Action Figure 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (H. Senft) project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (minor) customization project

great bust
To be honest, it doesn't look half that good on photos as it does standing right in front of you!
Besides, pictures are taken with my mobile phone, so when I get actual camera back, I'll take some better pictures!

it's coming along nicely. Makes me want one even more.

watch out for :panic: Bright Light :panic: it's a killer.
art_gremlins.jpg
:lol
Anybody who's a real T1 fan and thinks about getting this bust, be sure to do so, as it's really great. They are very hard to come by, but if some opportunity opens, go for it! I doubt you'll regret it.

Looking great! I can see this eventually turning into a full scale statue at the rate you are going. :)
I'm actually thinking about this from the very start. If it happens, it won't happen until I get my own place, and start setting up the whole Terminator display room/theater room.
For now I'm concentrated on improving this bust, and getting the best of it, however there is a high chance it'll become fullsize Arnie in the future!

Yeah, all he needs now is the combat pants and biker boots.(and the gargoyles of course).
Unless hes just not interested in full size statues.
Anyway, this is looking great, Toni.
It makes me want to make one now!
I'm ahead of you guys with that :p Already have real combat pants, will post it later, but boots I'll have to get, as well as the manequinn if I decide to go for it.
I'm already on the hunt for Gargoyles, I'm hoping to find some locally, but no luck so far.
I'm very interested in the full size, but at the moment, I don't have a place for it. But as I said, once I get my own place in following years, it's likely to happen!
And thanks for kind words ;)

It looks fantastic!! :clap Excellent job!!
Thanks buddy, coming from you, it really means a lot!

Toni , ¿what size is the Temrinator leather jacket?
I have another Howard bust and i want to buy one jacket but i dont know what size i need.
musashi, that question kinda dazzled me as well. The one I got for him is 52 and it seems to fit him perfectly. Thing is, I don't know nothing about sizes, and I'm not sure if this one would qualify as XL or XXL.
I just had a great deal for this jacket, and I went by instinct, got it, and it looks great on him.

Another thing is, these leather jackets vary in overall look and size depending on who's making them. It's a classic Rock Leather Jacket, but some are wide, some are slim, some are very short, and you can get a bit longer ones as well.
Have you thought about getting the actual licensed T1 leather jacket replica? It's the closest one to what was used in the movie.
I'm completely satisfied with this one, so I wasn't even considering ordering replica from USA, as I'd pay it more then x5 comparing to what I payed for this one.

To be honest, it doesn't look half that good on photos as it does standing right in front of you!
Besides, pictures are taken with my mobile phone, so when I get actual camera back, I'll take some better pictures!

:lol
Anybody who's a real T1 fan and thinks about getting this bust, be sure to do so, as it's really great. They are very hard to come by, but if some opportunity opens, go for it! I doubt you'll regret it.

I'm actually thinking about this from the very start. If it happens, it won't happen until I get my own place, and start setting up the whole Terminator display room/theater room.
For now I'm concentrated on improving this bust, and getting the best of it, however there is a high chance it'll become fullsize Arnie in the future!

I'm ahead of you guys with that :p Already have real combat pants, will post it later, but boots I'll have to get, as well as the manequinn if I decide to go for it.
I'm already on the hunt for Gargoyles, I'm hoping to find some locally, but no luck so far.
I'm very interested in the full size, but at the moment, I don't have a place for it. But as I said, once I get my own place in following years, it's likely to happen!
And thanks for kind words ;)

Thanks buddy, coming from you, it really means a lot!

musashi, that question kinda dazzled me as well. The one I got for him is 52 and it seems to fit him perfectly. Thing is, I don't know nothing about sizes, and I'm not sure if this one would qualify as XL or XXL.
I just had a great deal for this jacket, and I went by instinct, got it, and it looks great on him.

Another thing is, these leather jackets vary in overall look and size depending on who's making them. It's a classic Rock Leather Jacket, but some are wide, some are slim, some are very short, and you can get a bit longer ones as well.
Have you thought about getting the actual licensed T1 leather jacket replica? It's the closest one to what was used in the movie.
I'm completely satisfied with this one, so I wasn't even considering ordering replica from USA, as I'd pay it more then x5 comparing to what I payed for this one.

