Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hope they use translucent resin on this piece, it?s the main key to success here.

Can?t wait to see the production samples.

Looks like they are on the prototype, but it'll definitely be one of the things that makes or breaks it during mass production.

I'm sure the Edition Size will be very large on this, that's if it's not just an open ES which it might be... I'll wait for production pictures... Especially since Hot Toys is doing a life-size one also...

Looks like they are on the prototype, but it'll definitely be one of the things that makes or breaks it during mass production.

This. Since I know I want a Child, and none of the other toys that have been revealed of any size have felt right, I knew it would either be a statue or a Hot Toys. I went ahead and PO'ed this just because. Going to keep an eye on the HT 1:1, though.

In all honesty this piece will probably be shipping long before anything from HT comes close. I don't remember remember the last thing from HT that had a quick turnaround, even their SDCC exclusives ship a good couple of months after the show when they used to be immediate (at least via SSC). Folks who ordered this will have FlexPayments already paid before something might even be shown and definitely have it in hand before anything HT ships. It'll be interesting to see who double dips.

In all honesty this piece will probably be shipping long before anything from HT comes close. I don't remember remember the last thing from HT that had a quick turnaround, even their SDCC exclusives ship a good couple of months after the show when they used to be immediate (at least via SSC). Folks who ordered this will have FlexPayments already paid before something might even be shown and definitely have it in hand before anything HT ships. It'll be interesting to see who double dips.

I certainly will be. I have no doubt on that. And I’ve read a few comments on the other forum saying the same....though I doubt those having an issue with the price will be.

I don't know what to do.
Whether it's Sideshow or HT, they're both good at showing fancy prototypes but when it comes to the mass production...Fifty Fifty

5D37F910-9A8E-454C-B574-65986F33300E.jpegI ordered one had anyone seen this picture? I hope I?m wrong but this prototype doesn?t look like translucent resin... either way I?m stoked

View attachment 477725I ordered one had anyone seen this picture? I hope I?m wrong but this prototype doesn?t look like translucent resin... either way I?m stoked

Lighting condition is not the same, if no light source is pointed directly to the figure that won?t be so noticeable.

On the other hand, that piece is likely to be the prototype or one of the prototypes. I don?t think they already have factory samples yet.

As most of us thought it does indeed have a body (just not detailed, like most Sideshow statues with mixed media) and it certainly has fully detailed feet, as confirmed and shown on the Facebook Live Video.

Back