1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must not be in the collectible game for very long. $2K will never buy you 100% sorry. And at 31 I'm not a kid lol. Keep saving your pennies though, maybe one day you can get a large piece too. You probably complain about HT pricing go up too right? I'm not justifying anything, I'm more than happy with my purchase.
You need a reasons to not buy this. The SS PF looks like trash sorry.
LOL....well said. Poor trolls trying to ruin our party. I feel bad for them trying to make us think it's not good enough for what we are paying. Let them wallow in envy and self pity

Darth Alias, don't waste your time or energy on ass holes like this. They try and make others hate a statue. I was giving this guy gates the benefit of the doubt but then I read his comments. What an ass hole. This was a big reason I hate this thread because pple ***** and argue and derail a great statue to compensate for something IDK. But anyways, I own hcg terminator half scale darth maul half and now this and he is my favorite. Oh I own hcg half scale power loader too, its a cool piece. Enjoy the statue bud, its awesome. Don't let some guy on here try and ruin it or even get you to argue back, he probably gets off on it.

Nobody cares.

You are such a cute little troll....awwww look at him try

LOL....well said. Poor trolls trying to ruin our party. I feel bad for them trying to make us think it's not good enough for what we are paying. Let them wallow in envy and self pity

You kids are hilarious. Keep it up, I'm laughing here :lol Calling people a troll because they have an opinion is almost as laughable as the HS on this :lol Only fanboys need apply in this thread apparently :lol

I don't think the paint apps on this P1 piece are very good(especially compared to their other stuff), but in terms of head sculpt it completely blows away the Sideshow PF. That thing is an utter atrocity!

The Prime 1 looks good in videos. I easily prefer it over the Sideshow attempt which I sold- which is a shame because the Bale PF is good. I hope the 1/2 scale sells well so they think about making a 1/3 too. I could see jumping into the dark knight rises line and a complimentary joker would be bought. Maybe a few head sculpts and an interesting pose. They did the museum type pose with the 1/2 so maybe the grenade/mob scene would be fun. A laughing head sculpt in large scale would be ideal. Make it-buy it.

Thanks for being a gentleman and I apologise if I came across a bit harshly.

No all good man, I was initially venting about the paint job because I just felt let down by this but now I think the paint job is acceptable given that 2 K is quite cheap for a 1/2 scale full figure statue. :duff

Heck I am still thinking about getting this. :eek:

I don't think the paint apps on this P1 piece are very good(especially compared to their other stuff),

They are as about as good as their other 1/2 scale pieces, although the paint job on their Superman sculpt is not bad it isn't very realistic, which is why some have repainted theirs. The only half scales that look amazing by Prime is the regular and armored Batfleck ones.

but in terms of head sculpt it completely blows away the Sideshow PF. That thing is an utter atrocity!

It does captures the Joker's essence though, but looks nothing like Heath.

Last edited:
Just finished putting mine together. I am seriously BLOWN AWAY. Pics soon.

Everyone that has come over to see this was blown away! I love it, I may even customize it but will see their truly isn't anything I thought needed much work, sculpt is great paint was clean I may do some changes but it looks damn good. This will sell out, as it is in low stock. I respect everyone's opinion but when pple get so nit picky it becomes so stupid to even reply back to some. But mattman enjoy the statue I am!!!

You kids are hilarious. Keep it up, I'm laughing here :lol Calling people a troll because they have an opinion is almost as laughable as the HS on this :lol Only fanboys need apply in this thread apparently :lol

Well, then we heard your opinion move on now! That is what we plan on doing! Or at least myself, what else do you have to say? We get it you don't like it.

I could have purchased from my normal vendor at a good price, but the pre-order window closed super early (last year). I'm hoping the low stock is typical SS tactics because I've seen that with the 1/2 Batman. If he's ever on sale, I'm grabbing it or I'll wait for a private seller. You guys sold me, but my wife won't be happy.

The only half scales that look amazing by Prime is the regular and armored Batfleck ones.

Yeah, I just got the 1/2 scale non-armored Batfleck a couple weeks ago and I'm blown away by the paint(as well as everything else) on it. The skin tone is perfect, the mixture of black and gray in the stubble...it really is an amazing piece.

To be perfectly honest I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to the Joker's paint applications. This is my 1:1 Joker and while I know P1 can't replicate the look of a custom piece like this I still think they could have done a better job.

20141225_124815.jpg

Yeah, I just got the 1/2 scale non-armored Batfleck a couple weeks ago and I'm blown away by the paint(as well as everything else) on it. The skin tone is perfect, the mixture of black and gray in the stubble...it really is an amazing piece.

To be perfectly honest I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to the Joker's paint applications. This is my 1:1 Joker and while I know P1 can't replicate the look of a custom piece like this I still think they could have done a better job.

