1/4 scale Reeve project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, here is Superman in the completed costume!! (obviously the hands have not been painted yet)

AMAZING work!

I wish every 1/4 piece could look as accurate as this one.

Thanks again Chris for making this happen! I look forward to receiving mine later this month.

supefin1.jpg

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Ok guys, here is Superman in the completed costume!! (obviously the hands have not been painted yet)

AMAZING work!

Thanks again Chris for making this happen! I look forward to receiving mine later this month.

supefin1.jpg

F***** awesome !!!!!

Gruson said:

AMAZING work!

supefin1.jpg

Looks cool! What was the total cost?

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. It's been a real labor of love (I started the project in November 2004).

I'm afraid there aren't any more available at this time.

Please shoot me an email for info.

[email protected]

Thanks again!

Chris

The length of the shorts changes substantially depending on how Chris Reeve pulled them up. Also, the "flying suit" shorts were a lot longer because they needed to hide the flying harness.
The shorts on the statue are as tight as they can be. It's the thickness of the lycra as it's turned under and seamed at the edges which makes them look a little looser than the full size versions.

Chris

We decided not to do anything "heroic" with the pose because Chris Reeve was quoted many times as saying that he didn't like doing the heroic poses. He preferred to just "stand there" and let the costume do all the work.
We've tried to capture the essence of Chris Reeve's portrayal of the character.

Chris

Collector Freak said:
Yeah, and the pose is a little boring. Can you bend the arms?

This is definitely a dream project and I'm glad I got in on it. I can't imagine the anticipation that Cking has gone through, it's been a much shorter time for me. But I imagine we all have been waiting nearly 30 years for something like this.

Back