Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
Re: Let's all make atleast one Luke Excl Thread Each!

I have to say, I'm glad people are happy to get these things, but when there's already a dedicate thread going, what's the point of staring one just to say ya I got it, honestly.

I'm surprised it was as easy as it was. With probably only 10% of the edition size reserved for Non-Attendees, that would only leave 600 for those of us not going.

I do agree they may have leftovers for folks that ordered the Attendee edition, but don't pick it up. But this way, I know for sure I've got one!

Collector Freak said:
I think it's disgusting that the price increases. It's not like that helps cover shipping and handling either.
You dont pay tax like all the attendees do , well unless you live in CA.

MaulFan said:
I have to say, I'm glad people are happy to get these things, but when there's already a dedicate thread going, what's the point of staring one just to say ya I got it, honestly.

I;'d have to agree with you there. hence my sarcasm.

deanandre said:
I'm surprised it was as easy as it was. With probably only 10% of the edition size reserved for Non-Attendees, that would only leave 600 for those of us not going.

I do agree they may have leftovers for folks that ordered the Attendee edition, but don't pick it up. But this way, I know for sure I've got one!

Nah, that is just the least they set aside (mostly for SDCC). Even Patient Zero who as limited to 300 had 50 figures set aside for non-attendees. Now that was a stressful pre-order (before PPO days!) There is at least a thousand (or 2 or 3) being set aside for Non-attendees. This would already be sold out if there was only 600.

I'm going to make a thread for each of the letters in YAVIN LUKE, so look forward to 9 new threads !!!! :chew :chew

MaulFan said:
I fully agree. There's no need for multiple threads that don't really differ from one another at all.

mfoga said:
You dont pay tax like all the attendees do , well unless you live in CA.

Yeah that is true so the price really isn't all that increased. And we just have to pay shipping no way around that. Besides it is always cheaper than going to the convention (although less fun). I doubt many people even open Luke while staying at the hotel or wherever. I know I didn't open any SDCC exclusives last year till I got home for fear of losing or forgetting anything! :eek:

Sorry, I can't make a new Luke thread. I am too busy making a new Doom thread in the Marvel section. :maul

Buttmunch said:
Nah, that is just the least they set aside (mostly for SDCC). Even Patient Zero who as limited to 300 had 50 figures set aside for non-attendees. Now that was a stressful pre-order (before PPO days!) There is at least a thousand (or 2 or 3) being set aside for Non-attendees. This would already be sold out if there was only 600.
Yeah they'll be more then just 600, they always adjust the number for really sought after exclusive items. I'm thinking it will be 1200 for Non-attendees.

I find it a little amusing that for lack of creativity or whatever, they still call the hands "saber grip" and "force push" when neither name really applies to this instance of the character. Just throwing that out there for those who get a chuckle out of simple things such as that like I do.

Cocoboloboy said:
Smooth preorder. Used my reward points since it's shipping so early and I have a ton of other stuff on preorder.
I just called SS to see if I could use my rewards points on the preorder. They stated no points can be used for discount exclusives, and that the "apply your rewards points" link on the preorder page is a default link that won't actually be honored when they charge your card. Oh well. I ordered one anyway.

It interesting that Sideshow still hasn't released a two pack. Celebration seemed like a good time to do so. Padme and Leia in ceremony gear would have been a good one.

Collector Freak said:
It interesting that Sideshow still hasn't released a two pack. Celebration seemed like a good time to do so. Padme and Leia in ceremony gear would have been a good one.

It would be very elaborate packaging, but if they hadn't released the Leia they've alreayd PPO'ed, I'd say put that and farm boy Luke in a 2 pack posed in the blister like the original ANH Artwork with the remaining poster art elements in the backdrop, that'd make for a nice display for the MIB collectors.

Buttmunch said:

Gotcha. That makes a lot more sense, as I don't know if there would be 5400 Attendees that would necessarily purchase this. He's still available for purchase 22 minutes later, so I'm sure you are right.

I wonder if they'll announce how many were reserved for Non-Attendees.

By the way, I missed out on the original Patient Zero due to the low edition size. But missing that first one made it easy to pass on the other releases. A blessing in disguise...

Khev said:
I just called SS to see if I could use my rewards points on the preorder. They stated no points can be used for discount exclusives, and that the "apply your rewards points" link on the preorder page is a default link that won't actually be honored when they charge your card. Oh well. I ordered one anyway.

Rewards points are EARNED from purchases, not given because you're cool or have a certain color hat. They should be redeemable for ANY product you order.
BS to think that you can only use your cost driven points on what SS wants to sell you.

kodiak8658 said:
Rewards points are EARNED from purchases, not given because you're cool or have a certain color hat. They should be redeemable for ANY product you order.
BS to think that you can only use your cost driven points on what SS wants to sell you.

Sideshow does everything to benefit one entity: Themselves.

Back