Statue 1/4 New 52 Batman - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just personally don't like sculpted capes, comparing this piece with a sideshow piece from years and years ago is a bit like comparing apples and bananas (see what I did there). I still think that supes looks great but I wouldn't want to own it, I like the change to fabric that most companies are doing now

I just personally don't like sculpted capes, comparing this piece with a sideshow piece from years and years ago is a bit like comparing apples and bananas (see what I did there). I still think that supes looks great but I wouldn't want to own it, I like the change to fabric that most companies are doing now

I’m right there with you.

I personally love sculpted capes, except for the fact it makes it far more difficult to display in cabinets.

But with regards to movie line Batman statues I’ve loved how the fabric (pleather?) capes drape down the back and sides of the figure.

I think sculpted capes look better on comic statues and fabric on movie statues as long as the fabric is high quality material like p1 usually uses. A cheap fabric cape can ruin an otherwise beautiful statue by making it look cheap or ”toyish”. It also takes a lot of fuzzing work to get a cheap fabric cape to look half way decent. I passed on a number of ssc pfs that i like all because of the cheap fabric capes they use, any pf i consider has to be cape free character, like their JM Aquaman pf (which looks awesome btw i just wish his pants werent fabric).

It came out really good but wow that is one big statue...

It's a shame DC decided to go back to the Underoo Costumes for Supes & Batman... it makes them look so dated and a bit cheesy, I much prefer the newer outfits...

It's a shame DC decided to go back to the Underoo Costumes for Supes & Batman... it makes them look so dated and a bit cheesy, I much prefer the newer outfits...

I somewhat agree, but I’ve got a feeling the vast majority of the board believes otherwise :dunno

I think both styles can look great when done well.

I somewhat agree, but I’ve got a feeling the vast majority of the board believes otherwise :dunno

Yeah, it's classic all the way for me personally. I don't mind updated costumes if they're done well. However, I can't stand Jim Lee's costume designs. The entire New 52 was a failure for me. That included stories and costume designs. That said, I LOVE the costume designs of the Arkham video games. Those designs are pretty much all awesome in my book and updated. I think the only one I didn't like was Deadshot. Other than that, I think the rest of them ROCK! There will always be a tug of nostalgia for the classics as far as I'm concerned. You just can't go wrong with them. My biggest complaint is when sideshow gives us a made up costume design. That's usually very hit or miss. Thanos was a hit but Deathstroker was the very definition of a miss. I would imagine there are very few complaints when companies go with a classic costume and the statue has a great pose,sculpt, and paint apps. I believe for the majority of us, that's perfection.

Only classic SS did for Bats and Supes was a disaster thanks to the mixed media... Both fabric outfits were horrible fitting, more so Batman's then Supes... but Supes was messed up in the shorts...

The crazy thing was how many people defended the outfits, like who cares that Batman's armpits are down by his waist... :lol

Only classic SS did for Bats and Supes was a disaster thanks to the mixed media... Both fabric outfits were horrible fitting, more so Batman's then Supes... but Supes was messed up in the shorts...

The crazy thing was how many people defended the outfits, like who cares that Batman's armpits are down by his waist... :lol

I have both OG Bats and Supes PFs and like them. Are they perfect? Not a chance. However, I think they look good in my collection. Now, would I be interested in a fully sculpted classic Bats and Supes PF? You better believe it. Hopefully sideshow tosses in a classic Cap and Deathstroke PF to boot. I'd be down for all of them if they look good.

Absolutely! ...We need a fully sculpted classic Batman and a classic Superman!

A fully sculpted classic Deathstroke would be a big bonus.

There have been plenty of classic supes and bats statues in their strongman outfits.. its time to let the past die (right kylo) Just get prime1 hush supes and your good for strongman supes (and CR superman movie supes if they make him) How many supes/bats in the classic outfit do you really need in your collection, especially at 1/4 scale or larger? New outfits are different but different doesnt mean bad, some variety is nice. **** gets outdated overtime, just ask the mcu why they updated their costumes and how successful that has been.

I pretty much liked all the modern day dceu updated outfits as well except flash and batman in justice league. In term of comic costumes i actually liked the new 52 and rebirth revisions (just not the content).

Classics are “classic” for a reason, same holds true for cars. They had their time in the sun, there is nothing like a 66 corvette, but id much rather drive a brand new vette and keep my 66 in the garage. It just cannot keep up with all the idiots in modern cars with sophisticated breaking systems slamming on breaks stoppin on a dime. Its merely a badass collectibles, not an every day driver thats for sure (that would be suicide lol): respect the old be cool with the new... if you dont like the new road then get out the way cause the times they are a changin

Cars are not superheroes though, and although I like some of the updated outfits, people go back to the classic look because classic doesn't have to be a negative term which means old

Back