1:2 Endo ES changed from 500 to Open Edition?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have a problem with HT, they dont try to scam/cheat its customers and are upfront about the lack of ES or hide the fact it's just plastic toys that they are free to make as many as they want.

SS on the other hand, announces ES to make it limited and encourage more orders. Then when they see a statue sells out fast they go and make more copies. Patient zero international edition, gollum PF internetional edition etc..

Most of you probably are not aware how shady it really is. For example, they put gollum PF on sale ES 500 no mention of any other ES on the product page, except buried in one of the newsletter a one liner about international edition. Keep in mind, the international edition never appeared on their website at all. Then when the gollum soldout fast, they send a newsletter saying there is a few copies of this new international edition left(exact same statue), it's open to usa, and order fast!! And you can only do it from email, creating this false sense of urgency and kept everything under the radar.

It wasnt until the first buyer received the international edition, did we confirm it's not "a few more statues left" but another 1000 ES print of the same soldout statue. And only months later (during this spooktacular) did they finally officially put the international edition on the website. Most buyers had no idea, all they know is the gollum PF is 500 ES and soldout... Cant get any more shady than that...

When your entire company's products are based on edition integrity and highend rare collectibles, and you pull stunts like these, sideshow will only hurt themselves and their brand in the long run, even if they make a few extra cash grabs now. I for one, no longer held ss in the same high regard as when I started, and as a result have reduced my pre-orders greatly. The colossus & dutch PF all would be instant orders for me in the past, but no longer, ss just doesnt have the same value or collector factor to me anymore

And they wonder why their sales isnt as good anymore...quite sad really.

:exactly: :good post:

Yawn.gif

I know it wouldn't fit into your collection :lol, that's why I said let me know, cause it will fit in mine :1-1:. I got my eye on one, we'll see what happens. I would think the LSF Wolvie would fit in yours, just not for 2k.

I don't like what I'm reading in this thread. Raising the ES on people is a cold move Sideshow.
Should I assume the chrome 1:1 Endoskull will also be changed to an open ES? Please let me know now if this is the case :(

I don't like what I'm reading in this thread. Raising the ES on people is a cold move Sideshow.
Should I assume the chrome 1:1 Endoskull will also be changed to an open ES? Please let me know now if this is the case :(

prolly so, but I don't think the HCG chrome bust even has an ES to begin with. Might as well since SS doesn't make the chrome one anymore and the SS bd version is open edition.

prolly so, but I don't think the HCG chrome bust even has an ES to begin with. Might as well since SS doesn't make the chrome one anymore and the SS bd version is open edition.

Guys, I agree this isn't the best move that SS should have played but I'm going to assume this move is due to the overall direction the 1:2 is going to take.

The 1:2 scale are prob going to be limited edition for all.

I don't see them doing this for any other line. :monkey3

People are looking for an explanation. For sure there are those who take pleasure in having a go at SS at every occassion but this is a legitimate query.

Blaming SS at every turn is just as silly. They are big enough to look after themselves. Personally I think it's HCG who should be answering just as much as SS.

Fixed for accuracy. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

If SS endorses it, they are just as guilty.

its business. what do you expect them to do? :dunno

if they didn't carry it, someone else would.

Won't change the fact that more than 500 will be made.

:peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back