Action Figure 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (H. Senft) project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (minor) customization project

Oh cool so the red led bulb is thick enough to plug the hole??
Not to worried how it looks as i will mainly pose him with the glasses on :)
I get a sneaky feeling mine will end up fall size too :)

Last edited:

From what I know it should fit the hole nicely, but I'm not 100% sure, maybe you'll have to simply cut out the lens in front and glue it, and use the LED inside! But it's worth to check out this option!

And mine will have glasses on as well, but it has to have best possible details on the (both) eyes!

Thanks. Should solve my lense problem :)
Hoping to have this fitted by early next week. Pics coming soon :)

I hope it will help out with lens, and can't wait to see some pictures :D

After couple of months on a mannequin hunt, I got lucky.
Will require a bit of work, but at least it's something to start with!

CUSTOM16.jpg

CUSTOM17.jpg

CUSTOM18.jpg

CUSTOM19.jpg

..and..two guys together..
CUSTOM20.jpg

CUSTOM21.jpg

Some things happened in real life that kinda slowed down the whole progress on this project, but on the other side, it has also pushed me to work more and more on it, as it's keeping me distracted..
Well, now that I've wrote this senseless sentence..let's get to some pictures.

After getting a mannequin, I've cleaned it up and inspected it..found out that part that connects removable leg was broken, that's the reason it was so cheap..So I've fixed it using silicone and hot glue.
After that I saw off parts of it's feet, so I can get the boots on there.
CUSTOM22.jpg

CUSTOM23.jpg

CUSTOM24.jpg

After that I dressed up the mannequin to see if the clothes fit him, I was a bit afraid that sizes won't match..but luckily, no problems!
CUSTOM25.jpg

CUSTOM26.jpg

CUSTOM27.jpg

Of course, mannequin is slim, so I'll have to do a lot of buffing up, but it's workable..I don't think I should have some bigger problems with that.
Also, I've took out the RadioShack light from the eye, and test-inserted the circuit I did, I'm loving this un-checkered look.
You can see that I've added some more blood around the eye (only on the lower part, still haven't touched upper part, so you can see the difference in the shade of red)..I've added darker red, looks better..I'll do more on this when I get the metal eye for replacement.
CUSTOM28.jpg

And last bit to update. Yesterday I got leather gloves for him! It's a bit hard to pull em on, it's a very tight fit, but it looks awesome once it's on!
CUSTOM30.jpg

CUSTOM31.jpg

CUSTOM32.jpg

Will look into getting the head off one of these days, so I can start fitting the bust up on there.

Looks damn good, Toni. I can't wait to see this built up (plus get some tips from you ;) )

-Joe

Thanks Joe....it's a slow project, but important thing is that it's moving along, no matter how slow!

If I'll be able to help in any way, feel free to ask (I'll probably use your idea to draw a design on the shirt myself!)

Really is coming along well Toni. I have mine back now with the eye intact and gargoyles on. the gargoyles were a real pain and i neede to modify them. It all depends where you place them but to sit straight on his face, the left arm has to bend round a little to get past his hair that sits on his ear. If you go above it, they may not sit straight. Anyway got it done and will hopefully get a thread up soon :)
Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Really is coming along well Toni. I have mine back now with the eye intact and gargoyles on. the gargoyles were a real pain and i neede to modify them. It all depends where you place them but to sit straight on his face, the left arm has to bend round a little to get past his hair that sits on his ear. If you go above it, they may not sit straight. Anyway got it done and will hopefully get a thread up soon :)
Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Can't wait to see what you have to show ;)
I'll be looking to start fitting Gargoyles tomorrow!

Could you maybe share a picture or two what you're talking about..and what should I watch out for? I'm very nervous to even think about drilling the bust! But I'll have to do it eventually!

Anyways.
I had this project paused for a bit..Real life struck me, and some days passed with no work, however, today I finally got some bits and parts I waited for.
I was afraid that I might have problem, because, even tho it's toy/airsoft, importing guns isn't something that usually goes without trouble.
Customs did hold the package for about 10 days, but in the end, box came to me with no problems.

It's not much, but it should make a nice difference for a final display!

CUSTOM33.jpg

CUSTOM34.jpg

SPAS 12 airsoft.....Plan is to maybe have that thing repainted and make it look more real, tho I like it just as it is, will look really good with Arnold!

..and finally!
CUSTOM35.jpg

CUSTOM36.jpg

CUSTOM37.jpg

CUSTOM38.jpg

Kick ass man . Great Gargoyles // can't wait to see the whole thing put together // and that Spas shotgun looks fantastic

Thanks Mr. EcKo....this project is already way bigger then intended, and is taking much much longer then I figured it will....

I hope I'll manage to pull it off properly to the end!

