Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E9417C9B-6C11-43E7-8E18-183B9906BACE.jpeg

Mine arrived today from Sideshow! Could not be happier with it. Beautiful and adorable, so glad I picked him up. Great pics, everyone!

Congrats daywalker74! ^^^

My Grogu is in the mail; I should be getting it on Wednesday at the latest next week. It's been a long wait; I cannot believe it's been almost 3.5 months since release. I would have liked to get it before 2020 was up though BBTS took their sweet time to process my order and get it out. I'm sure there was some behind the scenes stuff that impacted the wait time, but I got a little turned off from BBTS when I would email about it and they were basically useless in giving me any information. I haven't ordered from BBTS since like 2017 and I always remember having great experiences, but the wait times and the fact that I often get hit with customs going with them is making me look else where for future purchases.....

HT version is released, whilst it does look better than their prototype, its still not there for me. Glad I picked up this version.

At the relatively low price of these life size pieces I don’t even know why people are thinking there’s even a choice in the matter between Sideshow or Hot Toys.... just get both!

I did the same with Groot, but in that case the Hot Toys easily trumped the Sideshow version.

But damn, accurate or not, that thing is cute.

And I just love this photo with Groot, with their respective ships behind them.

C9D331F8-1BC4-4A2B-AB72-7B94CE7F36F2.jpeg

At the relatively low price of these life size pieces I don’t even know why people are thinking there’s even a choice in the matter between Sideshow or Hot Toys.... just get both!

I did the same with Groot, but in that case the Hot Toys easily trumped the Sideshow version.

But damn, accurate or not, that thing is cute.

And I just love this photo with Groot, with their respective ships behind them.

View attachment 505664

I did order both, my sideshow version is having a custom case made which should be here very soon, the HT version might find himself displayed in a scout troopers pack.

How anyone can say this thing isn't one of the most accurate recreations ever produced, is beyond me. The fact that it was done by Legacy themselves, and that Sideshow have been able to deliver the quality they have, is incredible.

In hand, it's amazing.

These were taken in natural shaded light, so imagine with all the lighting on a set - it would look absolutely 100% like the real thing.

My only comment would be that the green color is a little too vibrant, and needed to be a bit more muted.

How anyone can say this thing isn't one of the most accurate recreations ever produced, is beyond me. The fact that it was done by Legacy themselves, and that Sideshow have been able to deliver the quality they have, is incredible.

In hand, it's amazing.

These were taken in natural shaded light, so imagine with all the lighting on a set - it would look absolutely 100% like the real thing.

My only comment would be that the green color is a little too vibrant, and needed to be a bit more muted.

It being produced in conjunction with Legacy Effects has on more than one occasion been to its detriment when it comes to Sideshow pieces (as the gap between prototype to production has been greater than the usual discrepancy). So that in itself isn’t worth as much as one might think.

Anyway do we know for a fact how much Legacy was actually involved in the ‘prototype’s’ creation? Let alone production which was probably nil.

I currently have this little guy right in front of me, and from a respectable viewing distance it looks near perfect; but up close is where you can see that they’ve fallen short by quite a bit from the prototype. That said I love this little guy, and don’t regret the purchase one bit.

It being produced in conjunction with Legacy Effects has on more than one occasion been to its detriment when it comes to Sideshow pieces (as the gap between prototype to production has been greater than the usual discrepancy). So that in itself isn’t worth as much as one might think.

Anyway do we know for a fact how much Legacy was actually involved in the ‘prototype’s’ creation? Let alone production which was probably nil.

I currently have this little guy right in front of me, and from a respectable viewing distance it looks near perfect; but up close is where you can see that they’ve fallen short by quite a bit from the prototype. That said I love this little guy, and don’t regret the purchase one bit.

Yup - here's the head of Legacy going over the whole process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hNCFWC_ki4

I sent a friend one of the photos I posted above - he sent back one he took... I fell over laughing, while also feeling completely disturbed!

Fantastic pictures Mandible! I'm getting mine today. :panic:

Not sure how I feel about a little Grogu crawling out of the throne though.... :rotfl

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

If only the paint work carried over from the prototype, but that?s the norm.

Honestly I was pretty happy with the paint overall considering that it's a Sideshow piece. Definitely overdid the rosy cheeks/ears a bit. There was zero chance it would 100% match that proto.

The thing that has perhaps started to bother me most is Sideshow's failure to punch in hair on his ears.

Just got mine today! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece. I am actually even more impressed with it than I thought I would be. Looks even closer to the show in person than what I saw online. I think the one I got was from a later batch as the pink didn't appear to be quite as strong as those initial photos. It was still a bit more than to my liking, so I used an eraser and toned it down a bit (as well as the eyes a tad). Of course I managed to F--- up a little bit on his left eye; I had it almost perfect but I tend to be a perfectionist so I tried to take off a little more and then now there is a lighter green spot there relative to the surrounding area. Honestly not super noticeable but still pissed I didn't quit when I was ahead. :lol

Other than that (which was my own doing), no complaints. Once you get the his lil' coat properly futzed too, it looks so damn good. Good thing he has it for those outdoor pictures; with windchill it's like -40 C here right now.

PXL_20210209_204135623.jpgPXL_20210209_213829871.jpgPXL_20210209_214158719.jpgPXL_20210209_214210746.jpgPXL_20210209_214224379.jpg

I’ve got three of those Mattel pieces, and now with having the Sideshow one, and the Hot Toys in a few months I’m going to have to pack those guys away.

Back