You can find the gargoyles on ebay the last time I looked.
I was planning on doing a life-size T1 about a year ago but other things got in the way.
You can get the same biker boots on ebay too...but they havent got the chain thingy on the left boot.

Just a small info..no pictures..

Eye is in the making process, and I should have it in hands in next couple of weeks. It'll be metal, and will have the actual details inside and outside. I'm currently planning how to pull off some inner details.
No checkered lens look any more, I find it to look cheap, and out of place.
Gargyoles should also get to me in next couple of weeks :D A friend ordered em for me few hours ago, so I'll have to wait for him to get the glasses, and then finalize the package for me, and ship it all to Europe.

I'm also seriously considering to start working on the fullsize Arnold, soon after I finish the eye upgrading and adding Gargyoles!
I doubt I'll be able to get mannequin, so I was thinking to actually make some kind of structure from scratch, and work around it. I can get Arnolds proportions no trouble, but some parts will probably be troublesome as I want at least left arm/hand to be poseable.
I've already set my mind on the pose I'll be going for.

I already have real combat pants, but they're olive drab color, so I'll see if I could find some more accurate color, if not, I won't mind actually using these, as I'm not going for the full screen accuracy, as much as for really nice representation of the movie and the character!
I also got leather biker boots last week. Funny thing is that they are T2 screen accurate, and not T1, but they are tall, and again, look good enough (and better) for what I'm heading for, so no problem here.

This will be a long project (way longer and bigger then I originally intended it to be), so I'll update as I go, and as I have some pictures to show off. :)

The bust looks great. Im in the process of doing something similar. I have a t2 latex bust which iv managed to get a real, worn biker jacket very like yours. I have added bullet holes to the back and want to do the same to the front and im thinking of opening the t shirt to show some endo chest ( further down the line)
Iv also purchsed some teeth to replace the painted in ones on the bust.
Once its done and i figure out how to post pics, il put some up.

The bust looks great. Im in the process of doing something similar. I have a t2 latex bust which iv managed to get a real, worn biker jacket very like yours. I have added bullet holes to the back and want to do the same to the front and im thinking of opening the t shirt to show some endo chest ( further down the line)
Iv also purchsed some teeth to replace the painted in ones on the bust.
Once its done and i figure out how to post pics, il put some up.

Ahhh, sorry for a late reply, I missed your post.

Thanks for nice words!
Your project sounds very promising, I'd love to see some pictures if you could post them up.

I have some updates on my project, but it's all smaller things moving in the right direction, and nothing actually to show off.
Endoeye is practically done, I have pictures of it, and it looks amazing, but I won't post anything until I have the eye in hands.

Just today I've added studded detailing on the left boot. Made it myself out of my girlfriends belt and metal studs I bought years ago for my jacket.
Will take some pictures and post them up.

If everything goes as planned, I'm planning to start working on the body right after the New Year!

and a bit of nakedness:
16.jpg

17.jpg

First of all, I think you have done an incredible job thus far. I have one of these too and I hope to carry out a similar process on mine.
Secondly, I may be wrong but I think you might have a recast. My knowledge isn't great but if you look at the back of the bust, towards the bottom (between the shoulder blades), there is a line and on the busts that I have from Howard, he always puts his initials and the year. As I said, I may be wrong so am prepared to be corrected but I know when I look on ebay, there are a couple of sellers that frequently seller recasts.

Firstly, thanks for the nice words CaptainCaveTroll.
Second, about the recast matter, well, I have received this bust, just as you see it in the first post, painted and clothed. So it wasn't in raw form, and I don't know how it looked freshly pulled out of the mold, I don't know if there ever were initials and year that were maybe removed prior to painting, or anything of the sorts.
But, this bust was sold trough RPF, and that forum is Howards "domestic" forum, I have contacted him prior to finalizing the deal, to ask about the shipping rates when he usually sends his busts to Europe, (as I was originally quoted for $400 just in shipping, and I thought that's way too much), and he saw it but never said anything about this bust being recast (I believe you know his firm stand against recasters, he went so far about that matter, that he stopped selling resin busts altogether, and now offers only silicon busts that can't be recasted), and if this was indeed recast, sale thread would be pulled off on RPF.
Bust was sold to me by a member that is well known to RPF (and some other forums) and that guy does some sculpting himself.

