Premium Format 1:4 Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom Full Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Everyone here is another one of my latest paint jobs and this one is a big one. The sculpt is outstanding under the factory paint on this piece, such a big fan of Trevor Groves work, truly one of the best sculptors out there. Anyway down to the images.

Before and After

Compare1.jpg

Compare2.jpg

Compare3.jpg

In Progress

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

Completed

IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5708.jpg

Fantastic work:clap So infuriating that SS ruins good sculpts with their slapdash factory paint:gah:

Before and After

Compare1.jpg

If you told me you sculpted an entirely new head here and showed this pic, I'd believe you.

Just bizarre how much much better a new paintjob makes it look ...and I own the original and I like it:D

IMG_5713.jpg

He looks really OUTSTANDING in this photo. It looks like th real Ford and not a statue.

IMG_5720.jpg

I also can't get over how much better the profile looks with a repaint. The Raiders PF and this one both look goofy from the side unless theuy are repainted.

One complaint --- TUCK THAT SHIRT IN!!!

I have said this before but a good paint job on this PF makes such a difference. With good paint apps it is by far the best Indy piece out there.

Here is a photo of my original that I had to break and my replacement. Look at the difference in the paint apps from the SS factory. HUGE difference. Original on the right replacement on the left (I had another thread about this but thought I would share here also).

I love my TOD Indy and IMO is one of SS top 5 PF's

However As much as I think my Indy has great paint apps I have to say that Greggo's is scary good.

P1110422.jpg

P1110420.jpg

P1110401.jpg

P1110403.jpg

P1110398.jpg

My tod pf has the same crosseyed look. Love repaint by the way.

Best,

Robert

Incredible work, Gregg! I've been waiting to see a top painter take a stab at repainting this, and you did not disappoint...The down side is now, I can't ever look at my factory ToD PF the same again. :(

Nice figure, but I can't say that likeness is spot on, even with the repaint. There's enough Ford to sell it, but that face with no fedora above and in a generic outfit would take people a while to guess who it was.

Oh I think everyone would know who it was. This photo shows how spot on the sculpt is.

IMG_5713.jpg

IMO of course but I do think that the TOD sculpt is the best Ford out there. It is to bad it could not have a HT paint apps but I am sure happy it does not look like the HT sculpt. For the Money you are paying for a 12 inch figure you would think the sculpt on the HT Indy would be much better. Hell even the paint apps needed to be better on that piece. How does HT get 1989 Batman and Joker so right as well as others and blow it so bad on Indy??

IMGP9921.JPG

Hope enterbay does a 1/4 indy..that would be awesome. I now own the enterbay 1/4 terminator. I love to repose him. Can you imagine if an indy like that would come along. Would beat the pfs!

Back