Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a very flattering angle on this portrait.

Thought the same thing, I'm guessing that's unavoidable when staying true to the severe angular lines of Jim Lee's drawing(?)

Not sure anyone will be looking down on a 40" tall statue. Looking at him head on, he looks identical to the book.

I think I'm sticking with the fabric cape over the sculpted one unless the fabric looks awful. I'm curious to see if there's a substantial price and ES difference between the two.

I concede the sculpted cape looks better overall but I'll be going the fabric route to. I'd rather not have the the whole cape pushed to one side like that so the cloth cape allows me to pose it how I like.

Not a very flattering angle on this portrait.

Hey guys isn't this the looking down portrait that is no longer coming with the statue? I read that it will be the original and heat vision portraits only? Am I wrong on this. I agree this picture is not flattering but I would also love to have a looking down portrait?

Also having never owned a fabric cape statue, how does it affect the presence of the statue? I have the SS batman modern age sculpted cape and it is really big and heavy but adds a lot to the statue in my opinion.

Pictures of fabric capes look great to me but do they detract from the statue as opposed to scultpted? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Also having never owned a fabric cape statue, how does it affect the presence of the statue? I have the SS batman modern age sculpted cape and it is really big and heavy but adds a lot to the statue in my opinion.

Pictures of fabric capes look great to me but do they detract from the statue as opposed to scultpted? Any input would be great. Thanks.

I think you're going to see a 50/50 split on responses to your question. I prefer sculpted capes, but of lighter materials, as seen on XM's Samurai Batman and the Resinworx Man of Steel. Others enjoy fabric capes because it allows them to pose the cape as they like, and change it up if they wish.

I think you're going to see a 50/50 split on responses to your question. I prefer sculpted capes, but of lighter materials, as seen on XM's Samurai Batman and the Resinworx Man of Steel. Others enjoy fabric capes because it allows them to pose the cape as they like, and change it up if they wish.

Thanks. Probably an unfair question to ask. Either way should be a great statue.

If the sculpted cape didnt blow to one side and went down like normal they wouldn't need to make a fabric cape.

I've been thinking awhile about this, even prior to Kevin posting those photos on Facebook, but couldn't Prime 1 produce one statue with the big key hole for the sculpted cape, and if you happen to wish to use the fabric cape there could be an additional attachment that would have to be inserted to fill in that gap to how it shows for the fabric cape?

Or have the fabric cape partially adhered to an attachment that fills that gap?

Though going from those same photos, you would lose some of the neck skin detail that's available on the fabric cape version, but I'm thinking the fabric cape could potentially cover that area anyway.....well maybe not. Just an idea.

I may have to end up buying 2 superman pieces this one and Doomsdays companion piece if Prime 1 does release one.

I have a question for people who’ve seen a lot of 1/3’s in person.

So I currently have the Miller 1/3 Batman, and that guy is big. Bulky. I mean his leg almost seems like it’s close in size to the full body of some 1/4’s I have. Is this a universal thing? I ask because when I look at the Hush pieces while I understand the Superman is really tall and the Batman is kneeling, they don’t appear to me to be or similar overall size as the Miller Batman.

Is it just because I can’t clearly get a sense of the scale in the pictures, or could these just not be as bulky? I know the Miller Batman was a big guy because of him being older.

If you check some of the P1 videos online during their convention appearances, you'll see a lot of them displayed together & you'll get a better sense of relative scale. FM Batman does run pretty darn big & bulky because of the nature of the character.

Sculpted cape version up for order tomorrow on the Prime 1 website. Sideshow PO info to follow.

From their Facebook:-

IMG_0171.JPG

I wonder how long before the fabric cape version goes up.

Still at least this will reveal much about the full dimensions, price, what it comes with etc.

Issue with the fabric cape is the companion piece would have to be fabric also to look good and what epic Batman statue has a fabric cape?

Back