1/4 scale Reeve project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought some people might be interested in the 1/4 scale Reeve project - I just received the first part in the post. The costume is still being developed and will come later. Thanks to cking for spearheading this custom private commission.

Last edited:
Alas, DC letting Sideshow do something awecore with Superman was too much to hope for.

Last edited:
Dave, Dave, Dave. You drop these little nuggets to drive us nuts. Right? So the earlier Superman reference was true! Excellent.

moebius9 said:
No, it's a custom commision project. Not a SSC piece! It's looking good though.
Dag nabbit! I thought the Sideshow imprint meant it was official. Maybe someday. Dag nabbit.

yea, thought everyone would remember the original post. This is NOT a commercial project but a private commission.

,..likeness looks off to me..,

superflag.jpg

yeah. his lips are too pursed. looks like he's getting ready to kiss somebody, and his right eye is looking to our right while the left eye looks straight forward. still, it's good and close.

I agree, its brilliant so far.

But the ONE thing I still dont get to this day, is why everyone in that movie were so completely stupid. I mean clark meets louis without his glasses and then later(about 1min later) as superman and she goes "Who is that man!" I mean, wot the! Hes the EXACT same looking person lady! Just happens to be wearing a blue costume and red cape. Still, besides that, I love the movie.

Reeves IS Superman. Wish he was still with us.:sick

,..i for one thinks the face looks too round,..,,reeve have a more muscular and defined jaw line,..his nose is too thin also,...,,and the mouth just looks wrong,..is the worst thing,...make him looking dumb.,,,very far from perfect,..., in my opinion of course,... :peace

Actually,

The sculpt is PERFECT. CKing spent a lot of time going over every facial detail.

Dave's paint job is good but not great IMO. It may just be the picture though.

Here is what CKING's painter did with the same sculpt:

cking.jpg

I am AMAZED of how great it looks.

Imagine how nice this piece will look once Reeve is in costume!!!

Last edited:
Is CKing selling any of these figures? And if so how much for a painted one? I think his painter is incredible!!

The sculpt and paint look amazing. I can't wait to see what he looks like when he is finished.

Gruson said:
Actually,

The sculpt is PERFECT. CKing spent a lot of time going over every facial detail.

Dave's paint job is good but not great IMO. It may just be the picture though.

Here is what CKING's painter did with the same sculpt:

cking.jpg

I am AMAZED of how great it looks.

Imagine how nice this piece will look once Reeve is in costume!!!

this IS Christopher Reeves!!!!! I think the pic post by Gruson will shut down everybodys comment about the likeness...And Gru will yours be painted by the same guy than CKINGS ???This will be by far the greatest Superman piece ever...

Yep, great looking piece.

I am not sure if he has anymore spots available.

They are sold NOT painted so you will need to find someone to build the piece, assemble it, and paint it.

MY GOD!

I introduced the painter who did the 1 above in Grusons pic to Chris...
but never did I imagine that it'd look THAT NICE!!!

WOW!
Kudos to ME for all of my hard work on this project! :wacky
(& ironically, I can't afford 1 of these bad boys!)

:sick

*ss*

Back