Xm Studios Selling Restrictions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SimplyToys No Longer shipping XM WorldWide

Lawyers cost money. XM stuff will sell regardless. Life will go on for SS, ST, XM and Disney. They'll all still make their money, and they don't care about this. The only people who care are the ones who can't get their statues. So I guess you'll have to lawyer up.

By the way, I love XM statues, but this is business.

I got the email as well very disappointed with this situation even my 1/6 XM HMO statue on pre-order will be canceled.

You mean it´s better to discuss a problem like that with guys who want to see XM down? Do i really trust in the post? :rotfl

Don't worry XM are going nowhere. :yess:

I keep hearing people say they were flaunting it but not once did I witness that. I had to work pretty hard for all my pieces and non were purchased at retail. I dont see how Disney or SS can control a retailer like simply toys. Im pretty sure they can sell to whoever they want. Im not a licensing attorney but I do have my JD and imo sounds like XM should lawyer up. I can easily see some of these foreign entities getting punked around because they dont have the resources to fight it. Im not on the inside so I could b way off but it looks to me like disney sold a limited license to xm. XM only sold within their territory but outside retailers chose to ship outside the territory at a small markup. I dont see an issue.

It does seem really odd that XM can dictate to stores who they're allowed to sell to. I'm assuming it's an issue where laws there are much more restrictive than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does seem really odd that XM can dictate to stores who they're allowed to sell to. I'm assuming it's an issue where laws there are much more restrictive than here.

Licensing regulations...

The first rule about buying XM statues in the U.S....

I did. :mad:

Anyone happen to know if customs fees have to be paid by the recipient in Germany if an order is shipped directly from XM to a friend in Germany?

Yes, we also have to pay customs on items not coming out of the EU. So also in this case you will have to add around 25%.

How does Secret Compass get their stock? Didn't receive a email from them yet regarding my Blackbolt PO

It doesn't change a thing as far as XM is concerned. Their pieces will still sell out because of the low edition sizes on their merch. However, anyone in the U.S. is now going to have a much harder time securing XM pieces

:lecture

Another day another dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back