Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have the rosy cheek been toned down? Was it only the first batch that had the stronger pink? I am STILL waiting on BBTS. Coming up on a month since I got the "expected to be in our warehouse in 10 days" email. :gah:

But if I get one with rosy cheeks being toned down a bit (so I don't have to do it myself) I'll be happy with the wait. I am hoping they get it on it's way to me in this coming week....

After delayed shippment, wrongly shipped shippment, delayed shippment again, I finally got mine aaaaaand the eye is not straight. One eye is not completely centred. I assume this is not a valid point to get another one right? Has anybody experiences with this kind of stuff? I really wanted to print the head ball joint as soon as he got here, but this journy was a complete let down on every step and I kinda lost interest in it. 20201228_131444.jpg

Honestly I can predict the next gen batch receivers will be super disappointed, I absolutely love the rosy cheeks, I'm thinking of selling mine as cash is a bit tight right now, but because of the cuteness I might as well keep it

The reason I predict the disappointment:
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 15.40.35.jpg

If this is the next batch, rosy cheeks will definitely increase in value once the fiasco hits the fan

Honestly I can predict the next gen batch receivers will be super disappointed, I absolutely love the rosy cheeks, I'm thinking of selling mine as cash is a bit tight right now, but because of the cuteness I might as well keep it

View attachment 502408

If this is the next batch, rosy cheeks will definitely increase in value once the fiasco hits the fan

I doubt it considering most people are removing the excessively rosy cheeks.

View attachment 502408

You can't make up your mind. You complained about how the production version turned out quite a lot and said you would cancel. Then you changed your mind and started complaining about how long it was taking Sideshow to ship yours. Now a couple weeks later you are talking about selling....

After delayed shippment, wrongly shipped shippment, delayed shippment again, I finally got mine aaaaaand the eye is not straight. One eye is not completely centred. I assume this is not a valid point to get another one right? Has anybody experiences with this kind of stuff? I really wanted to print the head ball joint as soon as he got here, but this journy was a complete let down on every step and I kinda lost interest in it. View attachment 502407

????

Googly eyes are one of my pet peeves, but not seeing a huge problem here. One eye looks a bit rolled inward, maybe. U could try gently pushing to better align like one board member did. I've seen worse for this piece. Of course, after SSC's hype, every one of these should be flawless.:cool:

Sorry to hear of the shipping problems:(. December shipping seems to be a mess anyway - I was happy to wait until later to avoid it. Couldn't pay him off anyway. Maybe in January.

????

Googly eyes are one of my pet peeves, but not seeing a huge problem here. One eye looks a bit rolled inward, maybe. U could try gently pushing to better align like one board member did. I've seen worse for this piece. Of course, after SSC's hype, every one of these should be flawless.:cool:

Sorry to hear of the shipping problems:(. December shipping seems to be a mess anyway - I was happy to wait until later to avoid it. Couldn't pay him off anyway. Maybe in January.

Yes, one is rolled inward, and pretty heavily in my opinion. The eyes are so important. I already tried moving/pushing it, but there is no way of moving it. The thing is, the chinese factory workers dont care, I get that, they are getting payed so little to move as fast as possible. But I dont want to carve out all the fom from the head. Chances are the eye is full of foam and no way of turning it anyway. So I will leave it as is and just modify the paint and pose.

He's home! Absolutely love this little guy!
E78B85AF-6C8F-4A61-8706-76E30272CC67.jpg

Attachments

• 30BB73BD-114A-482B-ADB8-E2DEE816AE3B.jpg
    30BB73BD-114A-482B-ADB8-E2DEE816AE3B.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 213
  • D47AF61C-2D99-4534-8012-DF9F6F796118.jpg
    D47AF61C-2D99-4534-8012-DF9F6F796118.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 4F6619BE-65FD-4BF3-80FC-56932B1EB7AE.jpg
    4F6619BE-65FD-4BF3-80FC-56932B1EB7AE.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 184
Mine arrived 10 days ago (May 2 order), and what a job from Sideshow !! He is perfect !!:bow

I ordered a new necklace for Grogu on Aliexpress!

This one is for my daughter and her Animatronic Grogu:lol

6g8x.jpg

q467.jpeg

Mine arrived 10 days ago (May 2 order), and what a job from Sideshow !! He is perfect !!:bow

I ordered a new necklace for Grogu on Aliexpress!

This one is for my daughter and her Animatronic Grogu:lol

If mine doesn't look this good, when I can afford to pay off - especially the eyes, back it goes. ALL of them should look this good.

This took me quite some time to get together, but I finally finished my Mando costume :) So I took some pics and recorded a video of me wearing it and have the Child in it for some of the shots :) Thought I'd share!

Happy New Year by the way!

desktop.jpg20201229_121619.jpg20201229_112246 (0;02;11;51).jpg20201229_112246 (0;01;59;27).jpg20201229_112246 (0;02;08;13).jpg20201229_112246 (0;01;02;52).jpg

Last edited:
This took me quite some time to get together, but I finally finished my Mando costume :) So I took some pics and recorded a video of me wearing it and have the Child in it for some of the shots :) Thought I'd share!

Happy New Year by the way!

View attachment 502736View attachment 502737View attachment 502738View attachment 502739View attachment 502740View attachment 502741

:clap. That is really amazing Ralph, congrats! It's clear a lot of work went into that and it turned out extremely well!

:clap. That is really amazing Ralph, congrats! It's clear a lot of work went into that and it turned out extremely well!

Thank you so much! I'm super happy with it :) Although I am already well on the way to upgrading it to a S2 version lol
Jetpack, spear, dark saber and S2 armor all are in the works :)

Back