Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41vxctAvlLL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I bounce between books, but right now I'm reading Batman Knightfall (actually for the first time) and Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow.

Thoroughly enjoying both!

I started pulling Providence but haven't read it yet.

I'm enjoying Providence so far.

Read Neonomicon and was a bit disappointed.
I'm glad I didn't read that first, it would've turned me off Providence. I found the story very basic and not very engaging. I know they were trying to make a point about sexuality, Lovecraft and monsters with tentacles, but still, it felt sophomoric.
Providence so far seems much much better.

And here's a song for ya:

So I just read through Dark Horse's crossover "Fire and Stone" series (Aliens, AvP, Predator and Prometheus).
Not a bad read, actually. The weakest was (surprise surprise) the AvP story. I thought the art was poor, and the story was just awkward. The others are pretty good.

Providence 5 was quite good.

Wife got me the following last night:
Grayson Vol 1
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 and 2
Alias Vol 1

Then for comic book day I picked up all of the next Star Wars issues, Paper Girls #1, Dr Strange #1, Invincible Ironman #1, and Amazing Spiderman #1

Finished Marvel's original Secret Wars run.....wasn't impressed.

Finished Marvel's Age of Ultron run.....WAS impressed. Best run I read in a while.

If you want good packaging for tp then order from instocktrades.com

Thanks man.
They usually show up good enough if amazon uses a cardboard mailer but when they use a bubble envelope I usually end up with cracked spines and damaged covers. I've asked for replacements and they just show up the same way so I stopped...

Finished Marvel's original Secret Wars run.....wasn't impressed.

I read that in the 80's... I was big into black suit spider-man back then.
It was pretty awesome when marvel was changing the logo to black suit spidey. :duff

Thanks man.
They usually show up good enough if amazon uses a cardboard mailer but when they use a bubble envelope I usually end up with cracked spines and damaged covers. I've asked for replacements and they just show up the same way so I stopped...

I read that in the 80's... I was big into black suit spider-man back then.
It was pretty awesome when marvel was changing the logo to black suit spidey. :duff

I wasn't even old enough to read when it came out, so I think for me it was probably one of those things where it just felt dated to me. I'm sure it caused a lot of hype back then though. But yeah, that suit stole the show. That was the coolest moment for me. Doom getting all cosmic-ly powerful was pretty awesome too.

I remember reading Secret Wars when it came out and I was losing my mind will everything that happened in it. :lol New suit Spidey was a huge deal at the time. Plus, it made Doom a serious force to be reckoned with instead of just the guy that the Fantastic Four beat all the time.

Anyone have any good Halloween-ish comics that you recommend to read? Was going to pick up the Trick 'r Treat paperback. Any others worth remembering adding that fit with the season? :wave

Spider-Gwen #1 sucked
Chewie #1 was pretty good but glad it is a small run
Shattered Empire #3 continues to be meh
Aliens Vampirella #1 and #2 ****ing awesome
Ms Marvel #19 still my favorite Marvel run so far

Also finally grabbed the new Jessica Jones vol #1. LOVE this series so far, it is a shame it took me this long to finally start reading it.

Last edited:
Spider-Gwen #1 sucked
Chewie #1 was pretty good but glad it is a small run
Shattered Empire #3 continues to be meh
Aliens Vampirella #1 and #2 ****ing awesome
Ms Marvel #19 still my favorite Marvel run so far

Also finally grabbed the new Jessica Jones vol #1. LOVE this series so far, it is a shame it took me this long to finally start reading it.

Also read Aliens Vampirella, it's fun, but I'm not really hooked yet.

Broken Moon is pretty good. I love the art.

Finished the Death of Wolverine and finishing all of the associated side titles. REALLY good stuff.

I honestly enjoyed the Logan Legacy and the Life After Logan series' the best. It was an interesting read seeing how friends and foes coped with his death and how it affected everyone. Highly recommended and would LOVE to see this go to the big screen. I know it won't, but I can hope.

Back