Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a stack of the villains month issues as well as Forever Evil 1 but haven't read them yet as I haven't read Trinity War. Just ordered those issues online though so will get caught up soon hopefully. What's the general consensus on villains month? Been any good?

I think they have been ok, some better than others (Lobo for example was crap)
I do feel it's just a cash in exercise really though & you could skip them without missing out on anything.

Trinity War was ok but not as good as I'd hoped.
Will be interesting to see what comes of Forever Evil, not started on it yet as I'll get a couple of issues in the pile before I do.

I'm excited about the new GL mini series Light's Out more than anything else though.

Neil

Just got through this graphic novel and I thought it was superb.

Batman_Year_100_1.jpg

I was always curious for years what that was all about but never knew much about it, but recently Kyle Higgins mentioned it in his top 5 Batman stories and it sounded really good. Keep meaning to check it out.

I was always curious for years what that was all about but never knew much about it, but recently Kyle Higgins mentioned it in his top 5 Batman stories and it sounded really good. Keep meaning to check it out.

I was also curious as well and was told to give it try by the locals at my LCB store. I can say that the story was fantastic, it's a look at Batman in the year 2039 (hence 100 years from 1939 first appearence) in a goverment/federal secret set up deal gone wrong while "the batman of gotham" is to blame for it and he must figure out the puzzle of why it went wrong and clear his name. The artwork is an aquired taste, but it's got a underground/ grunge vibe to it. A definite recommend, plus there is a great little backstory added in the graphic novel that was called Berlin Batman.

Last edited:
I think they have been ok, some better than others (Lobo for example was crap)
I do feel it's just a cash in exercise really though & you could skip them without missing out on anything.

Trinity War was ok but not as good as I'd hoped.
Will be interesting to see what comes of Forever Evil, not started on it yet as I'll get a couple of issues in the pile before I do.

I'm excited about the new GL mini series Light's Out more than anything else though.

Neil

I'm just gonna start Trinity War, I think if I hadn't already bought Forever Evil and some of the Villains one shots I wouldn't have bothered. But if I don't like what I read I can always stick them on ebay and get my money back. I really started with the villains issues because originally I thought they were going to be backstory type things, didn't realise until the event started that they were basically connected to Forever Evil, which itself followed from Trinity War. So I was like "agh, need to catch up" :lol

I've been saying it for ages but I'm gonna start Green Lantern soon. When I get the chance and cash I'm gonna grab Rebirth and then make my way through Johns' run. Everybody raves about it.

I was also curious as well and was told to give it try by the locals at my LCB store. I can say that the story was fantastic, it's a look at Batman in the year 2039 (hence 100 years from 1939 first appearence) in a goverment/federal secret set up deal gone wrong while "the batman of gotham" is to blame for it and he must figure out the puzzle of why it went wrong and clear his name. The artwork is an aquired taste, but it's got a underground/ grunge vibe to it. A definite recommend, plus there is a great little backstory added in the graphic novel that was called Berlin Batman.

Sweet, sounds really cool. I've got so much I've been meaning to read lately but I'll definitely add it to my list. Sounds like my kind of thing. Thanks dude. :hi5:

Just thought I'd share another graphic novel that I just read and highly recommend. Penguin: Pain and Prejudice.

DC55149lg.jpg

I remember collecting the issues of that mini series, absolutely loved it. Penguin is so dark and terrifying in this. Love it.

Just read X-Men #12....The original that is with the Juggernaut and Professor X origin story. It was cool to read the original young X-Men as they were written back then compared to how they are written in All New X-Men today. I think Bendis is doing a good job with them and he brings the same tone and characteristics of the team that the old books had.

Just read inifinity incoming & marvel universe the end

Incoming was okay as a set up of kinds but I could have skipped it as I mainly stick to complete stories at tpb's.

The end was a great story, I'm a huge marvel cosmic fan and this was one of the better stories I've read.

I only got into tpb's this year and have quite a good collection imo, a few to come next week then I'll post some pics of them all as it's better than a list of names imo. Looking forward to the infinity story when it's collected in tpb form and the book thanos redemption. All this started cause my girlfriend bought me the infinity gauntlet book and then I read annihilation

Latest haul:
Justice League Vol #3 HC
American Vampire vol #5 HC and
Fables Vol #7 HC.

Next month should be Death of the Family HCs.

