XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You leave your "maximum" bid price that you're willing to pay. The system will place your bid at the lowest price within that range. If someone else bids and your "max" is still higher, the system will increase your bid to the next higher bid price in fixed increments. If the next bidder outbids your max then his bid will be the highest bid. They may also place a "max" just like you. In this case the system will automatically bid the lowest possible bid for you to secure that first place. And the process continues til the auction closes.

Haven't Ebayed for awhile now. But that's my last recollection of it.

10926223_10153104566846096_5803739440375621400_n.jpg

Don't know... You'd think eBay would have pretty sophisticated IP address monitoring or suspicious trends for rigging auctions. I know vegas does.

I don't think there is anything funny about the auction. I do a lot of selling. Sometimes you get people register for ebay for the sole purpose of trying to get one item that they may not have been able to acquire through their normal means. The real tell to see how legit a seller or buyer is (and you can't necessarily do it on a current auction) is to check the feedback of the seller and their customers and see what they have been purchasing. I have seem plenty of sellers with feedback for items that were sold for $1.99 and most of their buyers have feedback for purchases of $1.99. Could be a concerted effort by the seller to build reputation, in which case the sales are suspect, but I don't really see any evidence of a "fake" auction here. I think Magneto is legitimately going for those prices right now.

Considering one sold legitimately for £1900 ($2900) a few days ago, the price is just going to increase with time. Who knows what this thing will be worth in a few years

eBay is still a place that can't or can be true for market price. This is sold for around $3k and it will drop when people start selling it after they all in customers hand.

eBay is still a place that can't or can be true for market price. This is sold for around $3k and it will drop when people start selling it after they all in customers hand.

I don't think many will be for sale. The ones that have been for sale so far are from flippers who bought it with no intention of keeping it and retailers who held stock back. I just don't see many collectors letting it go unless finances force a sale. In a year's time it will be very rare to see one for sale.

I don't think many will be for sale. The ones that have been for sale so far are from flippers who bought it with no intention of keeping it and retailers who held stock back. I just don't see many collectors letting it go unless finances force a sale. In a year's time it will be very rare to see one for sale.

:exactly: i still think this one will have the same impact as the Doom pf from sideshow, every time i see a Doom I am WoooooW

yep^^ ..even the statues that they've shown, none have the base/detail/story of mags…phoenix is awesome looking, but its still not sentinel hand, xavier school, blackbird parts, cerebro head, lol…its a lot to even type…so yes i think this piece is special, for sure..

Could be fake even seller only has 1 feedback scote

Probably is

:slap That's three that sold on ebay from Singapore for over 3K including shipping and two sold on SF B/S/T section for 2.5K shipped.

Fake? :nono

yep^^ ..even the statues that they've shown, none have the base/detail/story of mags…phoenix is awesome looking, but its still not sentinel hand, xavier school, blackbird parts, cerebro head, lol…its a lot to even type…so yes i think this piece is special, for sure..

Exactly! It's the baddest boy on the block! :thud:

That's three that sold on ebay from Singapore for over 3K including shipping and two sold on SF B/S/T section for 2.5K shipped.

Fake? :nono

Yeah, peeps need to realize just how in demand this piece is. Very low ES + Mind blowing sculpt + Killer QC = Insane aftermarket prices. I feel badly for peeps that think they can wait and pick it up later for a little less after the hype settles down. That's just not going to happen. The love for this piece runs deep and it's not dying. This may just be the grail of all grails in our hobby. Flippers will be done selling this piece soon. All that's left will be peeps that want them for their collections. Does anyone really think it'll be easier or cheaper to pick one up at that point in time? Good luck to anyone counting one that plan working out.

Yeah, peeps need to realize just how in demand this piece is. Very low ES + Mind blowing sculpt + Killer QC = Insane aftermarket prices. I feel badly for peeps that think they can wait and pick it up later for a little less after the hype settles down. That's just not going to happen. The love for this piece runs deep and it's not dying. This may just be the grail of all grails in our hobby. Flippers will be done selling this piece soon. All that's left will be peeps that want them for their collections. Does anyone really think it'll be easier or cheaper to pick one up at that point in time? Good luck to anyone counting one that plan working out.

Agree 100% great post!

XM has only sent out what One Shipment of these so far?
The True value of what these will end up going for on the Collector's Market won't be known till they have All hit and settled on the Market.
Right now there are so few out there it's causing an absolute Frenzy.
The Next few will most likely go even Higher than that $3300.00 mark but it'll come back down when there are a few for sale at the exact same time on Ebay.
I see these settling in at the $2000.00 to $2500.00 after all the dust settles.

Back