But also, nobody ever said that this ISN'T a recast, as it never occurred to me to actually ask that (would consider that to be kind of an insult), and nobody ever mentioned it could be (until now, as you pointed out).
So my guess would be that this isn't a recasted bust, it is of very high quality, and recast usually tend to be sloppy and low quality.

Firstly, thanks for the nice words CaptainCaveTroll.
Second, about the recast matter, well, I have received this bust, just as you see it in the first post, painted and clothed. So it wasn't in raw form, and I don't know how it looked freshly pulled out of the mold, I don't know if there ever were initials and year that were maybe removed prior to painting, or anything of the sorts.
But, this bust was sold trough RPF, and that forum is Howards "domestic" forum, I have contacted him prior to finalizing the deal, to ask about the shipping rates when he usually sends his busts to Europe, (as I was originally quoted for $400 just in shipping, and I thought that's way too much), and he saw it but never said anything about this bust being recast (I believe you know his firm stand against recasters, he went so far about that matter, that he stopped selling resin busts altogether, and now offers only silicon busts that can't be recasted), and if this was indeed recast, sale thread would be pulled off on RPF.
Bust was sold to me by a member that is well known to RPF (and some other forums) and that guy does some sculpting himself.

But also, nobody ever said that this ISN'T a recast, as it never occurred to me to actually ask that (would consider that to be kind of an insult), and nobody ever mentioned it could be (until now, as you pointed out).
So my guess would be that this isn't a recasted bust, it is of very high quality, and recast usually tend to be sloppy and low quality.
It is hard these days as I have seen quite a few recasts on ebay and it is always hard to tell in a photo on a forum or on ebay. I think there are many genuine collectors who might inadvertently buy a recast.
My guess is that it is a recast but, as I said, I could be wrong. I am also a member of RPF and I completely agree with the frustration and annoyance that many feel about having their work ripped off and sometimes genuine collectors can be duped. Either way, it is no reflection on you but you might find that if it is a recast, a genuine cast might make an even more striking display, especially with all of the incredible efforts that you are making in its creation.

It is hard these days as I have seen quite a few recasts on ebay and it is always hard to tell in a photo on a forum or on ebay. I think there are many genuine collectors who might inadvertently buy a recast.
My guess is that it is a recast but, as I said, I could be wrong. I am also a member of RPF and I completely agree with the frustration and annoyance that many feel about having their work ripped off and sometimes genuine collectors can be duped. Either way, it is no reflection on you but you might find that if it is a recast, a genuine cast might make an even more striking display, especially with all of the incredible efforts that you are making in its creation.

I agree with you. Everything is possible these days.

I just went trough PM's I exchanged with the seller, and it actually was clarified as an original:
....And yes indeed, its a Howard cast!

But I sent another message to the seller, just to hear where did he get the bust from. I'll see what he'll say.
Either way I'm perfectly happy with the bust, as it's really high quality, of course original would be better to have, but if it turns out it is a recast indeed, I'll try even more to make a striking display!

And thanks for all the kind words about my "customization" I appreciate it, I do hope to make it really great looking!

I've just got mine back from the guy that has painted many of my busts and it looks exactly the same as yours at the back so it appears that the chances are they are both original as I bought mine from a collector I know who bought direct from Howard many years ago. I was mistaken and you learn something new every day.
It has to be said that you have made a superb job on the bust and it really makes it stand out so keep up the pictures as it is nice to see how it develops.

Last edited:

I've just got mine back from the guy that has painted many of my busts and it looks exactly the same as yours at the back so it appears that the chances are they are both original as I bought mine from a collector I know who bought direct from Howard many years ago. I was mistaken and you learn something new every day.
It has to be said that you have made a superb job on the bust and it really makes it stand out so keep up the pictures as it is nice to see how it develops.