Here's my current collection, any recommendations based on what i've got? Thinking about War of Kings TPB next.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awesome collection Ultron looks very similar to mine ;) lol

I do see you are missing the second Annihilators book Earthfall & recommend getting that :)

I assume you like your cosmic?

Would you consider DC at all??
The Green Lantern stuff is almost as epic as marvels Cosmic & well worth reading

On the Marvel front then my main recommendations would be...

Secret Invasion
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Thor (J Michael Strazynscki's run is well worth reading sois Walter Simonson for the Beta Ray Bill stuff)
Beta Ray Bill's runs (Stormbreaker & Godhunter) are must buys as well but you may need to grab the individual issues for this as the TPB's go for stupid money.

That's about it off the top of my head as you already own some of the best there has been ;)

Neil

EDIT - What am I saying...the early Guardians stuff, realm of Kings, War of kings are musts as well, I'm still not quite up to date with those arcs but what I have looks awesome
Can't believe I forgot them :slap

Latest comic was Batman #24 Year Zero. Amazing read. I tell you, Snyder and Capullo keep hitting it out of the park every time. Their partnership is going to go down in Batman history as one of the all time greats.

BM_Cv24_ytiv9l77ta_.jpg

Just read through Coffin Hill #1, Walking Dead #115, and the 10th anniversary edition of Walking Dead #1.

Really enjoyed both Coffin Hill and the new colorings for WD#1. WD#1 had some pretty interesting interviews and also some of the miscellaneous variants over the years for it. :hi5:

As for WD#115, 12 issues for "All Out War" seems to be rather long. Wonder what kinks are in the works to extend this event. :panic:

Awesome collection Ultron looks very similar to mine ;) lol

I do see you are missing the second Annihilators book Earthfall & recommend getting that :)

I assume you like your cosmic?

Would you consider DC at all??
The Green Lantern stuff is almost as epic as marvels Cosmic & well worth reading

On the Marvel front then my main recommendations would be...

Secret Invasion
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Thor (J Michael Strazynscki's run is well worth reading sois Walter Simonson for the Beta Ray Bill stuff)
Beta Ray Bill's runs (Stormbreaker & Godhunter) are must buys as well but you may need to grab the individual issues for this as the TPB's go for stupid money.

That's about it off the top of my head as you already own some of the best there has been ;)

Neil

EDIT - What am I saying...the early Guardians stuff, realm of Kings, War of kings are musts as well, I'm still not quite up to date with those arcs but what I have looks awesome
Can't believe I forgot them :slap

Thanks bud, pretty much what i'm looking at getting too :) i only collect TPB's tho so will have to take my time and look for some good deals on the pricey ones. Also getting Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet TPB, and want to get this but it's only as a HC atm, anyone know if will be released as a TPB?
9780785168386_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Thanks bud, pretty much what i'm looking at getting too :) i only collect TPB's tho so will have to take my time and look for some good deals on the pricey ones. Also getting Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet TPB, and want to get this but it's only as a HC atm, anyone know if will be released as a TPB?
9780785168386_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Keep an eye on Ebay you can get some bargains from time to time.
I picked up Secret Invasion for about £4 plus postage :)
I actually managed to get GL Blackest Night HC still sealed (not mentioned in the auction) for £9 delivered :yess::yess:

They are all there just need to look :)

I would expect that Nova to go to TPB soon.
It's a very new title so the HC will launch first & then they will make it in TPB a little while after (just like normal books) so just bide your time.

In the meantime why not get the Nova TPB that fits into the Annihilation arc...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nova-Ann...gazines_Graphic_Novels_ET&hash=item20d93254ac

Neil

Just read through Coffin Hill #1, Walking Dead #115, and the 10th anniversary edition of Walking Dead #1.

Really enjoyed both Coffin Hill and the new colorings for WD#1. WD#1 had some pretty interesting interviews and also some of the miscellaneous variants over the years for it. :hi5:

As for WD#115, 12 issues for "All Out War" seems to be rather long. Wonder what kinks are in the works to extend this event. :panic:

I picked up Coffin Hill too as it sounded quite interesting, although I've not read it yet. I take it it was worth reading then?

Just read Batman 24. Wow. Loved every second of it. Zero Year is shaping up to be really special. Also the Batsuit looks awesome, I love the throwbacks to the original 1939 costume. Everything about this issue made me smile. I'm dreading the day when Snyder and Capullo leave the book.

Back