XM Studios Venom 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a huge metal rod in it

Yeah, but long term, between an arm or leg, I feel like stress fractures or something will develop, just because of the crazy pose it's in. I'm no physics major obviously, but it's just common nature to think you sacrifice something as result. Not saying that's true, but the concern is there.

Pretty sure that's why they changed the angle, even with the huge metal rod in him, this makes him lean a lot less forward and put extra stress on his front leg, now that he's more upright the statue's weight will be more naturally distributed evenly to both legs so there shouldn't be any leaning issues now.

Pretty sure that's why they changed the angle, even with the huge metal rod in him, this makes him lean a lot less forward and put extra stress on his front leg, now that he's more upright the statue's weight will be more naturally distributed evenly to both legs so there shouldn't be any leaning issues now.

I hope you're right.

I am pretty sure Venom will never go down to retail. Even with SS and Prime 1 making their own offerings. He is a favourite character for many. He looks killer in statue form and XM did an excellent job. There is no hype up needed for this particular piece. While I can agree that some XMs may get close to retail this one I highly doubt will ever have that occur.

Thanos is a pretty popular character and that statue is pretty awesome, yet I've seen it go for as low as $850 shipped and seems to regularly go for $1k or less now. There's a lot of Venom coming out with Prime included and ppl still love the old comi too. If Prime ends up coming up with something better than SS and XM, everyone will clamor for that one. I don't see anything super unique from XM on this that would justify most ppl spending over $1k for it when SS and Prime will be less.

Thanos is a pretty popular character and that statue is pretty awesome, yet I've seen it go for as low as $850 shipped and seems to regularly go for $1k or less now. There's a lot of Venom coming out with Prime included and ppl still love the old comi too. If Prime ends up coming up with something better than SS and XM, everyone will clamor for that one. I don't see anything super unique from XM on this that would justify most ppl spending over $1k for it when SS and Prime will be less.

I'm still waiting for Prime. They need to come up big IMO, with the wait they've been doing.

Hmmm. Good catch.

Anyone else concerned with some of these dynamically-posed pieces long term and their stability?

Like SSCs Spider-Man - I'm waiting for the day that he starts to droop. :lol

Not when it comes to XM your statues are really stable really well-built and really well-designed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not when it comes to XM your statues are really stable really well-built and really well-designed.

Yeah, I guess it's just something you have to be confident with. I have a Prime 1 piece - with a similar 'concern' - but paying $2k vs. $600 doesn't really change that for me.

Yeah, I guess it's just something you have to be confident with. I have a Prime 1 piece - with a similar 'concern' - but paying $2k vs. $600 doesn't really change that for me.

I have quite a few prime 1 both are great company said put extra time and quality in their pieces so I don't for see any real issues

I have quite a few prime 1 both are great company said put extra time and quality in their pieces so I don't for see any real issues

I like that. :rock :rock :rock

I just get pessimistic sometimes.

There's a big difference in the texturing between SS and XM's.... plus you'll probably have 4000+ of SS version where as XM will be limited to the 999..... Have to wait and see what Prime 1 comes up with....

awesome they had all three displayed but is it just me (my device) or is the quality super bad? 240p?

really hope the straight upright display is an option

Best I could do . The original statue was leaning forward more and had more of a leaning side angle.

3a1ee3de799e499df22e242b047785e3.jpg

Nice! Thanks for that.

I definitely prefer the one on the right. The lean I think obstructs the appreciation for the sculpt.

Back