body. Taking the plunge I trimmed off some the rubber surrounding the neck post and adapted the ball and joint to fit the original Achilles head.

You can see the line where the head meets, but he had that before anyway. However he no longer has arm and elbow joints visible and looks a lot more like the true warrior he is.

Here are some updated pictures of one of my favourite figures who is now even better :D

tm6.jpg

tm5.jpg

tm4.jpg

tm1.jpg

cheers

The figure looks great, but I'm really not keen on the HT muscular body. I'm not one to forsake poseability for the PF look.

That probably sounds odd, but that's why I don't collect PF figures.

The figure looks great, but I'm really not keen on the HT muscular body. I'm not one to forsake poseability for the PF look.

That probably sounds odd, but that's why I don't collect PF figures.

G'day All

Thanks for the kind comments and feedback.

Shai Hulud: Thanks mate. I wasn't sure if it would work out, but the results are great.

Ashton16: Couldn't agree any more with you. That is why my collection is purely 1/6 figures. I like the fact that you can pose them. However I do think that there is a use for the Hot Toys Muscle body. Granted the figure does take a hit in poseabilty (he is never going to be able to hold a sniper rifle :D) but it's not as bad as you might think. I think that this character is one of those cases where looks take precedence over function. There are some characters that need a muscle body. Rambo, Rocky, Drake and now Achilles (and my WIP Leonidas) :cool:
Another benefit of the muscle body, is the strength in the arms. Achilles can now hold his shield easily, whereas before it was way too heavy.

Yes, there was a Hector figure available from the same supplier as Achilles. I was going to get him, but there appears to be none available at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't save any pictures of him.

I have attached a few pics of Achilles in a few poses, and no this isn't just an excuse to show him off a little bit more :lol:p

tm13.jpg

tm12.jpg

tm14.jpg

tm8.jpg

Cheers

Yeah, this looks fantastic!! I was wanting to do this very thing actually, but just have yet to track down Achilles. But to see it so well done, it brings a tear to my eye. :rock

Back