No problem CaptainCaveTroll ;) I appreciate the fact you shared the discovery!
Just as you said, there is always a chance that collectors get a recast in their collection, not knowing it's actually a recast, especially with the custom pieces and low runs, that aren't actually licensed!
Seller replied to my message that to best of his knowledge, this is a original. So I guess that's cleared out!

I would like to see some of the pictures of your bust, so if you could post them, that would be really cool (if you don't want to make a new thread, feel free to post in this thread, I won't mind at all)

And thank you so much for the nice words, it keeps me motivated ;)
I'll be updating thread with pictures as soon as I can!

Just wanted to say, Merry Christmas everybody! Hope you all have a great time with your families and friends!

ChristmasArnold.jpg

Guys, I'm back with a bit of an update!
First off, to show you the boots and the studded detail I made for the left one.

CUSTOM11.jpg

CUSTOM12.jpg

CUSTOM13.jpg

CUSTOM14.jpg

CUSTOM15.jpg

Boots aren't screen accurate, but I got them really really cheap and these are the right size, they look good enough to be used with the fullsize Arnold, and with the studs detail added, I think they look great.

Second update, and I believe much more interesting one, is the eye light.
While waiting for the metal eye replacement, I worked on the light for the eye. I wanted light to be very dim, didn't wanted it to light up the whole room when powered ON (as it's the case with any replica out there), also I wanted the light to fade out properly, nice and long for the few seconds (as seen in the ending of the The Terminator).
After some testing and fiddling with components of different capacity, I managed to get it perfectly as I wanted.
It lights up enough to show it's "alive" but it won't light up anything around, it's too weak.

CUSTOM08.jpg

CUSTOM09.jpg

CUSTOM10.jpg

And finally, a demonstration video:

Hi Toni really is coming along. I have mine now :)
Really loving this bust. Going to do a few mods you have done. Have you thought about adding eyebrows?
I know they could be quite hard to do but i think its crying out for them to be added.
I will send you some pics in the next few days.
Id also love to post some on here but im not sure how to :(
Is there any guide on here how to post pictures??

My bust was painted so it looks a little different to yours.
Also with regards to the re-cast, mines exactly the same as yours at the back and i know mine is genuine so you really did get a very good deal :)

Hi Toni really is coming along. I have mine now
Really loving this bust. Going to do a few mods you have done. Have you thought about adding eyebrows?
I know they could be quite hard to do but i think its crying out for them to be added.
I will send you some pics in the next few days.
Id also love to post some on here but im not sure how to
Is there any guide on here how to post pictures??

My bust was painted so it looks a little different to yours.
Also with regards to the re-cast, mines exactly the same as yours at the back and i know mine is genuine so you really did get a very good deal
Hey gypsycatcha, thanks for the nice words, I'm glad to hear that you finally got yours and you're satisfied with it, I really love it, and it looks so much better in person then on the pictures.

I haven't thought about adding the eyebrows because at this point in the movie, they were burnt off, he didn't have them, take a look:
terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg

But if you think you'll like it more with the eyebrows, well, add them, I'm interested to see how it'll turn out ;)

To post here pictures, first you need to upload them to internet (sites like imageshack.com or imageupload.com), and then you post the link here wrapped in IMG tags.

I can't wait to see how yours looks like, very curious, I'll be waiting for the pictures!
Also, I have it confirmed that it's a real deal for the bust, but thanks for confirmation, much appreciated!

Well spotted toni. think i wil leave the brows off :)
Would you be able to send me a list for the components?
Im going to try and get this done over the weekend.
Still not sure where im going to get the red lense to cover the hole in the eye.
Mine also doesnt have the bearings in each corner so i might look into doing that too.

I've studied Terminator a lot, I'm looking to get the details straight :D

You could start a thread yourself, or at least document what you're doing and send some pictures.
About the red lens, depending on what you're aiming at, if you don't mind the checkered look that all licensed Terminator collectibles out there have, you can get RadioShack https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062367 I've seen a lot of people using this, size should be perfect.

Shame about the bearings around the eye, mine has them, but I'm not satisfied with em, so I'll be replacing it soon.

Back