[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To XM: please make your faces less anime, and I will by them. That is the only downfall to the sculpts. Everything else looks great.

:exactly: That's what I didn't like about the Captain America statue, that and the fact its fully sculpted :( no denying the quality though...paint apps look spot on!

:exactly: That's what I didn't like about the Captain America statue, that and the fact its fully sculpted :( no denying the quality though...paint apps look spot on!

It doesn't look anime in person. Cap's eyes are a little narrowed, but it comes across as determination/firm resolve more than anime in person. That being said, I think the Black Widow did look more anime when it was painted and hope the new sculpt makes it less so.

It doesn't look anime in person. Cap's eyes are a little narrowed, but it comes across as determination/firm resolve more than anime in person. That being said, I think the Black Widow did look more anime when it was painted and hope the new sculpt makes it less so.

Not taking anything away from it Mike, it looks awesome. I guess its just a natural thing for me to keep comparing against the original Sideshow Cap PF which is prob one of the finest Caps out there and that portrait looks more realistic compared to the XM version

7a7ajaqe.jpg

Very cool and bold.

Wow, this is looking good so far. Hopefully the face ends up better than on some of their other releases. Cockrum/Byrne X-team members could persuade me to buy one of their statues.

Maybe XM can get Eric to do a portrait for Phoenix since he's already doing one for Antman :) That would make this phoenix a grail...

I love the portrait on this as it is now. Why does everyone want to make XM SS?????

You all know it IS OK to be different than another company.....right???????

Gosh damn....people act like if it isn't SS realistic...then the statue automatically becomes garbage or something.

If anyone has a problem with the face of Jean Gray (Phoenix)...then stick with the SS version.....lord knows that looks more realistic (notice the sarcasm here).

I love the portrait on this as it is now. Why does everyone want to make XM SS?????

Gosh damn....people act like if it isn't SS realistic...then the statue automatically becomes garbage or something.

If anyone has a problem with the face of Jean Gray (Phoenix)...then stick with the SS version.....lord knows that looks more realistic (notice the sarcasm here).

I don't think we've seen a portrait yet, just an artist sketch.... As for the sketch it looks fine if XM duplicates it which I'm sure they will, but that doesn't change the fact that Eric is an incredible sculptor and it would be pretty awesome to get him to do at least a second portrait for Phoenix...

BTW, I think Captain Americas portrait came out great, and I loved the tweaks they have done to Black Widow also... That said their portraits of Robert Downy Jr and Paltrow on the IM Statue was not that great IMO... Now SS also has the same issues with sculpting real life people so it's not just an XM issue.

I am agree with you, each company has its own style.

It's like asking Bowen and Kotobukiya look like Sideshow, It's ridiculous.

It would be nice if we could simple have discussions about what we like without people like you getting uptight about opinions all the time. If someone says they love the statue but not the face as it looks a little too anime'ish for their tastes... so what? Why do you take it so personally? In this case, someone said they would love to see Sosa do the face sculpt. He is amazing and did a lot of kick ass Koto sculpts and is working on XM Antman.

Because Sideshow and their pump and dump ES lately have put a lot of old collectors off. Sideshow has turned into a mass market toy company -- look how much PF DC stuff has flooded ebay and isnt selling for much more than retail lately. I haven't bought from Sideshow in a while. With XM, the stuff is rare and the sculpts are beautiful so I will pick up their stuff until one day they turn into a mass market company and I am no longer interested. Think about it with Sideshow... who the heck wants a statue that 10,000 other people have? Not me. Not interested in Sideshow anymore. Nothing is really "collectible" with them anymore. I may buy some horror pfs if they dont overkill it but nothing to buy from them until then.

I'll still buy their DC products as they seem to hit the ball out of the park on 90% of their releases and the statues are still cheaper than XM. As long as their sculpts are solid and I can dig their designs I have no qualms of buying from SS. But their Marvel line has lagged far behind for far too long, and I am looking to switch to another producer to fill that part of my collection now.

Because Sideshow and their pump and dump ES lately have put a lot of old collectors off. Sideshow has turned into a mass market toy company -- look how much PF DC stuff has flooded ebay and isnt selling for much more than retail lately. I haven't bought from Sideshow in a while. With XM, the stuff is rare and the sculpts are beautiful so I will pick up their stuff until one day they turn into a mass market company and I am no longer interested. Think about it with Sideshow... who the heck wants a statue that 10,000 other people have? Not me. Not interested in Sideshow anymore. Nothing is really "collectible" with them anymore. I may buy some horror pfs if they dont overkill it but nothing to buy from them until then.

I will start phasing out my SS stuff for that same reason, and bad QC. I just have to send back Apoc, no replacement, here is $55 take it or return. At least with XM, they offer to fix the issue even if I have to pay for 1 way shipping, not with SS, I have at least 1 or 2 piece a year where I waited a year for the product and in the end they have crappy QC and won't fix it for me and I have to return it. It's frustrating and disappointing, takes all the fun out of collecting.

Back