Arnold has his glasses ON! :D

Quite a stressful customization, but I managed to get it right.
I'll have to touch up the bit where I drilled the bust with some brown paint, but it's all well..

I've removed the plastic parts off of the Gargoyles handles:
CUSTOM39.jpg

And couple of pictures of the bust:
CUSTOM40.jpg

CUSTOM41.jpg

CUSTOM42.jpg

Now waiting for the metal Endoeye, and I'll start working on the legs, buffing them up, also plan out how to remove head from the mannequin, and way to attach Arnold!

Great thread Toni

Thank you very much Bezzerkerr! :D

I have a new update......metal endoeye is here, so I decided to take the plastic eye out....it was a stressful thing, as I didn't know where it'll snap, and if it'll damage the bust..
For now, only three pictures, and update with the pictures of a new eye will follow shortly!

Temporary setup:
CUSTOM43.jpg

With the plastic eye:
CUSTOM44.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..
without the plastic eye (as you can see already, on the lower part of the wound around the eye, I have touched up the blood, so it looks a bit darker and more gory, I'll do the same thing on the upper part):
CUSTOM45.jpg

And here we are.....behold the metal endo eye upgrade (HUGE THANKS to Jamie, great work!)
First, couple of pictures, and then we go to description of a problem..
Eye in pieces:
CUSTOM46.jpg

How it'll look once completely put together:
CUSTOM47.jpg

so..the problem is, the eye lacks the back part of the sphere, and is actually "too short" and when I put it on the bust, it sits too deep into the eye socket, so I decided to cut the plastic eye with dremel, and use the back part as a "leveler" for the metal eye....and.....it works!
Few comparison pictures:
CUSTOM48.jpg

Plastic eye cut:
CUSTOM49.jpg

And comparison of the eye with the bust:
CUSTOM50.jpg

..you can't see too clearly on the picture, but without that "leveler" eye sits far too deep, and looks "outside" so the plastic bit will also be used to position eye under the right angle!

Just to show how it'll look in the future:
CUSTOM51.jpg

Eye still isn't permanently put in, it's just testing and fitting stage, now I plan to touch up blood around the eye more, paint those holes for the glasses on the sides, and somehow combine plastic and metal bits for the eye, to make a smooth "transaction"..

Its coming along really well. Looks so much better with the glasses on however, that eye looks soo good amd really makes the difference.
Im having to move mine on :(
Need to raise some pennys for something else i have in mind.
I can pass you on the link in private as i dont want to hijak your thread... but if it doesnt go, il be more than happy to keep him and il have to come up with another idea lol.
Really great work Toni

Yeah, as I said numerous times, it's a sloooow progress, but it's moving along.....I will finish it sooner or later :D

I agree that glasses make it look better, and I'll have mine displayed with glasses, but still, I'll make it perfect beneath..he'll have perfect Endoeye, and everything, even tho it won't be quite visible..well, light will be visible trough the glasses!

I'm so sorry to hear you're "quitting" on yours, however, I'm really interested to see what's you're hunting for!
I don't mind you posting link here, don't worry about hijacking my thread ;)

Well Im not sure quitting is the word. OI tried mant times to talk myself out of it but I couldnt for obvious reasons so Im having a T1 made by Joe.
I had one of his T3 bust which was awesome in every sense of the word but this is just going to be better.
I was thinking of just doing the torso as I dont have the right shape room ( sloaping walls ) but I think it has to be full size with the gun....
Like I said, if i keep him, il carry on with him. I think this has a slightly different expression to Joes so it would be great to keep both.
Anyway heres the link. Like yours, looks way better in the flesh and the guy i got it off had it painted pretty well but the pics dont really show it...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280654161906&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Keep the good work up and i look forward to updates :)

Ahhh, so that's the case, I see..
Yeah, Joe's T1 Bust is really amazing, especially with the wig, it's an extra step towards realism!

It would be really cool if you could keep both, and have one displayed as a bust, or a torso, and other one as a full statue!

Good luck with the sales ;)

So....to post an update..
I have worked on the eye today, and got things done! :D

Blood and gore has been added, holes for glasses painted, and leveler for eye modified, so eye is angled properly. I had to widen holes for 4 ball bearings around the eyes, as well as grind down sides, to make everything fit properly. Cool thing is that I didn't use any glue/adhesive for the eye, ball bearings are holding it in the place, and those aren't glued either, just pushed in, so everything can be removed easily if needed.

Now , onto pictures..

Light in eye is turned off in this picture:
CUSTOM52.jpg

Light ON:
CUSTOM54.jpg

CUSTOM53.jpg

One with Gargoyles:
CUSTOM55.jpg

And short video to show how cool is the fade out effect (camera picks it up weirdly, in person, it's completely smooth!)

Back