Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which I am not impressed with. In my option he looks like a skinny stoned brother of Yoda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood the hype on that statue. Than again it might look better in person so who am I to judge :huh

You guys don't know what you are talking about. The Legendary scale Yoda is one of the best things Sideshow has ever made.

same here. their art designer or whomever approves this stuff should be fired. and its not just this piece either.. again just my opinion. however this child piece really blew me away with the proto. which is rare for sideshow to do when it comes to me. years and years ago i use to buy a ton of their items. i haven't bought an actual sideshow piece in quite some time and have sold all the ones i own a long time ago with the exception of a couple lifesize pieces. I have given up on sideshow but I am happy they are distributors of certain companies. to me that is pretty much all their good for. hopefully this piece will make me think otherwise. sorry in advance for being so negative.

Proto looks good, but something about it still isn't quite as cute as I feel this should be. It's almost there, but then it kinda has this Benjamin Button Yoda vibe going on. I can't quite put my finger on it. If the production piece slips more than even a little, I'm cancelling mine like a celebrity on twitter.

Proto looks good, but something about it still isn't quite as cute as I feel this should be. It's almost there, but then it kinda has this Benjamin Button Yoda vibe going on. I can't quite put my finger on it. If the production piece slips more than even a little, I'm cancelling mine like a celebrity on twitter.

To me the prototype is perfect, and it?s impossible to achieve in mass production. The only way to have that level of quality is from a custom or Queen Studios.

I cannot see how this could be improved.

It looks soooo good!!! If its nearly like that what Im getting.. im very excited !! :)

Honestly I can’t decide on canceling this and preordering the HotToy or not. The statue looks better but I like the idea of him being posable.

I'm tempted to order the Hot Toys version as well just so I can compare them in person and decide which I like better.

Probably best to get the Sideshow in first and then decide if going beyond that is necessary. The Sideshow should ship way before the HT release. I feel HT really missed the boat when they didn't offer Baby Yoda's bag or pram.

I can't put my finger on what it is but for something cast from the props, something isn't connecting. The cheeks, jowls, and chin seem too compressed and laterally stretched. HT has faults too, don't get me wrong, but these con photos just aren't selling me on the SS ones.

if I don't like how it looks in hand can i send it back for 100% full refund?

You can send items back to Sideshow within 30 days from date of delivery for a full refund (minus shipping fees).

They've always refunded me the full amount, including shipping. Then again, I've never returned something to SS because I "don't like it." I've only returned items that have issues I'm not happy with and won't accept.

Back