Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having some head tilt really adds a lot of character. Brings it to life even more so. Looks excellent skyler!

Looks great. My second the child has turned up which I'm going to modify as I cancelled the hot toys one but it has green paint splats on the ears, so it's being exchanged. So have to wait a little longer until I mod my second child. The first I'm keeping him as is. I have bought 2 of these camera tripod's as I want to modify his legs also.

Well I've had this piece for just over a month and I am already deciding to sell it off. Still looks incredible but I had preordered in the middle of Mando S2 hype and long term, I don't think this is something I NEED in the collection. I thought that upon opening it so that tells me enough. The show is great but it isn't one of my be all end all favorites.

Plus when you decide to break into the Prime 1 scene, a lot has got to go. :lol

has anyone in the UK received this yet? It was supposed to be this month, then pushed to June and now it says August for me

has anyone in the UK received this yet? It was supposed to be this month, then pushed to June and now it says August for me

Hi, my first turned up with blotchy ears so was returned for an exchange. Pics on pages 113-114. He's now on display with a like master replicas custom display case and plaque. I ordered the hot toys but I hate the big hangs and ear seems so that was cancelled for a second sideshow the child for me to modify, this has turned up with green overspray spots on the ears so is being returned for an exchange then will be modified to have articulation both hands and feet.

Hi, my first turned up with blotchy ears so was returned for an exchange. Pics on pages 113-114. He's now on display with a like master replicas custom display case and plaque. I ordered the hot toys but I hate the big hangs and ear seems so that was cancelled for a second sideshow the child for me to modify, this has turned up with green overspray spots on the ears so is being returned for an exchange then will be modified to have articulation both hands and feet.

did you order direct from sideshow?

Finally got my Grogu (still need to get used to the name) set up and he looks pretty darn cool.

I'm leaning towards doing some articulation surgery in the future but right now, just enjoying the little fella.

Added the necklace offered from a fellow Freak and it looks great.

Grogu 1 sm.jpg

Oh oh... He somehow has discovered the hidden camera in the cargo hold...

Grogu 2.jpg

So how many of these do you think are going to exist at the end of the day? How many will Sideshow produce?

The fact that it's not numbered, Sideshow has done extra marketing for it to draw in average/non-collectors, and that it's of one of the most popular characters of the past few years tells me that this will be an easy piece for people to grab later on down the road.

So how many of these do you think are going to exist at the end of the day? How many will Sideshow produce?

The fact that it's not numbered, Sideshow has done extra marketing for it to draw in average/non-collectors, and that it's of one of the most popular characters of the past few years tells me that this will be an easy piece for people to grab later on down the road.

They are going to make an insane number of these. With no edition size I could see them producing it for years to come. Once they run out just put another run up for preorder. It will be a long time before it's ever worth more than what you pay I think.

There is always the risk that if they need to kick-start another release of this statue, that it may not exactly match up with the original release. We've see this with their 1/6th scaled figures, where it is either the paint apps or materials that change from the original and not always for the better. I think we are currently seeing it with their Mythos Obi Won figure, in particular.

Does anyone know of any acrylic display cases that'd fit this guy? Preferably from UK but will take what I can get.

I'm really, really impressed about how the articulation in the head completely takes this from looking really off to about as close as you can get to accurate. Wild to me that the ball jointed neck wasn't a standard issue part of this thing.

Back