1:2 Endo ES changed from 500 to Open Edition?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS, I just found out that the the 1:2 Endo has been indeed changed from an ES of 500 to a limited edition.

I have some major concerns:

1. SS, first you ask for a NRD without edition size on most of your products.

2. Now you have taken one of your products, set an edition size, and change it to a limited edition size.

In the past years, I have expressed what an exceptional and ethical company you are to deal with.

As a result of the actions above, I can no longer say this and be truthful.

You were a company which found a balance between artistic expression, high end collectables, and making an exceptional business of it.

Their is no longer any balance between the three.

Your actions have spoken. You are a becoming a business which has lost touch with what it is like to be a collector of your products. You have tipped the balance towards the money aspect of the business and have begun caring less and less about your product and your collectors, especially those who have invested, yes invested, MONEY AND TIME in your products and supporting SS.

Please reverse this unsightly, unpleasing, and greedy trend of the recent few months.

Look at your past history of what made you what you are today.

The above post and this post were taken from another thread and also put here in the specific Endo discussion. The other one was in Edition size and NRD, points which were made there also.

1:2 Endo is not their product.

[/I]?

the 1:2 endo isn't made by sideshow, they are just distributing it

From my point of view, it does not matter if it is their product or not ... the fact they are

1. distributing a product they full out know the edition size has changed in an unethical business manner means they are condoning it

2. making a monetary profit from a clearly unreasonable edition change also shows they are supporting this move.

The reason why there is an edition size established is to secure the collector, that there is NO RISK from their producers part there will be no more than the number produced, with the unusual exceptions such as what happened with the SS Exc Gray PF Hulk (which in this case is acceptable).

BOTTOM LINE:

A limited edition with a set number, is, between the collector and producer of said items, A CONTRACT that guarantees against the unethical business practice which both SS and HCG are clearly participating in.

Once this contract is broken, and collectors accept this, then limited edition numbers will continue to be broken in this manner for one reason ... profit. One of the major essences of collecting is then violated and the industry begins it's decline in that area with those companies.

It's unethical but what do they care? People are still buying from them like nothing is wrong but all of it is. They just scammed everybody that bought this item when the number 500 was set and now the value of them has dropped. Horrible thing what they have done.

I remember when Ferrari did this EXACT same thing to its customers with the F-40. Originally Ferrari was only suppose to make 400 units making it a super exlusive exotic at a price of about $400k. Their were customers that had laid down upwards of 1.6 million to secure one. After they sold out their value sky rocketed to $800K-1 million.

So what did Ferrari do when they saw their was more demand and people waiving their cheque books at them to get one?.....they raised the edition size from 400 to 1315! - Essentially SCREWING every person that bought the car at what they thought would be a very limited edition. The cars value in the aftermarket dropped almost $600k!. Buyers were outraged and some stories say some owners tried sueing Ferrari. Most of those people who plunked down cash for that Ferrari are probably driving Lamborghini's now lol

But still, it's a slimmy and underhanded thing to do to customers. I don't care if it's HCG decision or not, SS is also at fault they have raised ES sizes on products in the past as well.

The only way to show SS your serious is to stop buying their crap. Hurt their pocket book and they will listen up like a disobedient child.

Chris

Last edited:
yea, I would defn be pissed if I had one these and payed full retail for it. SS has lost a lot of my business for many different reasons, I haven't even had anything on PO from them since the P1 lsb, but HT also does pretty much the same thing with all their re-releases and they don't even have set ES. HCG prolly sees this and thinks why can't they do it if everyone else is, and I'm sure HCG is hurting for business more then the others.

The good ole rare collectible days are pretty much gone for the most part. If you guys want something rare and one of a kind, it's best to go the custom route. I do actually plan to get this Endo still, I'm just not going to pay anywhere near retail for it.

