yoda 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty good, but the SS Yoda looks like he needs to go on a diet and drop a few pounds.:

yodabust05dn2ti2.jpg

epv2yj0.jpg

carbo-fation said:
I actually might buy this! It looks awesome!

The official pic from SS doesn't look as good as some of the shots that were taken of the actual piece at the show IMHO.

Seriously tempted to get this, but it would require cancelling Dagobah Luke, what do ya'll think, good call?

Agent0028 said:
Seriously tempted to get this, but it would require cancelling Dagobah Luke, what do ya'll think, good call?

That is what I am doing. Although that certainly doesn't make it good. :lol

It looks awesome, I'll be getting this. It looks like my credit card is doomed forever.

It's this or the GG life size statue that was at last year's SDCC. If there's no new news on GG's, I'll be getting this.

BEAUTIFUL! This one is a no brainer along with the 1/4 Luke & Yoda, and GG 1:1 Yoda. Awesome work Sideshow!! Change SDCC to SSCC!! :chew

Im impressed they did a good job the only thing missing is his necklace.I wonder how much he will cost id get it but I still prefer my think jedi head nothing compares to that.

Nice job sideshow.:chew

Billy

Last edited:
elwood49 said:
That looks pretty good, but the SS Yoda looks like he needs to go on a diet and drop a few pounds.:

I'm always suspicious of photos that make a face look wider or fuller than it should look, because that can be a simple function of the focal length of the camera and not what it really looks like in person (I think the photos from the Con of the PF Luke and Yoda show this, since Yoda's face there looks less "spread out" in them than in the earlier pics).

That's actually part of the phenomenon where the camera "adds ten pounds"...it can literally widen the subject like a funhouse mirror.

I'm not saying for sure that's what's happening here, and I think if he does look that "overweight" I'll pass, but I'll be curious to see what other photos show.

[later edit]

I went back and looked at GH.com's photo of the Maul bust (which I can compare to the real thing) and noted the photo makes him look like he has an enormous forehead...I mean, like it has its own weather systems. That makes me feel better about the Yoda shots.

Back