Your Limit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to add to the fact that, not all pieces are made equal.
If a collection includes pieces like the Hulk PF, Thing PF & Abomination PF. Those pieces right there bite out a huge chunk out of space, not only by the piece itself but so does the colored box.

Just wanted to add to the fact that, not all pieces are made equal.
If a collection includes pieces like the Hulk PF, Thing PF & Abomination PF. Those pieces right there bite out a huge chunk out of space, not only by the piece itself but so does the colored box.

That's so true! My 1:1 ROTS MR Darth Vader helmet's box is huge! I can almost fit into it!

2 detolfs of 1/6 figures (3-4 per shelf) is my limit. This is down from 3 detolfs and numerous shelves of collectibles (not to mention a closet full of other toys).

I'm still working on getting there though since I have a lot of figures in storage that I need to sell (I should get to my goal by the end of the year).

Lol I guess that will never happen then :monkey2

Btw do you like hulk PF a lot better than hulk com?

It is hard to discuss taste but I think the PF is way better than the comiquette. Don't get me wrong though, the com is very good the pose is very dynamic but I like the face on the PF and he is heavy and bulky...

I'm sure some guys like the comiquette better but then everyone has a different taste...

When we built the house I drew up some plans to turn one of my office walls into a floor to ceiling display unit. It has 6 separate areas, each with sliding glass doors and 3 dimmable LED recessed lights in each section.

These photos haven't been updated as I have gotten about 5 new pieces since this, so I need to get on that!

albright-collection-02.jpg

albright-collection-04.jpg

:clap:clap bravo man, was thinking about something along the same line for my collection but still in planning stage. how tall are your ceilings??

So far I've decided that I'd probably stop at 30 pieces & rotate from there on. Selling the piece I like the least & just maintaining it around that amount.

Impressive set-up btw Corrose!

Another question, does anyone here throw away the art boxes?

we don't have a limit on statues... our limits are:
- SS: only exclusive PFs
- all other companies: only game-related
and of course, only things we both really like :)

So far I've decided that I'd probably stop at 30 pieces & rotate from there on. Selling the piece I like the least & just maintaining it around that amount.

Impressive set-up btw Corrose!

Another question, does anyone here throw away the art boxes?

I have never throw away the boxes. But when you are keeping 30 and rotating, you have to ask, what is the theme of your collection? I have seen a lot of collector showing their collections, I think having a focus is very important. When you rotate part of the statue, I believe you have to think what does that imply to your set up.

Hmm....I guess my answer is the same as everybody else's. When the time comes that I no longer enjoy what I do, then it's time to stop. Right now I just collect my favorite Marvel characters, which sadly there are only 2-3 "must have" premium formats that I will buy unless a design completely blows me away. As for 1/6 I'm so deep in Hot Toys' butthole I don't think I'll ever quit buying them.

Back