XM Studios Venom 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
927d8b492c361e0ac630de354cf96fa8.jpg

Here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best I could do . The original statue was leaning forward more and had more of a leaning side angle.

3a1ee3de799e499df22e242b047785e3.jpg

I think this makes the difference quite pronounced. Personally I prefer the leaning pose because it offers more presence and dynamism to the statue. The one on the right feels quite dead; yes he's posing there with his tongue out looking menacing and all, but that's the thing. He's posing there, there's no movement, no lunge like what the concept art led us to expect of the statue. Disappointed, I will wait till I get this on hand before passing any judgement, but I was hoping for this one to be my XM grail. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen anymore. If anything, I've still got the bust on po too.

I think this makes the difference quite pronounced. Personally I prefer the leaning pose because it offers more presence and dynamism to the statue. The one on the right feels quite dead; yes he's posing there with his tongue out looking menacing and all, but that's the thing. He's posing there, there's no movement, no lunge like what the concept art led us to expect of the statue. Disappointed, I will wait till I get this on hand before passing any judgement, but I was hoping for this one to be my XM grail. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen anymore. If anything, I've still got the bust on po too.

I don't think the original one showed at the first convention was complete since it had screws holding it to the base. I also think in the long run this fix with the new pose we won't have to worry with the statue leaning or falling over you get to see more of the portrait which all three are stunning.

Sell it to me if you don't like it. :lecture :lol

But seriously, I can appreciate the concern - I see it. But at eye level, I really think the change was needed to help appreciate the sculpt.

The other pose was way too unbalanced and it would definitely be a concern for leaning especially with how heavy their statues are.

The new pose shows more of the statue off, that leaning pose would require you to put him on a high self in order to see him properly... And to be honest that leaning pose brings back nightmares of SS statues that have leaned in the past because that's what it would look like :horror

That forward leaning pose looks like it's straight out of the comics. Too bad they couldn't engineer it so that it would be balanced and without issues of creeping over time.

The new pose shows more of the statue off, that leaning pose would require you to put him on a high self in order to see him properly... And to be honest that leaning pose brings back nightmares of SS statues that have leaned in the past because that's what it would look like :horror

That's exactly what I've been saying. :lecture

Agreed.

The more I look at the new improvement the more I love it.

Would be really cool for someone to make a custom coh holder for those extra portraits. Shame to put them away in the box and not have them constantly showing.

Back