[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Phoenix is a must have, once this sells out I doubt you'll pick her up cheaper then $2k+ on ebay.... Now SS Jean you'll be able to pick that up 5 years later Ebay for like $200 :)

I want to get both. One to go with my XM Wolverine, and the other to go with SS Cyclops. Obviously Cyke will be displayed with the younger, vibrant, gorgeous XM version of Jean, while Wolvie will get stuck with the older, experienced version. Cyclops always attracts the smoking hot ones, so comic accuracy be damned. :lol

As much as I like SS Jean, it would totally suck if I miss out on Phoenix. Then Cyke and Logan are gonna have to fight it out over the "fugly" one. :(

:lol

To be fair, Hot Toys did show off the Helicarrier during SDCC at a much smaller scale.

Am I crazy for still wanting to pick up SS's Jean and XM Phoenix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are crazy for wanting Jean after Phoenix is up for PO :horror

I want to get both. One to go with my XM Wolverine, and the other to go with SS Cyclops. Obviously Cyke will be displayed with the younger, vibrant, gorgeous XM version of Jean, while Wolvie will get stuck with the older, experienced version. Cyclops always attracts the smoking hot ones, so comic accuracy be damned. :lol

As much as I like SS Jean, it would totally suck if I miss out on Phoenix. Then Cyke and Logan are gonna have to fight it out over the "fugly" one. :(

:rotfl classic

Yes, you are crazy for wanting Jean after Phoenix is up for PO :horror

I like her. But I'd like her even more if SS updates her sculpt, eyes, and adds a light-up feature in her forehead. :pray: I figure I'd cover all my bases just in case I miss out on Phoenix. :monkey3

Now enough about SS Jean. Have XM mentioned how wide the wingspan is for Phoenix? I'm guessing that it won't fit in a besta judging by the way she was displayed diagonally during STGCC?

XM-Studios-Marvel-Premium-Collectibles-Statue-Phoenix-e1409929163674.jpg

I like her. But I'd like her even more if SS updates her sculpt, eyes, and adds a light-up feature in her forehead. :pray: I figure I'd cover all my bases just in case I miss out on Phoenix. :monkey3

Now enough about SS Jean. Have XM mentioned how wide the wingspan is for Phoenix? I'm guessing that it won't fit in a besta judging by the way she was displayed diagonally during STGCC?

View attachment 138654

It can be as wide as Angel comiquette and I'd still find a special place for her :bunnydanc

Call me crazy but I might try to get two of her. Not for resale, not because I'm greedy. Because I just think she is that good. I want to make sure I have her and can display her wherever the Phoenix is summoned

Call me crazy but I might try to get two of her. Not for resale, not because I'm greedy. Because I just think she is that good. I want to make sure I have her and can display her wherever the Phoenix is summoned

Not crazy at all, she comes with 2 heads, perfect legit reason to get a 2nd one.

I have this one friend who always have to buy two of any low ES statue that he wants. The first one is for display while the second one stay unopened. He will gladly talk about his Sideshow when anyone shows interest in them in his house, but it always end up him taking people to the other room full of unopened Sideshow boxes. He doesn't even open the brown shipper itself and gets this "high" feeling of how much it must be worth! "DUDE! FAWKING UNOPENED XXXXXX EX EDITION!" Sometimes I wonder if he actually enjoys the unopened brown shipper than the sideshow statues he have on display in the other room...

I think you might get this "high" like him just to have an unopened XM Phoenix and wondering how much it will be worth in the future. His best "high" unopened brown shipper at the moment is the ARH Medusa Rattle. This dude just won't stop talking about how much it can sell on Ebay.

Damn man! I would settle for just one...

I know! :lol:

Hearing that this piece might be the most expensive one is making me a bit nervous but also pretty excited. The detail on her is absolutely insane! I wouldn't even mind it if XM decided to change the base so the shipping box would be smaller. Maybe have her coming out of the water or from a ball of flames.

Can you imagine what it'll be like if XM ever decided to tackle heavy hitters like Graviton, Count Nefaria, or Absorbing Man to go with the main Avengers? Wow. But seeing that Ant Man is still available, would they still sell out? I don't see SS doing those characters any time soon.

I have this one friend who always have to buy two of any low ES statue that he wants. The first one is for display while the second one stay unopened. He will gladly talk about his Sideshow when anyone shows interest in them in his house, but it always end up him taking people to the other room full of unopened Sideshow boxes. He doesn't even open the brown shipper itself and gets this "high" feeling of how much it must be worth! "DUDE! FAWKING UNOPENED XXXXXX EX EDITION!" Sometimes I wonder if he actually enjoys the unopened brown shipper than the sideshow statues he have on display in the other room...

I think you might get this "high" like him just to have an unopened XM Phoenix and wondering how much it will be worth in the future. His best "high" unopened brown shipper at the moment is the ARH Medusa Rattle. This dude just won't stop talking about how much it can sell on Ebay.

But isn't he screwed since he didn't inspect them? What if they came broken or flawed?

Yeah misb statues make no sense to me. I am hesitant to buy anything misb from a second or third party.

Not crazy at all. Have you considered converting one to Dark Phoenix ? It'd be sick !! Then you'd have one to be displayed with the heroes and one to go with the villains. That's what I would do if I had enough money to pick two Phoenix statues.

Since I like SS Jean Grey I will probably get her to go with the rest of the SS X-Men team while Phoenix will have a special spot apart from them as she might take a lot of space and well... she deserves all atention anyway.

Hopefully XM will use translucent resin for the bird which would look pretty awesome.

Back