Action Figure 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (H. Senft) project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (minor) customization project

Thanks!

Just to show the difference in how the eye looked before and how it looks now:
CUSTOM56.jpg

HOLY CRAP DUDE! Haven't checked this thread in a while and I'm blown away by the progress your making on this. Love that new eye! I wish I had the guts to try some of this stuff on mine. Great work!

Oh, hi!
Yeah, I'm doing the best I can, it's a slow progress, but it's moving on!
Also, I'm learning as I do stuff, this is my first time working on anything this big and expensive, messing with the eye was really nerve wrecking, but I'm totally amazed by the outcome, so it was well worth it!

Thanks for the kind words ;)

The eye looks really good. Looks so much better than the way it was before. Uv done a great job so far and i find this thread really interesting.
Hopefully il start my thread soon on my projects. I have 3 terminator busts in progress at the moment lol
Time consuming and expensive
But fun :)

New update!
Finally got around taking off the mannequin's head.
CUSTOM57.jpg

CUSTOM58.jpg

..that wasn't such a big deal, but next part was really nerve breaking. I had to cut parts of Arnold bust, to make it fit up there. Unfortunately, I was too much concentrated on doing it, not to mess up, that I forgot to take pictures, I only took these two, removing the part on the back, tho I did the same thing on the front, and took off both of his shoulders.
I wanted to avoid things like that, but it was no other way around, it had to be done.

CUSTOM59.jpg

CUSTOM60.jpg

So this is the result:
CUSTOM61.jpg

CUSTOM62.jpg

Obviously I'll need to buff him up, and that's the next step..This was just to finally give him the body, and see how it'll look standing there..and I must say, I'm very impressed to have him in my room, even at this stage..still a lot to do, but damn, I'm already at the point I never imagined I'd be!

Very cool!! 1:1 inside a room is always something special! Big congrats!! :rock

Thanks jkno :D
Yeah, I've seen your Stormtrooper, so I believe you're familiar with the feeling when you look at 1:1.

I still have a lot to do, but I'm very pleased with the progress so far!

Thanks jkno :D
Yeah, I've seen your Stormtrooper, so I believe you're familiar with the feeling when you look at 1:1.

I still have a lot to do, but I'm very pleased with the progress so far!

:exactly: Indeed, that is why I said it. Life-size items are very impressive

Take it outside into natural light. The ones where the sun is hitting it's right side give that area more depth. The ones with just the indoor lighting make the colors look flat. The sculpt does look excellent, though.

Hi Toni just wondered if you have done anything more with your Terminator statue?
Oh, hey man! I haven't noticed earlier that you posted here..Well, it is slow progress, but yeah, I have been working on Arnold. I'll post update now ;)

I found this on ebay for fans of T2:

https://cgi.ebay.fr/terminator-2-sc...uets_FigurineHerosSoldats&hash=item1e64c085bb

I hope that the link work...
Link works, very nice bust. I've seen quite a few of these around!

Take it outside into natural light. The ones where the sun is hitting it's right side give that area more depth. The ones with just the indoor lighting make the colors look flat. The sculpt does look excellent, though.
I have taken few pictures on the outside, however all the pictures I post for now are taken with my mobile, and they are just supposed to keep the updates on changes I do as I "build" this guy, once it's done I'll get a proper camera and take some nice pictures of it all!
Color is a bit flat overall, but I'm satisfied with it..if I get a chance at some point, maybe I get the paint re-touched, but even if it never happens I'm satisfied with it as it is right now.

And now, on to some things I've done in the meantime!

Thumb has been de-attached, so he could hold SPAS:

I have widen the hole on the body, so bust would fit better, however, there is still gap that will be fixed later on ;)

This is the gap I mentioned:

Next thing I'm doing (tomorrow) is drilling trough both bust and body of a mannequin, and installing these screws (they act as anchors, one part is pushed trough the hole, and it kinda anchors in, and then you just tighten it), so they are properly connected, and that gap will become history!

Some work done on the arms, I've buffed up the right arm, and cut the left one for the pose (holding SPAS on his shoulder), now I have to figure out how to actually attach parts.

How it looks on him (looks great with the jacket on):

And couple of pictures taken for the heck of it:

Update:
Bust and body finally properly attached!

One more picture of the gap and making the hole under the bust even bigger, so it can all fit better:

Drilling holes:

Anchor screws installed:

Testing it out:

Next thing is to work out how to connect parts of the left arm, and properly pose it, then onto buffing it up!

Life stuff got in a way so I haven't been around in a while......but I'm still alive and kickin'.
Small update..figured out how to bend and attach parts on the left arm, pictures will explain:

Now, I have "freedom" to pose it at the angle I wish once I buff it up..

Also, I've painted SPAS 12, now it looks a lot less plastic, and a lot better.....still it could look even better, more real, but for now I'm pleased, maybe I get back to it at some point later..
It looked like this:

..and now, it looks like this:

This is a great story and i always look forward to see how you are getting on.
Im starting my full size terminator real soon, man, man it is expensive once you cost up all the parts especially if you go for sideshow jacket, guns..... worth it tho.

Looks superb by the way. Love the idea with the arm. I was looking at a mannequin with posable arms but that was expensive too lol.
Hopefully will start my thread soon :)

Thanks gypsycatcha! It's been a long way to get to this point, and I still have a lot more to do, but it's a real pleasure!

Can't wait to see your project, be sure to make a thread once you start! It is very expensive, but again, it's a hobby, so.....if you spread expenses over some period, it kinda feels like it's not THAT pricey :D

I had a hard time finding any kind of mannequin in a first place, but if you could get posable one, it would make things easier for sure!

Back