Yep, the rarity part of this hobby is done for unless the companies go back to what they used to do. Even the Hot Toys exclusives for Sideshow aren't numbered anymore.

wow they did change from 500 to open edition that's odd
wounder what happen there not going to blame SS fully cause HCG is involved also. i remember when i had this peace but sent it back defects and didn't really have the space amazing details either way
rather have an arnold half scale battle damaged

i agree im not in anyway excusing SS but i think HCG really to blame but then again SS still have them for sale on there sight. im sure like my fellow freaks have said its business too im sure breach of contract and all that bullshi* play a role into it

People are looking for an explanation. For sure there are those who take pleasure in having a go at SS at every occassion but this is a legitimate query.

Defending SS at every turn is just as silly. They are big enough to look after themselves. Personally I think it's HCG who should be answering just as much as SS.

HCG, go figure. Talk about a POS company, I bought the 1:2 bust and gladly sold it for $500 less than what I paid for it. Garbage company, Sideshow needs not to take the blame for this stunt.

People are looking for an explanation. For sure there are those who take pleasure in having a go at SS at every occassion but this is a legitimate query.

Defending SS at every turn is just as silly. They are big enough to look after themselves. Personally I think it's HCG who should be answering just as much as SS.

Of course it's HCG who is mostly at fault, but let's not forget who prolly gave them the idea and opportunity to pull this ____. HCG doesn't even sell this item through their site or any other besides SS and SS retailers, so someone needs to explain why the numbers on the bases of the Endos in circulation are meaningless now. As far as I know, HCG never comes and says anything; I've heard their CS is garbage. All people have to do is look on BBTS and see how many of their items have had to go on clearance just to get rid of them, their company is shoddy at best, and the move shows how desperate they are.

So is sideshow actually making more of these? Could there be less then 500 now. It would be good to know. It's strange how an item that took so long to sell. Why would the manufacturer want to make more. Especially not being a big seller. I think there hoping the new half scale line is gonna take off so they thought the endo would be back in demand

but HT also does pretty much the same thing with all their re-releases and they don't even have set ES.

I dont have a problem with HT, they dont try to scam/cheat its customers and are upfront about the lack of ES or hide the fact it's just plastic toys that they are free to make as many as they want.

SS on the other hand, announces ES to make it limited and encourage more orders. Then when they see a statue sells out fast they go and make more copies. Patient zero international edition, gollum PF internetional edition etc..

Most of you probably are not aware how shady it really is. For example, they put gollum PF on sale ES 500 no mention of any other ES on the product page, except buried in one of the newsletter a one liner about international edition. Keep in mind, the international edition never appeared on their website at all. Then when the gollum soldout fast, they send a newsletter saying there is a few copies of this new international edition left(exact same statue), it's open to usa, and order fast!! And you can only do it from email, creating this false sense of urgency and kept everything under the radar.

It wasnt until the first buyer received the international edition, did we confirm it's not "a few more statues left" but another 1000 ES print of the same soldout statue. And only months later (during this spooktacular) did they finally officially put the international edition on the website. Most buyers had no idea, all they know is the gollum PF is 500 ES and soldout... Cant get any more shady than that...

When your entire company's products are based on edition integrity and highend rare collectibles, and you pull stunts like these, sideshow will only hurt themselves and their brand in the long run, even if they make a few extra cash grabs now. I for one, no longer held ss in the same high regard as when I started, and as a result have reduced my pre-orders greatly. The colossus & dutch PF all would be instant orders for me in the past, but no longer, ss just doesnt have the same value or collector factor to me anymore

Add insult to injury, their paint apps continue to get worse, mass produced in those chinese factories with cheap unskilled labors.

And they wonder why their sales isnt as good anymore...quite sad really.

It has to be more HCG than SS.

it is & people are just blaming sideshow b/c it's the cool thing to do :dunno

I am not sure what posts you are reading ... the general impression I am getting from this thread is that SS is ALSO responsible in that they are distributing this product which has changed it's ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back