20141225_124815.jpg

Yeah, your collection pics of your custom 1:1 Joker are damn impressive. (Though the above pic seems a bit dark?)

Until I saw your photos I had no idea a custom sculpt of an actor could come out so great. I was truly shocked. He's scary good (which is both good and bad).

And now I sort of understand some of the critiques of the 1/2 scale Prime 1 piece.

20141225_124815.jpg

1:1 is tight, just to big for my small condo lol!! But cool piece forsure bud!

20141225_124815.jpg

Nice! I own a 1/6 version of that.
Its currently the grail in my collection. :)

Up until I guess I get my P1 Batfleck.

Everyone that has come over to see this was blown away! I love it, I may even customize it but will see their truly isn't anything I thought needed much work, sculpt is great paint was clean I may do some changes but it looks damn good. This will sell out, as it is in low stock. I respect everyone's opinion but when pple get so nit picky it becomes so stupid to even reply back to some. But mattman enjoy the statue I am!!!

Thanks matturibe1. I totally agree about this piece. In person, this thing is just incredible. Now is it 100% perfect? Nothing is. I can take virtually any single one of my dozens and dozens of statues, figures, and busts, and find something to nitpick. For me, there is nothing about this statue that I can be more critical of than any of my favorite pieces in my collection. IMO, it is without a doubt the best representation of Heath Ledger as The Joker in the Dark Knight that we have seen from any statue or figure company, and is up there with some of the best customs I've seen (and I own a Bobby C Silicone Joker bust). The tailoring and likeness are simply fantastic. I'm also personally a fan of the facial expression they went with and think it is menacing and quite fitting to Heath's portrayal of the character.

From a paint perspective, as a figure and bust painter myself, I don't see too much wrong with it. It is a bit on the cleaner side when it comes to Heath Ledger's Joker, but whether that bothers somebody is more of a personal preference than a reflection of the accuracy of the paint job. Could a custom repaint make it even better? Absolutely! But though I may decide to repaint the head at some point, I don't really feel a need to on this one like I have with several other pieces I own.

Here's an onslaught of pics:

37059743236_b878032aa8_b.jpg

36412278484_4989ab132b_b.jpg

37059744666_438bdc617a_b.jpg

36412275994_4bb788485d_b.jpg

37059740996_0369dce9aa_b.jpg

37059738126_4505f57917_b.jpg

37059735706_fbd5a7829f_b.jpg

37107361711_55d71eeb4e_b.jpg

36435735913_122b410f66_b.jpg

37107359361_44b80a90d4_b.jpg

37107360231_d1274bc0e4_b.jpg

37059736846_2f8d36d63d_b.jpg

37059739386_0cf29100f7_b.jpg

37107358491_a0bd5550a2_b.jpg

37107364221_d7c1b6d73f_b.jpg

36435736783_61a0facb87_b.jpg

36412279564_66b832e001_b.jpg

36435734453_8de636d73a_b.jpg

37107362831_a1582bc0b6_b.jpg

36412276614_2464b3caac_b.jpg

37059741786_0712da0f21_b.jpg

36412277304_be6b18bc53_b.jpg

Thanks matturibe1. I totally agree about this piece. In person, this thing is just incredible. Now is it 100% perfect? Nothing is. I can take virtually any single one of my dozens and dozens of statues, figures, and busts, and find something to nitpick. For me, there is nothing about this statue that I can be more critical of than any of my favorite pieces in my collection. IMO, it is without a doubt the best representation of Heath Ledger as The Joker in the Dark Knight that we have seen from any statue or figure company, and is up there with some of the best customs I've seen (and I own a Bobby C Silicone Joker bust). The tailoring and likeness are simply fantastic. I'm also personally a fan of the facial expression they went with and think it is menacing and quite fitting to Heath's portrayal of the character.

From a paint perspective, as a figure and bust painter myself, I don't see too much wrong with it. It is a bit on the cleaner side when it comes to Heath Ledger's Joker, but whether that bothers somebody is more of a personal preference than a reflection of the accuracy of the paint job. Could a custom repaint make it even better? Absolutely! But though I may decide to repaint the head at some point, I don't really feel a need to on this one like I have with several other pieces I own.

Here's an onslaught of pics:

37059743236_b878032aa8_b.jpg

Congratulations Mattman! Looks great!
I agree with your sentiment, with Heath Joker sculpts scrutinized at the most minute detail, you have to look at the whole picture here.
Considering that that's an Adam sculpt, with Kato's help in tailoring, 1/2 scale and made by Prime1,
$2k for this is actually a great price.
If I would have had the $$$, I would definitely would have loved to add this to my collection.

Congratulations with your Heath Joker man!

Back