[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having these two COH is not a deal breaker for me as I do like both portraits.

However, those who are adamant ...was this brought up on XM's Facebook?

It's been brought up in SF Phoenix thread and SF "Ask XM" thread, to which they have not responded. And I wouldn't expect a response until after the Thai Con.

It's been brought up in SF Phoenix thread and SF "Ask XM" thread, to which they have not responded. And I wouldn't expect a response until after the Thai Con.

Agreed. The Thai Con must have them busy for now.

The last thing anyone should do in regards to an XM piece is panic. They continue to prove if the fans/collectors speak up about something in a statue they'll make it right cause ultimately they care about what leaves the production line.

When this one is all said and done it will be owning collectors display rooms all over the world...this I'm sure of.

I get the concern about the portrait. That being said, can we get a few LED's up on this piece to display it?! :lol Her face is in the shadows! Someone hit the local IKEA for Dioders stat!

She will turn out spectacular... I have good feeling hahaha

The last thing anyone should do in regards to an XM piece is panic. They continue to prove if the fans/collectors speak up about something in a statue they'll make it right cause ultimately they care about what leaves the production line.

When this one is all said and done it will be owning collectors display rooms all over the world...this I'm sure of.

I get the concern about the portrait. That being said, can we get a few LED's up on this piece to display it?! :lol Her face is in the shadows! Someone hit the local IKEA for Dioders stat!

While I agree it isn't time to panic, I do believe that people voicing their concern need to do so now. If they are hoping to make change they need to let XM know what they want. It will always be the danger when you change a piece after the PO goes up that people will not like what you do. Unfortunately, this is one of their most anticipated pieces and the first head WAS SPECTACULAR, and that is the piece people ordered. It is different than say changes made before an unofficial preorder.

P.S. There are messages in to the owners so I assume their will be some news when the Con is done.

Last edited:
It certainly seems that some people like the new sculpt, but a lot don't. Nobody seemed to have any complaints about the original sculpt. It was magnificent. I doubt they destroyed every copy in order to resculpt the hair. It should be a pretty easy matter for XM to just go with the original if they see the displeasure by so many with the current one.

It certainly seems that some people like the new sculpt, but a lot don't. Nobody seemed to have any complaints about the original sculpt. It was magnificent. I doubt they destroyed every copy in order to resculpt the hair. It should be a pretty easy matter for XM to just go with the original if they see the displeasure by so many with the current one.

Well the better option is do 3 heads, like you said some like the new hair sculpt and the face is the same as the old one btw not to be confused. Anyway I for one love the hair on this new one we already have normal hair.

Oh man. Something was REALLY bugging me about this new portrait, and I've finally figured it out thanks to these two pics. The face is the same in the two portraits, and the hair has been changed. But look at the size of her iris on the newer head. They are tiny! The previous head was conveying so much more emotion because of the bigger eyes.

The same thing happened with Black Widow's eyes between the prototype and production, and I wasn't exactly happy about it then either. The eyes are probably the most important part of the statue to me, and the tiny iris just don't look right to me at all. What do you guys think?

Phoenix_zpsvz1hzxdj.jpg

7dddf09dcd8ad30b09422e65d9bce7e2_zpsbyx6epyt.jpg

Here is a comparison with the Black Widow eyes so you can see what I mean. Just for the record, I have BW and think she is absolutely stunning. I just happen to prefer the bigger eyes. They looker warmer and more natural to me.

2hejxwn.jpg

5fhzcm.jpg

Here is a comparison with the Black Widow eyes so you can see what I mean. Just for the record, I have BW and think she is absolutely stunning. I just happen to prefer the bigger eyes. They looker warmer and more natural to me.

2hejxwn.jpg

5fhzcm.jpg

I agree. The first BW head looks better to me. I think ur right about the Phoenix head. Larger iris would help a lot. Right now they look too beady.

XM changed the BW sculpt because people were saying they wanted a more "realistic" ie: less comic look :dunno I preferred the first better as well. Whatever we get I am sure I will be happy to own in the end.

XM changed the BW sculpt because people were saying they wanted a more "realistic" ie: less comic look :dunno I preferred the first better as well. Whatever we get I am sure I will be happy to own in the end.

I shouldn't have bought up Black Widow. I was just trying to make a point about how the iris size can change, and how much smaller they seem to be on the new Phoenix sculpt. Perhaps this is a better comparison for her eyes:

attachment.php

7dddf09dcd8ad30b09422e65d9bce7e2_zpsbyx6epyt.jpg

I have this on order and I like the Original Head better.
The second photo may just be a bad photo but her face looks like Claire Dane to me?

Looks like there going to fix the neck. He also said they're going to revisit the Iris size....

shorudan said:
Hey guys, both head sculpts will be provided (switch out part). The original is based on XM's interpretation and the second head is to follow closer to Artgerm's. Also saw the comments on the neck on the second head... we're visiting the factory to fix that!

The neck will look right!

10460980_1545743252313035_4345749557736570723_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah and someone here said I was complaining about nothing, "oh it looks ok, you've only seen one picture, it's just the angle". It seems even XM knows the neck looks too long. Thank God. Hopefully they will tweak the face too.

Back